• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
18 18

2,250 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Yes we know how rrp works, but it was printed after the initial printing.  Which makes it a later printing.  I guess it is just context on what you consider a first "print".  Similar to the store variants that come out now, which are released after the initial first printing is released.

Printing means printing. Distribution means distribution. Two different things.

11 hours ago, jreezy said:

Wolverine #1 jsc cover ended today for $4200. Hm 

I saw that too.  A strong sale, although about $300 below the all time GPA high of $4500 (although, granted, when that sale happened it was about $1k over the prior GPA high).  Didn't you sell yours? :baiting:

I also saw an X 23 1 Dell'otto sell for $1800 a couple days ago, which is a high for that book.

-J.

10 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I saw that too.  A strong sale, although about $300 below the all time GPA high of $4500 (although, granted, when that sale happened it was about $1k over the prior GPA high).  Didn't you sell yours? :baiting:

I also saw an X 23 1 Dell'otto sell for $1800 a couple days ago, which is a high for that book.

-J.

I thought that $4200 sale was a gpa high! Interesting . 

I sold my copy for around 3k thinking it was a good deal. Lol

11 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

When i read these threads and the prices of these books, there is no mystery in my mind why the cycle of boom and bust continues in our economy.

By and large these books are being bought up by people who have no business spending money like this.

Many of these buyers will be living in their car or perhaps a cardboard box (if the car was financed) when the next bust hits. 

lol 

7 minutes ago, jreezy said:

I thought that $4200 sale was a gpa high! Interesting . 

I sold my copy for around 3k thinking it was a good deal. Lol

Depending on when you sold it most likely was at the time.  I have always thought that is Campbell's best cover, and I expect it to always be his top 1 or 2 highest value books because of that.  Plus, that book in blue 9.8 grade doesn't often come to market.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

13 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

When i read these threads and the prices of these books, there is no mystery in my mind why the cycle of boom and bust continues in our economy.

By and large these books are being bought up by people who have no business spending money like this.

Many of these buyers will be living in their car or perhaps a cardboard box (if the car was financed) when the next bust hits. 

What insight do you have as to the buyers of these books?

On 9/11/2018 at 9:17 PM, NP_Gresham said:

Tell us how you really feel . . . :grin:

(It'll be an acid-free cardboard box, though) lol

3 minutes ago, divad said:

Tell us how you really feel . . . :grin:

(It'll be an acid-free cardboard box, though) lol

I am still trying to wrap my head around around why I paid with my taxes for the last bailout.

I was literally the last homeowner standing in my neighborhood after the previous 'crisis'. Never saw so many "bank-owned' properties in my life.  Never saw so many abandoned new boats either.

If I did not hang through, perhaps I would have a new house and a lot more money to spend on funny books and that new boat i never thought i could afford:idea:

1 hour ago, NamesJay said:

I think I had it at #4 on the last update but it would be first or second now. That was definitely a blockbuster sale.  

-J.

9 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

I am still trying to wrap my head around around why I paid with my taxes for the last bailout.

I was literally the last homeowner standing in my neighborhood after the previous 'crisis'. Never saw so many "bank-owned' properties in my life.  Never saw so many abandoned new boats either.

If I did not hang through, perhaps I would have a new house and a lot more money to spend on funny books and that new boat i never thought i could afford:idea:

If you are referring to the bail out of the auto companies, those loans were repaid with full interest ahead of time. The American taxpayer made a handsome profit on them.

20 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

:gossip: The firesale prices i bought the "hot books" at during the last crisis.

ASM #300 9.8 under $600, etc

LOL, how is that in any way indicative of anything?

What year are you talking, 2009?

Edited by ygogolak

On 9/13/2018 at 7:52 AM, FlyingDonut said:

If you are referring to the bail out of the auto companies, those loans were repaid with full interest ahead of time. The American taxpayer made a handsome profit on them.

Uh, I must've missed that check . . . :grin:

Oh, and btw, he's referring to the bank bailout, and AIG, of course. :sick:

Edited by divad