• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
18 18

2,250 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Otter1775 said:

Comic Book Enthusiasts,

Good evening and greetings. Tomorrow, marks four years ago that JayDodRules implemented his “Most Valuable Modern Variants – Rankings”. It started on Page 1 with the “Dirty Dozen” (22 April 2016), then Page 4 (23 April 2016), and the latest incantation of the updated list, “The Score” on Page 53 (29 March 2019).

I thought it would be interesting for those that collect from the lists to display said books, either “Raw,” or “Graded” in recognition of this milestone. Books can be former listed members of any of the three lists. Please, no honorable mentions/on the radar, if they did not make the list, please do not display. I wish you all continued success in your endeavors of hunting down your favorite comic books. Lastly, stay safe and healthy, during these trying times.

Otter1775

List 200421.jpg

:applause:Very nice display.  Some of the best of the bunch right there.  4 of 6 of those have made the cut since the beginning and ranked on every update.  Loving that Dell'otto 667 especially.  :cloud9:

Four years already?   Boy does time fly.  doh!

May have to update this thing soon.

-J.

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

:applause:Very nice display.  Some of the best of the bunch right there.  4 of 6 of those have made the cut since the beginning and ranked on every update.  Loving that Dell'otto 667 especially.  :cloud9:

Four years already?   Boy does time fly.  doh!

May have to update this thing soon.

-J.

Thank you, Jay. Your lists that you have provided are a wonderful asset to any comic book collector, especially those that are in pursuit of said books.  Much appreciated on your initiative these past four years and look forward to many more in the future.

14 hours ago, OtherEric said:

The one-and-only book on the list that I have, and honestly the only one I'm particularly interested in:

Supergirl_Legion_23_var.jpg

Great book, I was just looking at this one a couple of days ago on ebay.  I see there are currently 5 CGC 9.8's, 5 CGC 9.6's, and 1 CGC 9.4.  Once again, nice book.

3 hours ago, Otter1775 said:

Thank you, Jay. Your lists that you have provided are a wonderful asset to any comic book collector, especially those that are in pursuit of said books.  Much appreciated on your initiative these past four years and look forward to many more in the future.

I appreciate the kind words.

Glad that some people could find some use in the info.  It has always been a labour for the hobby and this particular niche in particular.  

:acclaim:

-J.

31 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I appreciate the kind words.

Glad that some people could find some use in the info.  It has always been a labour for the hobby and this particular niche in particular.  

:acclaim:

-J.

No worries. I think quite a few members are biting at the bit to see a new list from you, just saying. 🧐

On 3/28/2020 at 8:38 AM, Burtis11 said:

Thank you . I was very surprised to find one ungraded as well. From right here on the forums too. I will admit, however, it won’t stay ungraded for long. Not because I ever plan on selling it but I‘ll feel safer with it in the casing lol

:golfclap::banana:

These are some comics (And magazine) that I still have::bigsmile:

- The Our Love is Real is 1st print (not Image).
- FBI informant magazine. Jimmy Corrigan 1st appearance vs pre-dates.:shy:

- Mouse Guard comixpress edition. Only 3 in universal label.

- Ducktales #1 8-bit convention edition.

D7C7E886-011E-4D77-8061-9949C0B997A8.thumb.jpeg.536ce34c5ea98dcde85c8f8b24bc7f53.jpeg

E16A53EC-A125-48F8-B95D-CC911ED96095.jpeg

AF17F10C-61E5-4722-A7D5-E6B29FEA22D6.jpeg

75D39F3B-F456-44DC-8FA3-C9E80863E827.jpeg

Edited by Comiquero

I also think that the current crisis validates Jay's theory about the rarity of #667.

If there were more copies as some of the naysayers insist, I would have expected some to appear, given that so many people are currently out of work. An instant 10K + would help stave off financial worries for some time. :preach:

3 hours ago, World Devourer said:

I also think that the current crisis validates Jay's theory about the rarity of #667.

If there were more copies as some of the naysayers insist, I would have expected some to appear, given that so many people are currently out of work. An instant 10K + would help stave off financial worries for some time. :preach:

A couple guys have their books for sale after the sale of my book.  I wonder why no one is out there trying to undercut those books cause you are right, now is the time.....unless maybe the book is that rare (or people want to take it to the grave with them)?

Jerome