• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction

377 posts in this topic

lost on the fantastic 5 upgrade; and bid it hard. dammit.

Darn

That was a beauty.

I didn't even get a chance to bid. :tonofbricks:

Went for $7,170 with BP. I'm trying to decide whether that was a lot or surprisingly little. :D

I was surprised it didn't go for more.

Did the fact that:

- the comics were for sale on Friday rather than Thursday,

- earlier start than usual and

- that so few books were for sale

mean lower bidder numbers?

The other comic prices would suggest a premium over and above should have been achieved.

All those factors seemed to make little difference.

Darn

That was a beauty.

Because your internet hasn`t been working for the entire 20+ days that the auction has been open for bidding? :baiting:

Darn

That was a beauty.

Went for $7,170 with BP. I'm trying to decide whether that was a lot or surprisingly little. :D

I was surprised it didn't go for more.

Did the fact that:

- the comics were for sale on Friday rather than Thursday,

- earlier start than usual and

- that so few books were for sale

mean lower bidder numbers?

The other comic prices would suggest a premium over and above should have been achieved.

The comics offering was pretty slim this auction, which is probably one reason why they just combined it with the art.

I thought it was nice that they did it on a Friday, so those of us in Asia were actually able to stay up and participate in the live bidding for a change (for a few hours, at least).

Darn

That was a beauty.

Because your internet hasn`t been working for the entire 20+ days that the auction has been open for bidding? :baiting:

Never bid till live auction as see no need to increase bidding intensity on an item with all the false auction ending points.

Also stopped me bidding on the Lone Ranger

Darn

That was a beauty.

Never bid till live auction as see no need to increase bidding intensity on an item with all the false auction ending points.

Which then leaves you vulnerable to things like missing the live bidding.

Also stopped me bidding on the Lone Ranger

Maybe it would`ve broken the $20K barrier as the bidding got fast and furious between you and whoever it was that actually won it! lol

Congrats on the Tec 36 Peter!

Peter right on if you got that Tec 36 starting to look real good now. :golfclap:

Thanks fellas.

I was pointed out (Thanks to Tony, Keith and Barton) to this whole new CGC case mess -newton rings and waviness- so I will hold out to send to CCS/CGC until they get their mess together.

"New CGC slab" - wonderful indeed. :eyeroll:

Congrats on the Tec 36 Peter!

Peter right on if you got that Tec 36 starting to look real good now. :golfclap:

Thanks fellas.

I was pointed out (Thanks to Tony, Keith and Barton) to this whole new CGC case mess -newton rings and waviness- so I will hold out to send to CCS/CGC until they get their mess together.

"New CGC slab" - wonderful indeed. :eyeroll:

I really hope CGC fixes the new case issue, so you can keep that CGC registry consistency. (thumbs u