• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Cases Meh posted by pjallen080483

16 posts in this topic

I thought they would be better.

So got my most recent submission back, and it was the start of the new cases CGC will be using. Well the cases are nice I give them that they seem a lot clearer and a little more sturdy. But being someone that uses graded comic bags they just kinda screwed me. On my smaller cases I would receive, I used the resealable BCW bags and on the larger cases mylar bags. Well now looks like I am gonna have to goto the larger more expensive mylar bags for everything. That is unless someone has a good recommendation for another bag company or size I can also use. Thanks.

17394.jpg

See more journals by pjallen080483

I've been using these bags for a few years now and have been very pleased with them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-CGC-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-1-6-MIL-RESEALABLE-DISPLAY-BAGS-FREE-SHIP-LIKE-MYLAR-/251309388008?hash=item3a8334f0e8:g:DogAAMXQySpROB1q

They also fit the new cases just fine.

(Also, I'm not shilling for anyone. I'm not sure if this particular seller is the manufacturer or even the only guy selling these bags, but he is the one I've always bought from.)

I've been using these bags for a few years now and have been very pleased with them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-CGC-CRYSTAL-CLEAR-1-6-MIL-RESEALABLE-DISPLAY-BAGS-FREE-SHIP-LIKE-MYLAR-/251309388008?hash=item3a8334f0e8:g:DogAAMXQySpROB1q

(Also, I'm not shilling for anyone. I'm not sure if this particular seller is the manufacturer or even the only guy selling these bags, but he is the one I've always bought from.)

You can find the exact same bags direct from the dealer and save a TON of money. You can either spend nearly a dollar a piece from the dealer on eBay or 14 cents a piece from the factory. Seems like a no-brainer to me!

Try THIS LINK for more information.

You can find the exact same bags direct from the dealer and save a TON of money. You can either spend nearly a dollar a piece from the dealer on eBay or 14 cents a piece from the factory. Seems like a no-brainer to me!

Thanks.

Are these these Mylite-esque* or are they polybags?

* I know they are not Mylite bags as gerber holds the patent...but are they a close facsimile?

Thanks.

Are these these Mylite-esque* or are they polybags?

* I know they are not Mylite bags as gerber holds the patent...but are they a close facsimile?

They are polybags, made from 1.6 mil polypropylene, just like the ones sold by the eBay merchant mentioned above. It's the exact same bag.

HOTFLIPS sells bags made from the same material. The difference is that the bags sold by Hotflips are thicker at 2.5 mil. But it's the same stuff.

No they are not Mylites. Not even "Mylite-esque." Polypropylene isn't a bad storage material - it's acid free. But it's not in the same ballpark as Mylar.

I think that Mylar bags for graded comics are overkill anyway. The poly bags are affordable and get the job done. Save the Mylar for your raw goodies.

My man! Thanks for the tip!

I use the Hotflips bags too. The new holders fit in them nice and tight. But due to their being the space on the back of the grade, sealing them is more by feel. Nothing to really press on to get a great seal, shouldn't be a problem though.

Are the new CGC holders bigger?

Same length just thicker. From what i can tell anyway.

That's not good for me because I use the thin Mylar bags for my CGC books and they barely fit in there very snugly. I don't know if they will fit the new case.

Anyway I know that you don't really need archival storage for a plastic CGC case, that is already archival itself, but I just like the clear quality of the thin Mylar bags vs, poly, which seem to yellow with age and aren't as clear to begin with.

I can't remember where I bought my Mylar CGC bags...probably off ebay. I have about 70 left but I"m sure will use them up over time as I buy books with the older cases (which is 99.9% of them right now). I'm sure someone will make the mylar bags for new cases, if they haven't already...if the old ones don't fit.

On 4/20/2016 at 11:27 AM, Robert_L said:

I use the Hotflips bags too. The new holders fit in them nice and tight. But due to their being the space on the back of the grade, sealing them is more by feel. Nothing to really press on to get a great seal, shouldn't be a problem though.

Do you have a link to the Hotflips bags that you use for the new thicker style cases?

On 3/27/2017 at 8:06 PM, Mad Mori said:

Do you have a link to the Hotflips bags that you use for the new thicker style cases?

I think this is the link CGC Bags

Look around the site. I think they have larger bags now. I need to reorder some anyway.

• Administrator

This is the original view of this journal on the Chat Boards. This view is locked, so members can no longer reply here.

This journal is also posted in the new Journals section, which is unlocked. Click the link below to see any other comments about this journal and post new replies.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/blogs/entry/4651-new-cases-meh/

• Administrator

You can also click "My Journal" in the main menu to quickly find your own journal, journal entries, and replies.

07 My Journal CGC.png

And you can search all journals by using the search tool.

08 Search Journals CGC.png

• Administrator

You can find journal entries by a specific author by using the search tool and visiting their profile, and you can follow members to get notifications when they post new content.

09 Members Journals CGC.png