• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,136 posts in this topic

Just got this in the mail today. I love this cover. yay.gif

Star Spangled War Stories 144 - Kubert and Adams art. Dated 4-5/1969, but that is close enough to "Bronze" for me.

783193-ssws144.jpg

783193-ssws144.jpg.a1beb214572d6a1b2a42ea78aad86d23.jpg

Edited by Weird

Got this in the mail this weekend from a forum member's ebay auctions. I love all the WWII personalities Kubert got into this one. One of the cooler covers of the run and it only has the arm of US on it!

Star Spangled War Stories 156:

820659-ssws156.jpg

820659-ssws156.jpg.ac4d5efa8965e40aac3740fd7bd4740d.jpg

Edited by Weird

I gotta admit this one surprised me - $465. I figured maybe double the average for a 9.6 at most (which would have been $300 or so). It doesn't show up in the census as yet (no 9.8s currently).

15062001210o.jpg

I sold my 9.6 on eBay for $193.61 and I know that banner got around $250 for his. I was sure that it was on eBay as well but for some reason, it's not listed in the GPA.

Still a strong price for a book that isn't that scarce! crazy.gif

I sold my 9.6 on eBay for $193.61 and I know that banner got around $250 for his. I was sure that it was on eBay as well but for some reason, it's not listed in the GPA.

I wasn't aware of drbanner's sale. Was it in the last year?

And no, the book doesn't seem to be scare in general, but I still cannot find a raw NM for myself. Christo_pull_hair.gif

And no, the book doesn't seem to be scare in general, but I still cannot find a raw NM for myself. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yes, it was within a year of my sale which happened in November of last year. poke2.gif

Yes, it was within a year of my sale which happened in November of last year. poke2.gif

Maybe I'll buy Chuck's "Near Mint" one for $24 plus the PHILLY discount..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifinsane.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Looks familiar....

Incremental shiller!!! Stick to hoarding Bats 227 and lay off the DC war books!!! poke2.gif

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif I have learned my lesson and will stick to my side of the fence!

....for now. devil.gif

Incremental shiller!!! Stick to hoarding Bats 227 and lay off the DC war books!!! poke2.gif

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif I have learned my lesson and will stick to my side of the fence!

....for now. devil.gif

It WAS such a high dollar book ....

He then graciously let me win some restored Weird Wars...

JK. Andy felt really bad about his mambly pambly bidding and went above and beyond to make up for it. He's a good egg thumbsup2.gif

Just got this in the mail today. I love this cover. yay.gif

Star Spangled War Stories 144 - Kubert and Adams art. Dated 4-5/1969, but that is close enough to "Bronze" for me.

783193-ssws144.jpg

Enemy Ace thumbsup2.gifcloud9.gif

....for now. devil.gif

It WAS such a high dollar book ....

He then graciously let me win some restored Weird Wars...

27_laughing.gif

Did those turn out to be restored/trimmed? 893whatthe.gif The Bats 244 went out a few days ago for a refund....

JK. Andy felt really bad about his mambly pambly bidding and went above and beyond to make up for it. He's a good egg thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. acclaim.gif

....don't knock mambly pambly bidding, high proxy bids can get you into trouble! poke2.gif