• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
18 18

2,250 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Because as I explained, the physical info was provided in confidence,  by a well connected diamond account holder, though all it did was confirm what was thought to have been the case with regards to the book's numbers. 

-J.

ergo . . . BS

4 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Because as I explained, the physical info was provided in confidence,  by a well connected diamond account holder, though all it did was confirm what was thought to have been the case with regards to the book's numbers. 

-J.

That was years ago and irrelevant at this point. It could have came from anybody and if they aren't in good standing with Diamond by now, they never will be.

5 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
10 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

-J.

That was years ago and irrelevant at this point. It could have came from anybody and if they aren't in good standing with Diamond by now, they never will be.

Could you at least ask them if you can divulge or if it's been long enough? You can't really tell us if you ask because to respect their decision if the answer is "no." But it's worth a shot? :wishluck: 

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Could you at least ask them if you can divulge or if it's been long enough? You can't really tell us if you ask because to respect their decision if the answer is "no." But it's worth a shot? :wishluck: 

no, that would defeat the whole purpose of the shill.

14 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

They are also still an active participant on these boards.  If he felt comfortable releasing it publicly here I have no doubt he would have by now.  But if he could get the info, that means others can too. But instead they choose to whine instead.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

5 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

They are also still an active participant on these boards.  If he felt comfortable releasing it publicly here I have no doubt he would have by now.  But if he could get the info, that means others can too. But instead they choose to whine instead.  

-J.

Why can't you just get the info? I would think if it was readily available somebody else would have gotten it by now.

32 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Why can't you just get the info? I would think if it was readily available somebody else would have gotten it by now.

I'm not a diamond account holder.  But there are other people on here who are, other than this guy (or at least they claim to be).  The individual who provided me the info saw the original ASM 667 thread, saw some of the things that were being said and decided to investigate for himself.  My own investigations were limited to public record.   He reached out to some contacts at diamond and got the info.  Since this info is not supposed to be public (as we are constantly being told by certain boardies through their multiple sock puppet accounts), I was asked not to publicize it, lest it be traced back to either him, or his source. I gave my word, and I will keep it until/unless he says I can post it myself or he posts it himself.  

-J.

13 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I'm not a diamond account holder.  But there are other people on here who are, other than this guy (or at least they claim to be).  The individual who provided me the info saw the original ASM 667 thread, saw some of the things that were being said and decided to investigate for himself.  My own investigations were limited to public record.   He reached out to some contacts at diamond and got the info.  Since this info is not supposed to be public (as we are constantly being told by certain boardies through their multiple sock puppet accounts), I was asked not to publicize it, lest it be traced back to either him, or his source. I gave my word, and I will keep it until/unless he says I can post it myself or he posts it himself.  

-J.

OK, question though, why do you care so much about someone that obviously doesn't care about you? You've been getting trounced for years on here for this claim and yet this other boardie won't step up in any manner?

Just now, ygogolak said:

OK, question though, why do you care so much about someone that obviously doesn't care about you? You've been getting trounced for years on here for this claim and yet this other boardie won't step up in any manner?

I'm a big boy and I anticipated the response.  There's nothing that goes on here that hurts my feelings or ruins my day.

And frankly, even if I did post it, these same people and their sock puppet accounts would either say it was fake or that I forged it, so what's the point.  But even had I not seen the invoice, after 8+ years and still only ~40 unique copies on the census, my original estimate of ~200 copies based on public data, would have still held up.

-J.

26 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I'm a big boy and I anticipated the response.  There's nothing that goes on here that hurts my feelings or ruins my day.

And frankly, even if I did post it, these same people and their sock puppet accounts would either say it was fake or that I forged it, so what's the point.  But even had I not seen the invoice, after 8+ years and still only ~40 unique copies on the census, my original estimate of ~200 copies based on public data, would have still held up.

-J.

. . . just found short box of them (so your original "estimate" still holds!) :flipbait:

22 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Oh look the other sock puppet account just got dusted off.  I can complete my bingo card now.  :banana:

-J.

Someone as enlightened as you should be able to discern that the accounts belong to different people based simply on the writing style, vocabulary, and post structure. 

11 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Supergirl has taken a big dive over the past year. Most likely because of the number of graded copies doubling over the past couple of years. I can't imagine that staying on the list unless skewed data from signed copies is still being used as was previously.

No, it's because the group of individuals that pushed that book for years collapsed in on itself like a dying star.

7 pages of this argument derailing yet another  thread ..  why can't you guys just make a thread dedicated to the semantics of theoretical print/ distribution and argue there for eternity ..     

I guess clicking on the thread would be like crossing the event horizon 

Edited by MGH

5 hours ago, darkstar said:

No, it's because the group of individuals that pushed that book for years collapsed in on itself like a dying star.

So this is what a crashed book looks like?:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=supergirl+23+hughes+cgc+9.8&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

$800+ or whatever for a modern seems pretty good to me

$560+ raw:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supergirl-and-the-Legion-of-Super-Heroes-23-Hughes-Variant-NM-Rare-AMAZING/163792933770?hash=item2622d1d38a:g:fKsAAOSw-hVdO44y

Was it really much more than this before? (I'm asking)

55 minutes ago, MGH said:

7 pages of this argument derailing yet another  thread ..  why can't you guys just make a thread dedicated to the semantics of theoretical print/ distribution and argue there for eternity ..     

I guess clicking on the thread would be like crossing the event horizon 

I did.

The reality is, THIS thread doesn't get updated too much, because there really isn't that much movement on these books.

PS. In the normal course of things, Diamond neither knows nor cares what the publishers print. So long as they can fulfill orders, what the publishers print is none of their concern. The publisher decides what to print...not Diamond.

So, the whole "I got the super secret whistleblower info from Diamond!" doesn't really matter. The information...which, incredibly conveniently, cannot be shared, because:reasons...might only refer to what Diamond need to fulfill orders.

On 10/24/2019 at 9:33 AM, ygogolak said:

Supergirl has taken a big dive over the past year. Most likely because of the number of graded copies doubling over the past couple of years. I can't imagine that staying on the list unless skewed data from signed copies is still being used as was previously.

12 hours ago, darkstar said:

October 17, 2017 there were 75 9.8s on the census. There are 128 9.8s on the census as of October 8, 2019.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/64551

Market price is subject to supply and demand numbers.

I have provided factual data to my assumption, please do the same for yours.