• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
18 18

2,250 posts in this topic

Just now, valiantman said:

Because your argument can be used for this, too.

Is there less than 1 case of Kirby Genesis #3 Ross sketch variant?

image.thumb.png.ddcc58e1cb41214b71f858a1cd57e5ba.png

I don't know, I haven't researched that obscure book, but maybe. 

And you still haven't answered the question.

If there were 225 copies per case pack of the regular issue and the Hans variant, why would Diamond send out INDIVIDUAL (1) copy(ies) of the Dell'otto if there were "400-600" printed, rather than 2 or 3 case packs ?

-J.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

I haven't researched the circumstances surrounding that book. It may also be rare. Let's stay on point. (Although I do find it telling that you would post this, rather than the more comparable ASM 678 VenoMJ or 688 Lizard Campbell.)

If there were 225 copies per case pack of the regular issue and the Hans variant, why would Diamond send out INDIVIDUAL (1) copy(ies) of the Dell'otto if there were "400-600" printed, rather than 2 or 3 case packs ?

-J.

Are the screenshots valiantman is posting your evidence of the one case pack, or do you have something different?

I believe these are the conclusions of the last few dozen pages of this thread:

1. One cannot determine the number of ratio variants printed of any book.

2. ASM #667 Dell'Otto is a rare book.

3. One cannot say how rare ASM #667 is (see #1), unless new, hard evidence comes to light.

Just now, bababooey said:

So there was no super secret invoice showing one case pack, you just misread the solicit.  lol

I didn't say that.  Right now I'm just working with what valiantman has posted.  And yeah, it also supports the ~225 print run lol.

-J.

I don't know, I haven't researched that obscure book, but maybe. 

And you still haven't answered the question.

-J.

Is it possible that ASM #667 Dell'Otto has a thicker cover than ASM #667 regular?  If so, they couldn't exactly tell you how many copies are in a case.  They don't use 225 unless it's exactly 225.  When they know it's exactly 130 (thicker book), they use 130.  When they don't get that information sent to them, my guess is that they use "1".  In other words, "Case Pack: 1" means "we don't know, so these are the dimensions for one copy".

wouldn't you need to find another ratio variant offered in the same manner (after FOC) to see if it received the same "case pack: 1" treatment. the screenshots are of an ordering system at the end of the day. Using 1 could be a default value used by whoever setup the item in the catalog so that end users can access/order it. doesnt provide indication of qty produced. 

seeing the asm648 with 130 doesnt really tell me anything except that if i ordered 13000 copies of coverA and I ordered 130 copies of the campbell they'd send me one case of variants.

for 667, I read it as I order 300 copies of coverA I get 1 full case of 225, a partial box filled with 75 copies and paper to cushion it. and then I'd have 3 separate boxes with just 1 dellotto. 5 boxes from diamond

]Is it possible that ASM #667 Dell'Otto has a thicker cover than ASM #667 regular?  If so, they couldn't exactly tell you how many copies are in a case.  They don't use 225 unless it's exactly 225.  When they know it's exactly 130 (thicker book), they use 130.  When they don't get that information sent to them, my guess is that they use "1".  In other words, "Case Pack: 1" means "we don't know, so these are the dimensions for one copy".

No, the cover stock of the dell'otto is exactly the same as the other two covers from the issue.  

And your argument further falls apart when we look at the solicit for the Campbell colour variant for 648.  Equal quantities for the book in the case pack, whether it is the regular cover or the variant.  

If anything, it is what, Chuck said, and that Diamond codes it that way when quantities of less than one standard case pack for an issue is ordered.  

-J.

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

No, the cover stock of the dell'otto is exactly the same as the other two covers from the issue.  

And your argument further falls apart when we look at the solicit for the Campbell colour variant for 648.  Equal quantities for the book in the case pack, whether it is the regular cover or the variant.  

If anything, it is what, Chuck said, and that Diamond codes it that way when quantities of less than one standard case pack for an issue is ordered.  

-J.

I literally search the first number "1001" and got a match to "Case Pack: 1" for a 1:25 variant.

image.thumb.png.0e1b1b766465093803be686b9859943b.png

You really think that this book, randomly found because I put in "1001" with "Case Pack: 1" is basically as rare as ASM #667 Dell'Otto?  Because it's pretty obvious that they use "Case Pack: 1" when they aren't sending the books in cases.  It has NOTHING to do with how many are ordered.  This is entered BEFORE there are any orders.

How about this one?

image.png.150321f3a4c3a77abd12ba3410cb6397.png

Another book with fewer than 225 printed? :foryou:  Can we get it added to the first page in this topic?  My family wants to go to Disney in the spring and I have ... a few ... of this one. lol

(You think it's hard to get retailers to order 100 copies of Amazing Spider-Man with an extra week of time?  Try getting them to order 100 copies of Unity #3 at the last minute.) :kidaround:

Edited by valiantman

2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I literally search the first number "1001" and got a match to "Case Pack: 1" for a 1:25 variant.

image.thumb.png.0e1b1b766465093803be686b9859943b.png

You really think that this book, randomly found because I put in "1001" with "Case Pack: 1" is basically as rare as ASM #667 Dell'Otto?  Because it's pretty obvious that they use "Case Pack: 1" when they aren't sending the books in cases.  It has NOTHING to do with how many are ordered.  This is entered BEFORE there are any orders.

I don't know ANYTHING about this obscure book. It may be extremely rare too, I DON'T KNOW.

I am using an apples to apples comparison, ASM 648 colour Campbell, similar print runs, same title, 1:100.  Just comparing the two solicits, the 667 is an outlier even there.  There were NOT 600 or even 400 copies of this book.  If it were, it would say "225" like the other covers of that issue instead of "1". The "1" tells you something different happened with the 667, and that is likely because there were less than even 225 ordered.  

-J.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

The "1" tells you something different happened with the 667, and that is likely because there were less than even 225 ordered.  

-J.

Just following your logic here...

Since Valiant sells 1% of Marvel, and since you say there are less than 225 ASM #667 Dell'Otto, then it's safe to say that there are only 2 copies in the WORLD for this book.

image.png.d62a82b9cb7e99e8a42307dfc47effe3.png

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

How about this one?

image.png.150321f3a4c3a77abd12ba3410cb6397.png

Another book with fewer than 225 printed? :foryou:  Can we get it added to the first page in this topic?  My family wants to go to Disney in the spring and I have ... a few ... of this one. lol

(You think it's hard to get retailers to order 100 copies of Amazing Spider-Man with an extra week of time?  Try getting them to order 100 copies of Unity #3 at the last minute.) :kidaround:

Lol Literally the only thing you're doing is showing that there have been other books in the history of Diamond that had less than full issue case packs ordered. 

And rarity alone does not automatically equate value.  You of all people should know that. 

-J.

Just following your logic here...

Since Valiant sells 1% of Marvel, and since you say there are less than 225 ASM #667 Dell'Otto, then it's safe to say that there are only 2 copies in the WORLD for this book.

image.png.d62a82b9cb7e99e8a42307dfc47effe3.png

I don't know why it bothers you so much that the 667 is so insanely rare.  Given your love of rare valiant and (not so) rare barcode books, I would think that you would be someone most actively marveling (no pun intended) at such an unusual outlier in such a major title instead. 

-J.

I don't know why it bothers you so much that the 667 is so insanely rare.  Given your love of rare valiant and (not so) rare barcode books, I would think that you would be someone most actively marveling (no pun intended) at such an unusual outlier in such a major title instead. 

-J.

Because I care about facts more than hyping rare books with imaginary print runs.  I realize this is the WRONG topic for me... nevertheless, I persisted.

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

I'm showing that "Case Pack: 1" does NOT mean less than 225 copies were printed.  It means Diamond will be shipping the books separately.  That's all it means.

And you still haven't answered why they would "individually" ship 400-600 copies, rather than 2-3 case packs as they did for the 648 Campbell colour (no, the Dell'otto was not thicker).

-J.

15 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Another $10,000 ... each?  $40,000?

image.png.600ddd2553dcdb716c0228d27b59c054.png

Rarity does not automatically guarantee demand.  (thumbsu Put these same numbers in the ASM run though?   Now you've got something.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Not even a "Case Pack" for this one... all we have is the dimensions that could only possibly hold one copy.

image.thumb.png.65b0c41eed866ed4f255b278b69c2351.png

Who's the lucky collector with the only copy in the world:baiting:

Darn; I just sold this one a couple months ago.