• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAGNIFICENT SEVEN 2016

41 posts in this topic

Just what I posted earlier today.

Sony Pictures Entertainment has released the first trailer for their upcoming The Magnificent Seven. The Magnificent Seven stars Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Vincent D'Onofrio, Matt Bomer, Ethan Hawke, Peter Sarsgaard, Haley Bennett and Cam Gigandet.

The Magnificent Seven is set for release September 23, 2016.

That is a lot of star power!

:whee:

Eh - cast coud have used 1-2 more heavy hitters.

Love the Pratt / Denzel / Ethan Hawke combo, but would have liked to see a few more A or A- players, of the Matt Damon / Colin Farrell / Kevin Costner / Christian Bale / Tom Cruise variety (noting that the latter two were actually considered for this film).

And all of the above, save Cruise, already have at least one western under their belt.

How's about remaking of Seven Samurai? :grin:

I don't know if you're being serious or not but...

...some movies should never have a remake.

When I saw the trailer for this movie I already said "nope". I honestly hope it is successful but it's just not for me. I'll stick to the old school.

The 1960 version was excellent. Sure there were flaws because of the filming limitations in that era but overall it was well done.

The film was taken from a Japanese film of the same idea so really that version was a remake also.

I don't put out much hope about the new remake as Hollywood movies tend to go over-the-top in their delivery. They feel the need to deliver things that couldn't possibly have happened in that era because they don't believe people will see it otherwise. 3:10 to Yuma is a good example. A basic film that had a lot of suspense and character ruined by bullet-ridden affair in the more recent version.

It resembles more like Unforgiven I think it has a chance.

Hmm, when I see a movie with Denzel, Pratt, and Hawke; it could be an instructional movie about assembling a stool and I'd still be interested. A Western instead? You peeps done lost your mind. Looks like fun to me. /boggle

Does look like they've assembled a stool just one you wouldn't want to sit on

The 1960 version was excellent. Sure there were flaws because of the filming limitations in that era but overall it was well done.

The film was taken from a Japanese film of the same idea so really that version was a remake also.

I don't put out much hope about the new remake as Hollywood movies tend to go over-the-top in their delivery. They feel the need to deliver things that couldn't possibly have happened in that era because they don't believe people will see it otherwise. 3:10 to Yuma is a good example. A basic film that had a lot of suspense and character ruined by bullet-ridden affair in the more recent version.

I disagree here - I thought both the modern remakes of 3:10 to Yuma and True Grit were superior to the originals.

_Maybe_ the cinematography in the original 3:10 to Yuma was better, but in terms of acting, pacing and story, I found the new one to be far superior.

Not saying this film will come close to the original Magnificent Seven (again, as I said -- it needs just a bit more acting firepower to even come close) but it could still make for a fun Saturday afternoon.