• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Looks like we finally got a legit auction price from a Joe that will need a bailout soon :roflmao:

Spawn #185 B&W Variant $4,350 raw

13 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

That auction was also shilled.

-J.

I see the bidder who cancelled their bid. 1 feedback, so probably a fake account. But that was 3 days before the bidding ended.

Edit: I see now, it wasn't cancelled until and hour before bidding ended.

Edited by ygogolak

On 1/17/2019 at 10:20 PM, devald said:

will be curious to see where this ends up. been a while since a straight up auction

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-608-CGC-9-8-Jim-Lee-Retailer-Incentive-Edition-RRP-Variant-Hush-Joker-/283339976460

Landed at what seems to be the average since 2016, $4k.

Interesting that someone paid $1,400 for an ASM Presents Black Cat #1 9.8 when there is another one sitting online for $1,230.

And finally, $2k for a Wolverine #310 Platt Sketch Variant 9.8.

Edited by ygogolak

51 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yikes, 16 month low.
Batman 608 RRP CGC 9.8 $3,800

Auction ended at midnight, but was still oddly low.

Another sold for $5k a couple weeks earlier.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-608-CGC-9-8-Jim-Lee-Retailer-Incentive-Edition-RRP-Variant-Hush-Joker/143117044346?hash=item215270ca7a:g:XzsAAOSwWotbsYFB

-J.

Just now, ygogolak said:

Not sure what to tell you. If you start it earlier the people on the west coast aren't out of work.

Ebay sellers are who are cognizant about auction end times and know what they're doing usually have them ending between 9pm-10Pm EST (which is 6pm-7pm PST). 

Not midnight.

That is not even debatable.  (Though I'm sure you will try to anyway ¬¬ )

-J.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Ebay sellers are who are cognizant about auction end times and know what they're doing usually have them ending between 9pm-10Pm EST (which is 6pm-7pm PST). 

Not midnight.

That is not even debatable.  (Though I'm sure you will try to anyway ¬¬ )

-J.

Yes, I start my auctions at 7 PST. But two hours did not make a difference on a book like this. If it was something odd like 4 AM or noon, you might possibly have a case. But still probably not.

5 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, I start my auctions at 7 PST. But two hours did not make a difference on a book like this. If it was something odd like 4 AM or noon, you might possibly have a case. But still probably not.

For people who don't stay up until midnight to snipe auctions, it made a difference.

But if you choose to believe that a "16-month low" following a 10 month high for the same book in a less than two week period had noting to do with an idiotic auction end time, be my guest. (thumbsu

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Auction ended at midnight, but was still oddly low.

Another sold for $5k a couple weeks earlier.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-608-CGC-9-8-Jim-Lee-Retailer-Incentive-Edition-RRP-Variant-Hush-Joker/143117044346?hash=item215270ca7a:g:XzsAAOSwWotbsYFB

-J.

So this one was mine and it did not sell at that amount. I leveraged the best offer function through ebay's messaging system. For whatever reason watchcount did not pick up the actual sold price through that feature. I've noticed this on other smaller books sold this way as well.

I wonder if GPA and other sales aggregators mischaracterize realized prices when done thru ebay's best offer feature within messages.

I sold my signed one recently for $4,500. I think the current value of the book in 9.8 is around $4k. It definitely has dropped since it's high of a year or two ago. It took longer to sell than I thought it would. Luckily, I made a good profit on it based on how much I paid for it + costs to get signed/pressed/graded. On to purchasing other investments.

Guys I've been putting together an extended update for this list.  But it will take quite a bit of time to put it all together and post.  

Please "react" to this post in some manner if you would like me to update it.

At least 5 reactions, and I'll go ahead and do it.  

Thanks !

-J.