• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transformers V: The Last Knight (2017)
1 1

102 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Looks like the best one yet.

I wonder with the name The Last Knight if Hasbro sneaks Rom Space Knight into this somehow?  hm

or it also be Knight of Unicron

42 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Yeah,I was hoping since Hasbro stated Micronauts,Rom and MASK were all getting their own movies in a shared universe that this would somehow have a Rom cameo to get the ball rolling.

yeah, they can change it up and make them part of the transformers movie universe but they got to start letting some of these movies have character development for everybody.

Hate to say it, but Marky Mark is a big step up from Shia LaBeouf.

LaBeouf was decent enough in the first one - and far from the worst thing about that film - but he's not in the same "movie star" league as Marky Mark - who helped make the last one different enough that it was at least palatable.

Edited by Gatsby77

Michael Bay Says ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Is His Last ‘Transformers’ Movie

Speaking with Fandango, Bay says that The Last Knight will be his final go-around directing a Transformers film:

“These movies that I’ve done, they are massive movies. They take a lot out of you,” Bay said when we asked if he was finally — for real, this time — stepping away from the Transformers franchise. “I’ve done it enough, and I’ve had a great time doing it. I’m going out with a bang on this one, and I feel like you gotta go out while you’re ahead, you know. I think I’ve had a good run, and I’ve got a lot of other movies I want to do.”

On 5/20/2017 at 11:16 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Hate to say it, but Marky Mark is a big step up from Shia LaBeouf.

LaBeouf was decent enough in the first one - and far from the worst thing about that film - but he's not in the same "movie star" league as Marky Mark - who helped make the last one different enough that it was at least palatable.

100 PERCENT AGREE! Much better than Shia LaBeof.

10 hours ago, paperheart said:

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/transformers-the-last-knight?ref=hp

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_the_last_knight_2017

Fool and His Money Index  (FAHM = WW box office/RT score) could hit an all time high surpassing Transformers: Age of Extinction

It will be interesting to see the difference in the domestic and international box-offices on this.

I know I am passing on this one and will Red Box it.

Seems other than Guardians of Galaxy 2 and Wonder Woman that most of these big blockbusters are flopping criticaly or flopping at the box office.

Audiences have grown tired of these big CGI blow up movies.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Box Office: 'Transformers 5' Posts Series-Low Opening Day With $15.7M

transformers-_the_last_knight_still_17.j

The summer tentpole is banking on a strong run overseas to make up for franchise fatigue in North America.

Paramount and Hasbro's Transformers: The Last Knight easily topped the Wednesday box-office chart with $15.7 million from 4,069 theaters, but that's the lowest opening day for any film in the franchise, including those titles that likewise debuted midweek. Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) grossed $37.7 million when launching on a Wednesday, while Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) took in $62 million on its first Wednesday.

Prerelease tracking suggests Transformers 5 will post a five-day domestic debut in the $70 million-$75 million range, notably behind the $100 million North American launch of the last title, Transformers: Age of Extinction, over the three-day June 27-29 weekend in 2014 and the lowest in the Hasbro toy-based series. Based on Wednesday's performance, the new film could have trouble clearing $65 million in its opening frame.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

For most of the American audience it's like we seen one CGI explosion film after another. The audience has gotten tired of them. I rather play the last Transformers last few videogames than watch another Michael Bay explosion picture. He ruined the last two TMNT movies as well.

Time for someone new to do Transformers.

9 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

For most of the American audience it's like we seen one CGI explosion film after another. The audience has gotten tired of them. I rather play the last Transformers last few videogames than watch another Michael Bay explosion picture. He ruined the last two TMNT movies as well.

As long as it makes big money outside North America, they don't really care.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:22 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I didn't even know this was released. I was expecting July 4th for some reason.

I've been so sick of Michael Bay since Armageddon (but the first Transformers rocked - and The Rock.)

On 6/23/2017 at 9:57 AM, valiantman said:

As long as it makes big money outside North America, they don't really care.

You are not kidding!

Box Office: 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Nabs Optimal $48M Friday In China

We'll see about legs past opening day, but Transformers: The Last Knight earned its keep in China on its first day. Paramount/Viacom Inc.'s Michael Bay robot-smashing sequel earned a terrific $47.9 million on its first day in China (so says China Film Insider), including online ticketing fees and midnight sneaks. That is just above the $45.7m opening Wednesday and $46m Thursday for Warcraft last year and (obviously) below the $65m opening Friday and $67m first Saturday for Fate of the Furious and the $62m opening day for Furious 7 two years ago. It's higher than the $30m opening day of Transformers: Age of Extinction back in 2014 and the likes of Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($33m) and Avengers: Age of Ultron ($33m).

Moreover, the film earned around 12% of its total opening day via midnight previews, which is a better hold than the last two Fast and Furious movies (13%) as well as Warcraft (16%).  I don't have word on word-of-mouth at the moment, but if the film clicked with moviegoers, it stands to reason it might just have legs, both because the film has heavy Chinese investment and because audiences didn't care much for The Mummy and Alien: Covenant over the last two weeks. Depending on the breaks, like if it is as front-loaded as Batman v Superman ($55.7m from a $21.2m Friday) or as leggy as Transformers: Age of Extinction ($92m from a $30m Friday), we're looking at an opening weekend of between $125m and $147m.