• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction

377 posts in this topic

lost on the fantastic 5 upgrade; and bid it hard. dammit.

What a book that was. I was out well before the bidding war got going...

I'ma touch annoyed that I didn't check the start time. Just logged on and there were a number of books I'd targeted that have gone ......

Superboy 1 did well for a book that hasn't gotten much love recently.

20% over GPA. Very little flying under the radar as usual...

The Superman 7 seemed to go low and I thought the Superman 29 also went lower than I would have thought.

Everything I bid on went high, though!

Superboy 1 did well for a book that hasn't gotten much love recently.

20% over GPA. Very little flying under the radar as usual...

The Superman 7 seemed to go low and I thought the Superman 29 also went lower than I would have thought.

Agreed, but neither was particularly a steal.

Lost hos92

any specific reason this book is going for so much right now ?

Tons of demand. I sold a 9.4 recently so wanted to replace

No back cover, front cover detached, panel torn out of p2 and slightly brittle pages... seems to be doing OK, I'd have thought.

Won't know till it's over (thumbs u . Lots of people don't bid until the actual auction. A book can sky rocket quickly in that setting. With the beautiful 3.0 with white pages selling for around 53k I think it's doing alright for pre-auction bidding at 7.2K. Heck a C-OW complete 1.0 sold for less than 9k in 2014. This is a nice looking entry level copy and the market seems hot right now. I expect it to go higher but not TONs higher.

I still think this went cheap.

Not that many around.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/whiz-comics-2-1-incomplete-fawcett-publications-1940-cgc-pr-05-slightly-brittle-pages/a/7137-91118.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus