• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction

377 posts in this topic

Planet #14 in 5.0 went for $3824 with BP. :o

I was the underbidder. :tonofbricks:

Sorry for you Andy. Didn't know you collected Planets?

Got them all except 14 and 15. (thumbs u

:o run silent, run deep.

Another #14 coming up at Comicconnect in June!

Another #14 coming up at Comicconnect in June!

What's the grade?

I'm after all the early Fights and Rangers as well. Those are tougher runs to put together, imo.

To be fair, the grades of my run do vary. There are only a few books that are below 5.0, but not that many high graders either. One of my run has slight resto, and I'll be happy for the last two I need to have minor resto as well, as long as they present well enough.

4.0 Voldemort

Should go for less than todays auction I would think.

I hope. Congrats on a terrific book.

Thanks. I had my eye on the #24 as well, but burned through all my budget on the #14.

The two tough books so it seems :frustrated:

Oh yeah. Ted from Superworld had a low-ish grade copy of #14 a few months back, but I wasn't sure about the grade, so I let it pass. It was priced reasonably, though. Beginning to wish I'd pulled the trigger...

The two tough books so it seems :frustrated:

Oh yeah. Ted from Superworld had a low-ish grade copy of #14 a few months back, but I wasn't sure about the grade, so I let it pass. It was priced reasonably, though. Beginning to wish I'd pulled the trigger...

There will be others. You need patience putting together this run as you already know.

I'm after all the early Fights and Rangers as well. [font:Arial Black] Those are tougher runs to put together, imo.[/font] Shh! Don't tell anybody that. Fights and Rangers are boring. They are common. The art is bad too. And they smell funny. :whistle:

To be fair, the grades of my run do vary. There are only a few books that are below 5.0, but not that many high graders either. One of my run has slight resto, and I'll be happy for the last two I need to have minor resto as well, as long as they present well enough.

I put in a very modest tracking bid on this one more out of curiosity than a serious intention to win it - and guess what?

Planet%20Comics%2022%20CGC%207.5_zps4n6jf0gz.jpg

Blow me down with a feather.

Heritage has to work on their imaging. Many of the scans have that off color strip along the spine and right edge.

Just to underscore Jeff's point, I was able to remove most of the scanner artifact with Photoshop.

Planet%20Comics%2022%20CGC%2075_zpsexmwcccq.jpg

If this is closer to how the book looks in reality, I would think the consignor was hardly pleased with the quality of the scan Heritage provided. As Jeff said, the artifact is present in a number of cases - just more marked here because of the black background. Can anyone figure out what the artifact is? It's got me beat.

If this is closer to how the book looks in reality, I would think the consignor was hardly pleased with the quality of the scan Heritage provided. As Jeff said, the artifact is present in a number of cases - just more marked here because of the black background. Can anyone figure out what the artifact is? It's got me beat.

Looks to me like it might be a bad case of Newtonringitis. :eek:

Are these "artifacts" mainly present on Golden Age books in the new slabs?

I think so, too. The HA scan is probably fine; unfortunately, that's probably how the book looks in the slab.

There's a very long thread in CG on the new slabs. Thicker books -- like GA books -- seem to be affected more by the problem.

I think so, too. The HA scan is probably fine; unfortunately, that's probably how the book looks in the slab.

There's a very long thread in CG on the new slabs. Thicker books -- like GA books -- seem to be affected more by the problem.

Not caught the thread on the new slabs but it is interesting that a number of other books in this auction seem to have exactly the same pattern, just fainter. I'm intrigued to see how it will look in hand..

I put in a very modest tracking bid on this one more out of curiosity than a serious intention to win it - and guess what?

Planet%20Comics%2022%20CGC%207.5_zps4n6jf0gz.jpg

Blow me down with a feather.

Heritage has to work on their imaging. Many of the scans have that off color strip along the spine and right edge.

Just to underscore Jeff's point, I was able to remove most of the scanner artifact with Photoshop.

Planet%20Comics%2022%20CGC%2075_zpsexmwcccq.jpg

Nice pick up Flex