• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2017 at 9:55 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Hello.  

I don't see any sales for Iron Man 512 Venom for the amount that you are indicating.  The most recent sale I see is for $1200 in February 2017, which is well below the current #12 on the list.  If you have a link for that sale, feel free to post it. 

As to the Transformers book, I am aware of it, but there just aren't enough (or any) public (graded) sales of the book, and strictly private sales of books are not considered.   

-J.

sorry to dig up this old post but it was very relevant to the listing that ended here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSFORMERS-UNIVERSE-Preview-two-1-s-3-2004-3H-Productions-Abduction/124377411131?hash=item1cf578ae3b:g:cyAAAOSwIs9fgg6Y

somebody got really lucky...wish I'd seen it before it ended doh!

1 hour ago, Revival_Hoarder said:

Great books in this thread. Where does this book rank in the list? :banana::sumo:

Price point? Rarity?

50618922881_6f981b553b_k.jpg by

It depends; how many cases did a “reliable source” tell you were printed, damaged, then subsequently destroyed or in personal collections only?

5 hours ago, manetteska said:

It depends; how many cases did a “reliable source” tell you were printed, damaged, then subsequently destroyed or in personal collections only?

well there's at least 20 based on this diamond article 😆

https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/733?articleID=112249

but I vaguely recall reading somewhere on these boards that this was also distributed thru other means (convention handout or retailer event ??)

either way, tough book that I never see on ebay. kudos 

With all of the Star Wars books popping, I imagine the next update to this list should look very different.

Things have changed a lot since this thread started, when a $1500 book could be in the top 10. I haven't checked the most recent update, so even a $2000 book may not qualify, but even so, one book to watch is the variant for Vengeance #1

On 4/23/2020 at 11:38 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Awesome collection.  :applause:

That spawn 185 sketch is particularly drool-worthy.  :whatthe:

-J.

I'm sad to say goodbye to it but had an offer I can't refuse :cry:

On 11/19/2020 at 10:30 AM, valiantman said:

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 Pichelli Sketch Variant should probably be #1 on the list, 90 pages ago --- but it's likely that no one invested in this topic has a copy, so no one is in a hurry to point it out. lol

Fact GIFs | Tenor