• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transformers V: The Last Knight (2017)
1 1

102 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Sardo Numspar said:

I cannot emphasize strongly enough in words how bad this movie was. They have completely eradicated everything that I loved about transformers from my childhood. May God have mercy on Michael Bay's soul.

I kind of liked Michael Bay,until I saw his last two TMNT movies. That is when I lost all respect for him. 

He has now ruined 2 classic franchises Transformers and TMNT.

Against my better judgement as I knew this movie would be terrible I still went and saw it last night with a couple of friends.

It needed far more story and perhaps the hiring of some decent writers could provide that.

I think what I dislike about Michael Bay films is that there is so much going on, and the pace always feels the same.

The Transformers are very detailed and are hard to look at when they are spinning in the air while there are 10 explosions happening around them. It is just far to much. This movie is  either a chase scene, or a fight scene with dozens of things flying in the air and explosions all rapidly moving about on the big screen.

Just tiresome to watch, save your money and don't be...me. If you do have a lapse in judgement I recommend sitting at the very back of the theater otherwise the fast moving objects on the screen will give you an eyestrain headache trying to watch it.

Edited by Artboy99

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

The Transformers are very detailed and are hard to look at when they are spinning in the air while there are 10 explosions happening around them. It is just far to much. This movie is  either a chase scene, or a fight scene with dozens of things flying in the air and explosions all rap[idly moving about on the big screen.

How's that different than the last four?

I view these things as children's movies.  I generally enjoy them, but I don't think of myself as the intended audience.  I've seen no reason for kids not to love the ones I've seen.

Just now, fantastic_four said:

I view these things as children's movies.  I generally enjoy them, but I don't think of myself as the intended audience.  I've seen no reason for kids not to love the ones I've seen.

I didn't see any of the previous films.

Are these movies made for kids?

If so they need to cater to them and not put in clearly adult themes and lines. I can't remember exactly how it was said but there was a scene where the female lead asked Wahlberg for something and Mark replied with "I was planning to do it organically" which clearly meant he intended to have sex with the female co-star.

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Are these movies made for kids?

If so they need to cater to them and not put in clearly adult themes and lines. I can't remember exactly how it was said but there was a scene where the female lead asked Wahlberg for something and Mark replied with "I was planning to do it organically" which clearly meant he intended to have sex with the female co-star.

They're all PG-13.  That line seems totally tame next to the violence in them films, which itself is fairly tame as well since they're robots.  I imagine if cybernetic organisms were real we'd think it was far more violent though.

45 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The Transformers franchise is considered both for kids and adults now. Think how Spider-Man,Batman,Fantastic Four and TMNT  at certain points were considered just for kids.

The Transformers have a huge adult audience now. This audience were kids in the 1980s who grew up with the franchise.

Bay has shown a lack of respect to both the Transformers and TMNT long time loyal audiences. Think of how Fox has treated your Fantastic Four franchise?

Bay has done the same lousy job. The only thing was Bay got away with it for a good while until the audience wised up.With the Fantastic Four reboot movie they were wised  from the get go it was going to be a stinker.

International box office saved this Transformers movie just like it has Mummy,latest Pirates of Carribean, and World of Warcraft movies. 

Eventually the international audiences will catch on and realize they are being sold junk like the American audiences has.

Does anyone genuinely enjoy these movies? I loved the toy line and cartoon as a kid, but these are beyond terrible. The Transformers themselves are not even well designed. They are masses of moving metal parts that are virtually indistinguishable from one another. :sick:

Edited by october

1 hour ago, october said:

Does anyone genuinely enjoy these movies? I loved the toy line and cartoon as a kid, but these are beyond terrible. The Transformers themselves are not even well designed. They are masses of moving metal parts that are virtually indistinguishable from one another. :sick:

The one I have seen was awful.

I didn't get into Transformers as a kid; I was into G.I. Joe figures during the Transformers era.  I generally enjoy the films and think the CGI effects for the robots is absolutely awesome.  The CGI action is the entire reason I enjoy it.

That scene in the first movie where they first come to Earth and reveal themselves to Shia LaBeouf's character gave me chills because it was so impressive.  Which surprised me entirely, because I wasn't looking forward to seeing the film and had no prior attachment to it, I just happened across it while flipping channels and got hooked.

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The Transformers franchise is considered both for kids and adults now. Think how Spider-Man,Batman,Fantastic Four and TMNT  at certain points were considered just for kids.

I don't have the slightest clue how they'd make movies about giant robots from the planet Cybertron where the enemies are called Decepticons.  The core story is so geared towards the sophomoric tastes of children that making it at all realistic for adults seems a stretch.  I still view TMNT as being for kids, and I was buying the comic long before any of the kids' cartoons came out.  Stan Lee's creations are different because he explicitly wrote them for both adults and kids.

"Pacific Rim" pulled off a more believable movie about giant robots, but only by entirely changing the story from the ground up.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I didn't get into Transformers as a kid; I was into G.I. Joe figures during the Transformers era.  I generally enjoy the films and think the CGI effects for the robots is absolutely awesome.  The CGI action is the entire reason I enjoy it.

That scene in the first movie where they first come to Earth and reveal themselves to Shia LaBeouf's character gave me chills because it was so impressive.  Which surprised me entirely, because I wasn't looking forward to seeing the film and had no prior attachment to it, I just happened across it while flipping channels and got hooked.

The first one was the best. They are going keep making them. It is a billion dollar franchise it makes more money than the Star Trek franchise now.

My problem is I think a lot of people will agree with me at a certain point you get tired of the franchises if they keep delivering the same kind of picture over and over again. Give us something new.

Even Star Trek is suffering from this. The Enterprise crashes yet again in a movie?

People are wising up and the box office is showing this.

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The first one was the best. They are going keep making them. It is a billion dollar franchise it makes more money than the Star Trek franchise now.

My problem is I think a lot of people will agree with me at a certain point you get tired of the franchises if they keep delivering the same kind of picture over and over again. Give us something new.

Even Star Trek is suffering from this. The Enterprise crashes yet again in a movie?

It is interesting, though, because other forms of entertainment have the same problem.

The 5th album from a solo artist or band is usually not their greatest work, unless they've really changed direction.

The soap opera, as a form of entertainment on daytime network TV survived half-a-century without ever changing the story... badly-acted drama, romance, divorce, murder, cattiness, kids who are 7 years old 6 months after birth, remarriage, redivorce, product placement, 5th year... 50th year.

The 5th season of a show.  The 5th time you go to a restaurant.  Even once-in-a-lifetime entertainment gets boring... the 5th trip to Disney World, for those lucky enough to go 5 times.  

Anyone remember Super Bowl V?  

24 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It is interesting, though, because other forms of entertainment have the same problem.

The 5th album from a solo artist or band is usually not their greatest work, unless they've really changed direction.

The soap opera, as a form of entertainment on daytime network TV survived half-a-century without ever changing the story... badly-acted drama, romance, divorce, murder, cattiness, kids who are 7 years old 6 months after birth, remarriage, redivorce, product placement, 5th year... 50th year.

The 5th season of a show.  The 5th time you go to a restaurant.  Even once-in-a-lifetime entertainment gets boring... the 5th trip to Disney World, for those lucky enough to go 5 times.  

Anyone remember Super Bowl V?  

It seems like that as 5th seasons to me is when Madmen,Dexter and similar quality shows started to lose it. 

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

If you go to a Transformers movie, it's to see giant robots fighting.  That's what Transformers is about.

While I loved the first one best, the fighting scenes from some of the sequels are awesome.  When I re-watch Revenge of the Fallen, all I want to see is Optimus Prime going 1-on-5 in that forest, and later Optimus Prime with upgrades from Jetfire kicking the butts of Megatron, the Fallen, and Starscream simultaneously.  Every film has had some memorable fight sequence I found cool, but I've only seen the first three.  Still need to see both Marky Mark films.

Edited by fantastic_four

Transformers 5 Drops 82% Friday-To-Friday In China

According to a report by Forbes on Friday, The Last Knight’s second Friday in Chinese theaters dropped by a staggering 82.2 percent, from $48 million including midnight showings in week 1 to just $8.5 million in week 2. Forbes’ Rob Cain describes the plunge as the “most spectacular Friday-to-Friday drop I can recall for a wide release in China.” The closest comparison he could find was 2010 low-budget horror flick The Devil Inside, which dropped 83 percent Friday-to-Friday – but that movie still ended up grossing $101 million worldwide off a $1 million budget.

Forbes is now projecting The Last Knight to end up with around $240 million in China, compared to the $320 million earned by Age of Extinction three years ago. The 25 percent drop would come at a time when the Chinese box office market had grown by about 50 percent in the three years since Age of Extinction’s release, making The Last Knight’s drop-off all the more stunning.

Even the most fanatical markets could be getting burned out on the big explosion-little storyline approach.