• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transformers V: The Last Knight (2017)
1 1

102 posts in this topic

How Transformers: The Last Knight Sets Up Bumblebee Spinoff

transformers-bumblebee-215475.jpg

In an interview with Collider, the producer was asked how the upcoming Transformers flick would lead into the Bumblebee standalone. He said, “You’ve got to be careful with that stuff, because then you start thinking about the other movies and not about the one you’re making. I would say, we definitely spent some time going ‘How does this link up and where are these other things going to go?’”

“So I think in their initial construction in the writer’s room, and the initial sort of thinking, we spent a lot of time on that, thinking about the interrelationship.” He went on to say, “some of the things will have a very direct relationship. You’ll see some things in here that are laying a pipe. You won’t necessarily know that it’s laying a pipe for another movie, but it’s there. So there’s probably, in a really meaningful way, two or three things in this movie that really have a meaningful aspect…and then there’s a bunch of little things. But we’re not making this movie to set up the other movies.”

The producer continued, saying, “Some of the things will have a very direct relationship. You’ll see some things in here that are laying a pipe. You won’t necessarily know that it’s laying a pipe for another movie, but it’s there.”

It kinda looks like there are some Unicron-ish hints in that trailer.

Blows my mind that we are five movies in and no sign of Unicron!

Unicron is supposed to be THE apocalypse. Glad someone is sticking to mythology

I've seen the first, and I think the 3rd. My nephew is really into them, so I catch a bit here and there when I am visiting.

It's not something I've gone out of the way to rent and watch. Never will.

Unicron or we burn Bay at the stake....after that last -fest, if he wants to even think about earning my money, he will put Unicron in this!!!

:sumo:

Orson Welles' second to last role.

You know what I did this morning? I played the voice of a toy. Some terrible robot toys from Japan that changed from one thing to another. The Japanese have funded a full-length animated cartoon about the doings of these toys, which is all bad outer-space stuff. I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed. My plan to destroy Whoever-it-is is thwarted and I tear myself apart on the screen.

- "Orson Wells: A Biography" page 522

Actually Unicron was his last role he filmed

I hate the Transformers films (aside from the first one), so I wish for the fans sake that this one is really good.

The second and third were beyond mediocre, but the first and the Mark Wahlberg one were good. I like the Mark Wahlberg Transformers movie the best. So they`re getting better.

I hate the Transformers films (aside from the first one), so I wish for the fans sake that this one is really good.

It's a Transformers movie.....with Merlin and King Arthur in it.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict that it's an incoherent mess.

UqNlUAC.png

That is such a cool poster.

There can be only one

"Here we are,

Born to be kings,

We're the princes of the universe,

Here we belong,

Fighting to survive in a war with the darkest powers,

And here we are,

We're the princes of the universe,

Here we belong,

Fighting for survival,

We've come to be the rulers of your world,

I am immortal,

I have inside me blood of kings,

I have no rival,

No man can be my equal,

Take me to the future of your world"

‘The Last Knight’ Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura Reveals How a ‘Transformers’ Movie Is Made

During an extended conversation with one of the few people that’s been involved in all the Transformers movies besides Michael Bay (producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura), he revealed how The Last Knight came together, what’s different about this sequel, if they listen to the fans when making the films, if people need to have seen the first four installments to understand The Last Knight, and so much more.

Question: What is the basic thing going on here? We saw in the last movie Optimus flies away.

Lorenzo Di Bonaventura: I’m not going to give too much away. It’s going to go back into the deep mythology of the Transformers. On Earth, our guys are going to find a whole other level of mythology that’s happening on Earth that really–you know, we did this writer’s table a long time ago, and I think one of the great things that came out of it, was–one was sort of refreshing ourselves in the depth of the Transformers mythology, which is actually quite impressive, and two was building it out, and taking some things–sort of the way the movie ended, you’re going, all right, it’s headed in that direction.

With that mythology you’re talking about, doing the deep dive, is that primarily from the cartoon, or did that include the comic adaptations?

Di Bonaventura: It’s both, and I think it’s also–Hasbro put together sort of a bible, if you would, of all the mythologies that have been put forward, and they put it into one thing, and some of the comic book doesn’t fit exactly with the TV show and the movie. So you had to sort of–there was a few rough edges we had to round off, but you know, now with a fifth movie coming, there’s a lot of mythology that we’ve established as well. So what we did was really built all three of the things into one very large document–very large world.

Is this one of these movies where–will people have to have seen the first four to enjoy this film?

Di Bonaventura: No, no. That’s another conscious thing. The opening of the film will introduce the sort of exploration of the mythology that we’re going to do. Therefore, it’s not necessary to have seen the films before, because it’s going to establish the – let’s call it the mystery of the movie - and the direction the movie is going to go in.

transformers-last-knight.gif

There is a decent amount of Transformers fans have had a coronary over the Bay universe and how it has destroyed their childhood.

For me? I have enjoyed movies where these machine things come to life and big giant robots smash each other. That's all it is. It's not rocket science or deep drama. I am watching these movies to see stuff get blown up and not to explore human existence.

With that said... I also don't see what the problem is in building a Hasbro universe. Bonaventura has said that the writers are trying to figure it out. That his ridiculous. I could build this universe in one post:

Here you go... for free.

Transformers: Main franchise. Transformers are on Earth wrecking havok

GI Joe: Soft Reboot. Turns out the Sector Seven Unit (GI Joe unit in Transformers) is being folded into the real secret unit... code name GI Joe.

MASK: Government takes Transformers technology and tries to emulate it.

Micronauts: Space race comes from another dimension, planet or whatever to deal with Transformer threat on Earth for the humans.

ROM: Space Knight comes from another dimension, planet or wahtever to deal with Transformer thread on Earth.

Action Man: Instead of a GI Joe Unit... Make Action Man the equivalent of Valiant's Ninjack. Tie this guy into Snake Eyes for some fun.

Basically like in the Marvel Universe, the Earth is the focal point of all potential disaster. GI Joe, MASK, Action Man and the Autobots defend the planet. The Deceptions want to take it over, Cobra forms an alliance with the Decepticons to get to areas of humanity that the Decepticons cannot get to.

ROM and the Micronauts don't care who gets caught in the crossfire they just want to get rid of Decepticons and all Transformers in general.

Unicron is Thanos...

Bang I win.

Pay me.