• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Even you can't be stupid enough to actually believe that multiple people who've met and are known to many other board members are really the same, single person. You are simply lying in a pathetic attempt to discredit those who are smarter and more knowledgeable than you.

Beat it troll.

-J.

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

:gossip: If the publisher can tell the printer to under-print, they can also tell them to over-print. You specifically said they cannot and yet I've provided a current example in which they did.

No.  According to the Brokerage Agreement, Marvel is contractually obligated to release the entirety of the print runs to Diamond. 

-J.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

No.  According to the Brokerage Agreement, Marvel is contractually obligated to release the entirety of the print runs to Diamond. 

-J.

So not only have you seen the print numbers for ASM but you have also seen Marvel's contract with Diamond?
Can you get ahold of BOOM's? They are under-printing and over-shipping (over-printing) regularly contrary to Diamond.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09/12/once-future-2-third-printing-massive-overship/

Just now, Lazyboy said:

Shut up, liar.

Projection much RMA ?  Sorry calling in your partner in crime Gower didn't work out for you this time. He was humiliated by, you know, actual press releases that contradicted the central premise to his conspiracy theories.  Lol. 

-J.

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

Projection much RMA ?  Sorry calling in your partner in crime Gower didn't work out for you this time. He was humiliated by, you know, actual press releases that contradicted the central premise to his conspiracy theories.  Lol. 

-J.

Shut up, liar.

Just a couple points from the last few pages a/k/a today's posts!

The case pack equivalency to sales totals argument is really doubly flawed.  Comichon numbers aren't exact sales numbers they're estimated sales of comics shipped to comic shops, there is no need for numbers to match up to prove/disprove anything.....and more importantly if what Chuck proposed "number of case packs times cases should equal print run/sales estimates" were true, wouldn't the partial and unopened case packs be where the variant overstock/sell offs come from?  

Also the SOO's newsstand returns aren't "copies they printed that they didn't need", they were on display (presumably) and returned/destroyed (presumably) when they didn't sell.

The Marvel/Diamond "company speak" point is a good one, no employee representative will speak truth about a business model that creates and perpetuates the perception of rarity.  Calling back the exposure of shenanigans w/Star Wars variants proves that as does the Scottie Young variant sell off, which was similar to the Star Wars thing probably on a smaller scale since there weren't any high ratio sucker books.

I'm assuming Hachette Distribution only impacted the newsstand floppy market from 2010 until 2013 when Marvel stopped printing newsstand editions.  I don't think it's relevant to ratio variant distribution.  I'd be interested in reading more about any non-LCS floppy distribution of Marvel comics worldwide since 2014.

:popcorn:

The only consiistent thing in these discussions is how much farther away from common ground both sides of the argument move.  :D 

Also as people start with italics, CAPS, bold type and underlining points....would it kill you guys to actually type the word "harrumph" or "pffft" when making or disputing points?

Also, IBTL :shy:

14 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

So not only have you seen the print numbers for ASM but you have also seen Marvel's contract with Diamond?
Can you get ahold of BOOM's? They are under-printing and over-shipping (over-printing) regularly contrary to Diamond.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09/12/once-future-2-third-printing-massive-overship/

The print numbers for ASM are reported on comichron +3%. Yes, I've seen that.  And I already stated where I got my info from.  Scroll back a bit. Sorry, I didn't talk to the rep for Boom, and I doubt that Diamond has identical agreements with every publisher.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

11 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

The print numbers for ASM are reported on comichron +3%. Yes, I've seen that.  And I already stated where I got my info from.  Scroll back a bit. Sorry, I didn't talk to the rep for Boom.

-J.

When you hold a monopoly you don't make different deals for different people. Especially better terms for a much smaller client (BOOM).

9 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

When you hold a monopoly you don't make different deals for different people. Especially better terms for a much smaller client (BOOM).

That would be speculation.  I will say that different publishers appear to have different reps over there (DC has their own guy too, for example).  And the needs of a publisher with 0.5% market share versus one with 45% market share would be quite different I would imagine. 

And with regard to your link, it is one thing for Boom to print over orders for the purposes of distributing them to retailers as a "thank you" versus over printing books in mass quantities no one ordered "just because they can" and having them sit around in warehouses waiting to be sold at pennies on the dollar at some unknown future date.

I will also note that nothing in that article indicated that Diamond did not still receive the full print run from this single incident (and again, the books were still distributed by them).

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Link?

No?

Beat it troll.

-J.

JJM explicitly states what the estimates on Comichron mean. There is no way that 3% of those estimates can cover international distribution, standard overages, and any other part of the print run for which those numbers were never meant to account.

Quit lying while you still can.

8 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

JJM explicitly states what the estimates on Comichron mean. There is no way that 3% of those estimates can cover international distribution, standard overages, and any other part of the print run for which those numbers were never meant to account.

These are your OPINIONS, and your OPINIONS are irrelevant.  

(Also, nobody said that.  The bolded part. Misrepresenting what someone has said is the mark of a charlatan.)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

5 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:
11 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

These are your OPINIONS, and your OPINIONS are irrelevant.  

(Also, nobody said that.  The bolded part. Misrepresenting what someone has said is the mark of a charlatan.)

-J.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

The print numbers for ASM are reported on comichron +3%.

It's right there. You said the print numbers are reported on Comichron. They are not. You said the print numbers are reported on comichron +3%. That would mean that 3% would have to cover everything that the Comichron numbers do not.

You may have misrepresented something in your post (intentionally or not), but I misrepresented nothing.

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

The print numbers for ASM are reported on comichron +3%.

It's right there. You said the print numbers are reported on Comichron. They are not. You said the print numbers are reported on comichron +3%. That would mean that 3% would have to cover everything that the Comichron numbers do not.

You may have misrepresented something in your post (intentionally or not), but I misrepresented nothing.

Comichron says that the UK often adds 10% by itself: https://comichron.com/faq/directmarketsalesdata.html

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

No.  That's not what I said, nor did I discuss the international market with the Diamond rep.

Try again.

-J.