• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:
7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I'm showing that "Case Pack: 1" does NOT mean less than 225 copies were printed.  It means Diamond will be shipping the books separately.  That's all it means.

And you still haven't answered why they would "individually" ship 400-600 copies, rather than 2-3 case packs as they did for the 648 Campbell colour (no, the Dell'otto was not thicker).

-J.

Ask your "Diamond rep".   Also, see if he'll tell you who got this one-of-a-kind book (no cases mentioned, just a single copy):

image.thumb.png.6a83c5624353b7158cea86899f1b542e.png

5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Ask your "Diamond rep".   Also, see if he'll tell you who got this one-of-a-kind book (no cases mentioned, just a single copy):

image.thumb.png.6a83c5624353b7158cea86899f1b542e.png

So this solicit didn't specify how many issues of this book came in a case pack?  

And?

That is an example of "no information".  Which is different than the information we do have of the various covers of the 667.

How about apples to apples, let's see the ones for the ASM 678 VenoMJ and 688 Campbell Lizard.   I have no doubt you've already looked at them and have chosen not to post them because it undermines the point you think you're making.  

And you still haven't answered the question 

If there were 225 copies per case pack of the regular issue and the Hans variant of 667, why would Diamond send out INDIVIDUAL (1) copy(ies) of the Dell'otto if there were "400-600" printed, rather than 2 or 3 case packs ?

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

27 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Just following your logic here...

Since Valiant sells 1% of Marvel, and since you say there are less than 225 ASM #667 Dell'Otto, then it's safe to say that there are only 2 copies in the WORLD for this book.

image.png.d62a82b9cb7e99e8a42307dfc47effe3.png

Do any of the listings for Imperium variants look like this?

10 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

How about apples to apples, let's see the ones for the ASM 678 VenoMJ and 688 Campbell Lizard.   I have no doubt you've already looked at them and have chosen not to post them because it undermines the point you think you're making.  

And you still haven't answered the question 

If there were 225 copies per case pack of the regular issue and the Hans variant of 667, why would Diamond send out INDIVIDUAL (1) copy(ies) of the Dell'otto if there were "400-600" printed, rather than 2 or 3 case packs ?

-J.

Does this work for apples-to-apples?

image.png.643fb84d35da0f810b9cb2afb5c4e56d.png

Case Pack: 1 and a discount when purchasing 1,000 or more.  

I'm going to GUESS that there's more than 200 copies of these books in the world... but this is ASM #666 and you wanted something comparable to ASM #667. Oh, wait.  It's everything that proves you wrong in one screen shot.  **CGC board mic drop**

10 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Does this work for apples-to-apples?

image.png.643fb84d35da0f810b9cb2afb5c4e56d.png

Case Pack: 1 and a discount when purchasing 1,000 or more.  

I'm going to GUESS that there's more than 200 copies of these books in the world... but this is ASM #666 and you wanted something comparable to ASM #667. Oh, wait.  It's everything that proves you wrong in one screen shot.  **CGC board mic drop**

Pick up the mic, because NO that isn't apples to apples, that was a store exclusive. 

Where's ASM 678 VenoMJ and 688 Campbell Lizard?

And you're STILL not answering the question

If there were 225 copies per case pack of the regular issue and the Hans variant of the 667, why would Diamond send out INDIVIDUAL (1) copy(ies) of the Dell'otto if there were "400-600" printed, rather than 2 or 3 case packs ?

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Everyone paying attention?  Good.

PLENTY of ASM #678 Venom and ASM #688 Campbell.  They came in cases of 225.

image.png.94dd1dd01a942918490c4e15c9a1c9c0.png

image.png.b2243a3b9619798b4fe4d20c78f66d7c.png

But ASM #667 Dell'Otto was "less than 225 copies" according to @Jaydogrules "Case Pack: 1"

image.png.20ecd40dd9975487459da6833499263c.png

...and so were ASM #639 and ASM #640 Quesada Sketch... Case Pack: 1

image.png.c0c2fbc62083088b0cd7531a5ff3aa14.png

image.png.be5eae8132dcd239ca0e955d7f9b247c.png

BUT NOT ASM #638 Quesada Sketch.  Those were 160 per case.

image.png.bace9b4c5c274e77c1b4fe898ac2f3fa.png

So, we can safely conclude that ASM #639 and ASM #640 had FEWER THAN 160 COPIES PRINTED because that's what Case Pack 1 means and we see that those were cases of 160 copies.  It can't have any other interpretation, right @Jaydogrules ?

7 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

I didn't say that.  Right now I'm just working with what valiantman has posted.  And yeah, it also supports the ~225 print run lol.

-J.

OK let me assist you, below I've linked you to what you said on Jan 28, 2018.  You claimed to have seen the shipping invoice showing one case pack of the ASM 667, the question I and others have asked is: Was that "invoice" just your misreading of the solicit from Diamond that we're discussing in this thread?

Edited by bababooey

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Less than 225 of these in the world?  @Jaydogrules says there's no other possible conclusion:

image.png.c77d25f03ad1e847ecc726a3b13081c5.png

Could be.  You're getting closer. 

And I will note that there are aonly 52 of that on the census, (7 more than the official count of the 667 Dell'otto, though that number is artificially high with resubs and sigs),.and the most that book has ever sold for was $300 in 2014.

Rarity does not automatically guarantee demand.  

-J.

8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Everyone paying attention?  Good.

PLENTY of ASM #678 Venom and ASM #688 Campbell.  They came in cases of 225.

image.png.94dd1dd01a942918490c4e15c9a1c9c0.png

image.png.b2243a3b9619798b4fe4d20c78f66d7c.png

But ASM #667 Dell'Otto was "less than 225 copies" according to @Jaydogrules "Case Pack: 1"

image.png.20ecd40dd9975487459da6833499263c.png

...and so were ASM #639 and ASM #640 Quesada Sketch... Case Pack: 1

image.png.c0c2fbc62083088b0cd7531a5ff3aa14.png

image.png.be5eae8132dcd239ca0e955d7f9b247c.png

BUT NOT ASM #638 Quesada Sketch.  Those were 160 per case.

image.png.bace9b4c5c274e77c1b4fe898ac2f3fa.png

So, we can safely conclude that ASM #639 and ASM #640 had FEWER THAN 160 COPIES PRINTED because that's what Case Pack 1 means and we see that those were cases of 160 copies.  It can't have any other interpretation, right @Jaydogrules ?

Thanks for posting the solicits for the 678 and 688. I never claimed they were anywhere near as rare as the 667 Dell'otto, but you've proved my.point again, thanks. 

Lol I don't know why this is so confusing for you still.  You've literally posted all the evidence to make only one conclusion obvious:

When there is less than a full standard case pack order for a book, Diamond codes it as "1", and ships them individually to the few shops that qualify and actually order the book.

And I will just assume that if you had a rational answer for this question-

If there were 225 copies per case pack of the regular issue and the Hans variant for 667, why would Diamond send out INDIVIDUAL (1) copy(ies) of the Dell'otto if there were "400-600" printed, rather than 2 or 3 case packs ?

-you would have answered it by now.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

5 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Rarity does not automatically guarantee demand.  

-J.

True.  If you have taught me anything, it's that it takes three and a half years of constantly hyping the same books over and over again to get to the $10,000 level, and it helps if it's Spider-Man and if you say that there are fewer than 225 as long as there are fewer than 225 on the CGC Census. (thumbsu

After there are more than 225 on the CGC census, will we just have to say they're "resubmissions" and that some moms probably threw out a few copies and some were lost to fire and flood and so we can be sure that there are only about 100 left and that they should be $20,000 each? hm

I think that will work. (worship) 

Thanks for posting the solicits for the 678 and 688. I never claimed they were anywhere near as rare as the 667 Dell'otto, but you've proved my.point again, thanks. 

Lol I don't know why this is so confusing for you still.  You've literally posted all the evidence to make only one conclusion obvious:

When there is less than a full standard case pack order for a book, Diamond codes it as "1", and ships them individually to the few shops that qualify and actually order the book.

And I will just assume that if you had a rational answer for this question-

If there were 225 copies per case pack of the regular issue and the Hans variant for 667, why would Diamond send out INDIVIDUAL (1) copy(ies) of the Dell'otto if there were "400-600" printed, rather than 2 or 3 case packs ?

-you would have answered it by now.

-J.

BECAUSE DIAMOND USES CASE PACK 1 ANY TIME THEY AREN'T SURE HOW MANY WILL BE IN A CASE! CASE PACK 1 IS PUT IN THE DIAMOND DATABASE BEFORE THE ORDERS EVEN COME IN!

Now, I suppose you'll have to point out that there was no need to yell. :pullhair:

I don't think those diamond screenshots tell us anything vis a vis print run outside of basic item specifics and where to click when placing an order.

the yellow note boxes, for all the variants provided as examples, are all written differently telling me that it's someone free typing a lot of this information or cloning an existing item (cover A) and using that as a template.

Who knows, maybe someone can reach out to "wsteph" at diamond to find out what they meant by case pack 1 when they entered this into the system.

I think it's more likely than not that "wsteph" is clearly someone's user name.

Just now, valiantman said:

True.  If you have taught me anything, it's that it takes three and a half years of constantly hyping the same books over and over again to get to the $10,000 level, and it helps if it's Spider-Man and if you say that there are fewer than 225 as long as there are fewer than 225 on the CGC Census. (thumbsu

After there are more than 225 on the CGC census, will we just have to say they're "resubmissions" and that some moms probably threw out a few copies and some were lost to fire and flood and so we can be sure that there are only about 100 left and that they should be $20,000 each? hm

I think that will work. (worship) 

It's kind or sad that you believe someone who likes to talk collect and follow and discuss certain books is "hyping" them.  Newsflash - I have a lot of nice and rare and extremely valuable things that aren't just comics. 

And didn't you post a graph comparing the Bats 608RRP submissions to the ASM 667?  Let's have a closer look at that comparison now.  The 667 Dell'otto is now about 8 years old.  In 8 full years, a measly 45 copies show on the census (we will just pretend that some of those aren't resubs and sigs to make you feel better).

How many of the Bats 608RRP were on the census after 8 years ? 

That's right, it took a book, that's also super rare and also has sold for a lot of money pretty much right out the gate, that also features a top tier character in a long running flagship top selling title, 8 years to get to that 229 number. 

The Dell'otto, over the same period of time, delivered less than 20% of that.  

Go figure. 

-J.

4 minutes ago, devald said:

I don't think those diamond screenshots tell us anything vis a vis print run outside of basic item specifics and where to click when placing an order.

the yellow note boxes, for all the variants provided as examples, are all written differently telling me that it's someone free typing a lot of this information or cloning an existing item (cover A) and using that as a template.

Exactly.  You cannot get an print run information from the screens that show you what books are still available to order.  Diamond does not update the database unless they cancel an item, and even then, they keep the original information and just add "cancelled".

11 minutes ago, valiantman said:

BECAUSE DIAMOND USES CASE PACK 1 ANY TIME THEY AREN'T SURE HOW MANY WILL BE IN A CASE! CASE PACK 1 IS PUT IN THE DIAMOND DATABASE BEFORE THE ORDERS EVEN COME IN!

Now, I suppose you'll have to point out that there was no need to yell. :pullhair:

These big letters still didn't answer the question lol.  Diamond did know how many copies were going to be in a case pack for issue 667.  You would rather ignore the information that YOU have posted than acknowledge the obvious. 

That's fine. Good talk. Thanks for keeping it (mostly) civil. Enjoy those "rare" barcode books.  I'll be making snow angels in my rare, expensive ASM variant slab pile when I get home tonight.  :grin:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

It's kind or sad that you believe someone who likes to talk collect and follow and discuss certain books is "hyping" them.  Newsflash - I have a lot of nice and rare and extremely valuable things that aren't just comics. 

There's no news about these comics.  Your list is basically the same as it was three years ago.  "Someone who likes to talk collect and follow and discuss certain books" would be ALL OF US.  "Someone who misinterprets Diamond solicitation data to the point that they estimate fewer than 225 copies of a Marvel Amazing Spider-Man book when that would have literally been the biggest news in Marvel history if it was true" isn't all of us.  It's just one of us.  You.

8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

There's no news about these comics.  Your list is basically the same as it was three years ago.  "Someone who likes to talk collect and follow and discuss certain books" would be ALL OF US.  "Someone who misinterprets Diamond solicitation data to the point that they estimate fewer than 225 copies of a Marvel Amazing Spider-Man book when that would have literally been the biggest news in Marvel history if it was true" isn't all of us.  It's just one of us.  You.

lol You basically just stated the reason why it goes for $25k in a 9.8, and damaged raw copies for $2500, duh!

Also I love how you blew right by my 8 year census comparison for Bats 608RRP.  That's fine, you can believe whatever you like.  

Meanwhile I'll continue to believe my.own eyes lol.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Also I love how you blew right by my 8 year census comparison for Bats 608RRP.

Batman 608RRP was valuable immediately and people on this very board said there were 300 copies or less.  There are more than 300 copies on the CGC census.  That book was not even from Diamond distribution. What exactly do you want me to compare?