• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Box art documentary - base goal met, stretch goals here we come!

10 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

As some of you may know I've been trying to learn more about the artists behind some of the classic images on 80s and 90s videogame boxes. When I started 8 years ago there was literally nothing on the internet. Through a lot of time and effort I was able to find information on some of these artists, and with director Rob McCallum and lots of other talented people, we are putting together a documentary to finally tell the story of this art and give these incredibly talented artists their long overdue credit. Please support our kickstarter! And, if you have ideas for the film, please feel free to share. Obviously only a few can be acted on. thanks in advance! Click here:

Thanks Jay, Rob the director and a crew will be doing some road trippin'. Various parts of Canada & the US is I guess the best I can answer that :) Rob would probably be the best to answer this question, but I'm guessing the better we do with fundraising the more the more artists can be interviewed and with that will probably come additional filming locations :)

Over 40% funded... if you have been considering backing the project, please jump on board :) Its time to give these artists the recognition they deserve for some of the great work they did!

If anyone has questions, or suggestions for the film, please post below!

If you have a favorite piece of art from a game or game box cover - maybe a comic related game - that you're hoping to find a little out about, please post also, thx!

Big thank you to everyone who helped us meet our base goal with three days to go! Last opportunity to get your items at kickstarter prices! Let's meet those stretch goals too! 35k is where the bonus content starts to really get interesting!