• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I haven't bought a comic book since 1996. What's new in comics these days?

38 posts in this topic

That recap was sad and very funny. Going on 8 months for me and don't miss it. That said, there was some cool stuff that did happen. Wiki marvel events and that should get you caught up.

My last purchase was 1988 but I went back to collect Bone books and bought few Marvel and DC books. When I was done with Bone collection, I stopped ever since 1995. Not much but missed some keys like Walking Dead and others.

:cloud9: Bone.

I never got the originals but picked up the Image reprints. Loved em

Seriously I havent bought comic books since 1996.

My main comic books that I would buy back then were Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine Volume 2, What If, Sensational Spider Man and even the last issue of Spawn I bought was 33.

I dont even know what the heck is going on with Marvel Comics these days even with DC or Image.

So what is new in Marvel Comics these days anyway?

* Peter Parker was never married to Mary Jane because of a deal with the devil to bring Aunt May back from the dead.

* Spider-Man was outed as Parker but now his identity is secret again.

* Gwen Stacey had a sexual relationship with Norman Osborne while she was with Peter.

* Aunt May was a swinging hipster as a youngster.

* Colossus died, but he is better now.

* Human Torch died, but he is better now.

* Captain America died, but he is better now.

* Bucky is back from the dead.

* Norman Osborne is back from the dead.

* Tony Stark was Secretary of State of the U.S. and a villain.

* Most of Doom's appearance were really Doombots over the years.

* Reed and Sue had a falling out.

* A super secret group was behind many of the major events in the MU.

* Some of the Avengers were really Skrulls.

* Inhumans are more important than the X-Men.

* Many of the MU characters are being remade with an ethnic background or as female.

* Guardians of the Galaxy are contemporary with other Marvel heroes.

Did I miss anything?

- Wolverine: the Origin

- Gwen Stacy is currently everywhere and everyone

- Every issue published by Marvel now has a minimum of 59 different covers

- You need a map to even begin to try to follow all the title and volume and numbering changes for any character or team

Seriously I havent bought comic books since 1996.

My main comic books that I would buy back then were Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine Volume 2, What If, Sensational Spider Man and even the last issue of Spawn I bought was 33.

I dont even know what the heck is going on with Marvel Comics these days even with DC or Image.

* Peter Parker was never married to Mary Jane because of a deal with the devil to bring Aunt May back from the dead.

* Spider-Man was outed as Parker but now his identity is secret again.

* Gwen Stacey had a sexual relationship with Norman Osborne while she was with Peter.

* Aunt May was a swinging hipster as a youngster.

* Colossus died, but he is better now.

* Human Torch died, but he is better now.

* Captain America died, but he is better now.

* Bucky is back from the dead.

* Norman Osborne is back from the dead.

* Tony Stark was Secretary of State of the U.S. and a villain.

* Most of Doom's appearance were really Doombots over the years.

* Reed and Sue had a falling out.

* A super secret group was behind many of the major events in the MU.

* Some of the Avengers were really Skrulls.

* Inhumans are more important than the X-Men.

* Many of the MU characters are being remade with an ethnic background or as female.

* Guardians of the Galaxy are contemporary with other Marvel heroes.

Did I miss anything?

- Wolverine: the Origin

- Gwen Stacy is currently everywhere and everyone

- Every issue published by Marvel now has a minimum of 59 different covers

- You need a map to even begin to try to follow all the title and volume and numbering changes for any character or team

I am quite happy I quit when I did. Even if getting back issues of Maxx is more difficult than I first imagined

The Walking Dead series is very popular!! There is a TV series and also video games of The Walking Dead.

OP said he hasn't picked up a comic since 1996, not that he has been living in a cave the whole time...

Do you also want to tell him that superhero movies are really popular now and one just came out with both Batman and Superman?!?

:makepoint:

The Walking Dead series is very popular!! There is a TV series and also video games of The Walking Dead.

OP said he hasn't picked up a comic since 1996, not that he has been living in a cave the whole time...

Do you also want to tell him that superhero movies are really popular now and one just came out with both Batman and Superman?!?

:makepoint:

:roflmao:

Uncle Ben didn't really die it was a master plan of his and he has been secretly pulling all the strings including those of Thanos, Skrulls, Kree, Avengers, West Coast Avengers, MidWest Avengers, Norther Avengers, Southern Border Avengers, Hawaiian Avengers, European Avengers, Middle East Avengers, Eastern Bloc Avengers, Asian Avengers, Aussie avengers, and several other Avenger groups. The last human without super powers was identified as Bill Willington of Quebec. He is also the only human being who has not died yet.

Uncle Ben didn't really die it was a master plan of his and he has been secretly pulling all the strings including those of Thanos, Skrulls, Kree, Avengers, West Coast Avengers, MidWest Avengers, Norther Avengers, Southern Border Avengers, Hawaiian Avengers, European Avengers, Middle East Avengers, Eastern Bloc Avengers, Asian Avengers, Aussie avengers, and several other Avenger groups. The last human without super powers was identified as Bill Willington of Quebec. He is also the only human being who has not died yet.

I would read Aussie Avengers! :applause:(thumbs u

I quit buying modern comics with Simpsons #100. Love the show and loved the comic. I occasionaly buy a new book here and there. Bought a few New 52's when they came out to see what the fuss was all about. I put Walking Dead #1 back on the rack because I thought it tanked and I am a horror fan. When they started changing and killing off everybody, I saw the writing on the wall for me. I can buy cool vintage comics for what a new one costs now.

[font:Book Antiqua]Diversity.

* Thor is a woman

* Captain America / Spider-man are Black

* Hulk is Asian

* Ms. Marvel is Pakistani / American

* X-Men are Out / Inhumans are In

* Peter Parker is rich...

* No more Fantastic Four

[/font]

:roflmao: Because its true