• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

:roflmao:Congratulations, you've just cemented your reputation as a troll.  Lol

I waited until 5 YEARS had gone by from you bumping your own topic all the way to 90 pages.

Troll?  Debatable.

Patience? Undeniable.

Persistent?  Ask me again when my topic has 90 pages.

To the non-trolls that are still following the variant market as well, I have updates to the list but am holding off posting until the market stabilizes a little bit.  

With so much volatility in the market any update would be stale pretty quick, so when things settle down a bit I will continue to take notes while I wait a bit and watch the fireworks (on actual verified public sales and not the make believe speculation in the fever dreams of bored trolls).:popcorn:

-J 

Edited by Jaydogrules

22 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

:roflmao:Congratulations, you've just cemented your reputation as a troll.  Lol

And your personal favorite still wont be on this list until it actually realizes some of those Ebay asks and hits the criteria.  

-J.

You've stated many times that this is your list. When someone else makes one they are a troll?

30 minutes ago, valiantman said:

He's not a fan of facts about books he doesn't already own. :gossip:

Show some actual "facts" (ie relevant recent public sales data) and I will be happy to consider them.  

This list has never been nor will be  based on "presumed" value by fanboys of particular books that lack any relevant or substantive sales history. (thumbsu

Oh, and on a side note, you have no idea what books I do and do not own beyond what I choose to put in a sig line. So check yourself there sport. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 4/23/2021 at 5:08 PM, Otter1775 said:

Devald, how long was it posted? I ask because I have my bay saved searches set for it.

This book re-listed but appears to have sold again for the full $10k already. 

But a signed copy got listed shortly thereafter that is up for auction.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174750059966?hash=item28afea4dbe:g:24IAAOSwq0pgi07l

-J.

4 hours ago, obsidian00 said:

A new high for this in a 9.8.  Always an interesting debate with this book.

image.thumb.png.e552001003dfc77ef24aa8bbead98e51.png

The "debate" is just between the same two or three dudes and a couple of windmills at this point.  

But damn, I didn't even know one of these was in that auction.  That blows the doors off the previous high.  :ohnoez:

-J.

1 hour ago, SuperBird said:

so it's one guy collecting multiples of this book?

I know of one guy who has spent a good chunk of change over the years to "hoard" a grand total of 5 copies. 

The buyer of the HA copy only has the one now, the winner against multiple other bidders.  I dont know anything about those other bidders.

-J.