• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Didn't see it mentioned, ASM 638 hit $3,550 and didn't meet the reserve. Think it was $4k?

Looks like it's listed again.

On another note, a book that won't make this list but is hard to find:

Venom Lethal Protector #1 black error cover CGC 9.8 $2,325

Does this normally go for this much?

hm  I recognize that seller.......................

But I think that is a new high for the book in recent years (shrug)

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Im sweating. My 608 RRP was shipped by CGC on May 26....it stalled in Atlanta on May 29. hm

I opened a case with USPS last week. Obviously its insured, but its worth more than the insurance and of course.

Part of me started to think about possibly parting ways with it at some point since I am saving for a house soon. But, I feel like I might have cursed myself and it somehow knew. ???

Oh well. Im hoping it was just a mix up and its on its way. It still says in transit, but Im starting to get more and more worried as each day passes. I got an email from the rep on Friday saying she is looking into it and will get back to me asap. This happened once before on a different package and it showed up a couple days later. BUT, it wasn't gone for this long.

I know USPS take these insured packages extremely serious. They lock them up in safes and monitor them. Ive had uninsured packages stolen before.

7 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Im sweating. My 608 RRP was shipped by CGC on May 26....it stalled in Atlanta on May 29. hm

I opened a case with USPS last week. Obviously its insured, but its worth more than the insurance and of course.

Part of me started to think about possibly parting ways with it at some point since I am saving for a house soon. But, I feel like I might have cursed myself and it somehow knew. ???

Oh well. Im hoping it was just a mix up and its on its way. It still says in transit, but Im starting to get more and more worried as each day passes. I got an email from the rep on Friday saying she is looking into it and will get back to me asap. This happened once before on a different package and it showed up a couple days later. BUT, it wasn't gone for this long.

I know USPS take these insured packages extremely serious. They lock them up in safes and monitor them. Ive had uninsured packages stolen before.

The 29th was a holiday, so hopefully it was just a blip caused by that. But it has been a while... I'm affiliated with the feeling of waiting on an overdue package containing something that is very difficult or impossible to replace - I hope it turns out for you.

1 minute ago, SquareChaos said:

The 29th was a holiday, so hopefully it was just a blip caused by that. But it has been a while... I'm affiliated with the feeling of waiting on an overdue package containing something that is very difficult or impossible to replace - I hope it turns out for you.

I was just about to post. I got an automated email a little while ago from USPS that the package is in Jamaica, NY. I think it just got put on the wrong plane. Hopefully it will be on its way to me soon. Whew. :wishluck:

PS - Im the one that had the smashed IH 181 9.0 Blue label from USPS. Luckily that turned out ok, but my luck had not been good with them.

Edited by kevhtx

Not to derail the thread too much, but the WD #1 I bought from a boardie arrived cracked, one huge one on the back and a slit on the side.  While the box looked okay and it was packed VERY well, I am 99% sure it was from when my local USPS guy dropped it on its side on my doorstep (about a foot fall or so) when getting my sig.  I didn't think much of it at the time...of course I forgot to film me opening it like I usually do for my big $ books >_<  

I took good pics and still have box, but I got a letter this week from USPS saying they are looking into things.  Anyone else have experience with these sorts of things with USPS?  I did immediately work things out with the seller and it's already back from being reholdered.  So, will the pics I took be enough to prove my case now that the book is reholdered (still 9.8!)?

59356c887385b_BackSide1.thumb.jpg.04fb64615dc4f96fa3542f55db168521.jpg59356c8a1a453_LowerBack1.thumb.jpg.8c352bad47850cc35e38670c134ae685.jpg59356c887385b_BackSide1.thumb.jpg.04fb64615dc4f96fa3542f55db168521.jpg59356cebab6ef_InnerBox1.thumb.jpg.8f00fb9e384d8473f4ebfea8c4cd3d2a.jpg59356cb71a903_OuterBoxCorner.thumb.jpg.643a00adea790cfdd52bea041b5f2d6a.jpg

Jerome

Lower Back 2.jpg

7 minutes ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Not to derail the thread too much, but the WD #1 I bought from a boardie arrived cracked, one huge one on the back and a slit on the side.  While the box looked okay and it was packed VERY well, I am 99% sure it was from when my local USPS guy dropped it on its side on my doorstep (about a foot fall or so) when getting my sig.  I didn't think much of it at the time...of course I forgot to film me opening it like I usually do for my big $ books >_<  

I took good pics and still have box, but I got a letter this week from USPS saying they are looking into things.  Anyone else have experience with these sorts of things with USPS?  I did immediately work things out with the seller and it's already back from being reholdered.  So, will the pics I took be enough to prove my case now that the book is reholdered (still 9.8!)?

59356c887385b_BackSide1.thumb.jpg.04fb64615dc4f96fa3542f55db168521.jpg59356c8a1a453_LowerBack1.thumb.jpg.8c352bad47850cc35e38670c134ae685.jpg59356c887385b_BackSide1.thumb.jpg.04fb64615dc4f96fa3542f55db168521.jpg59356cebab6ef_InnerBox1.thumb.jpg.8f00fb9e384d8473f4ebfea8c4cd3d2a.jpg59356cb71a903_OuterBoxCorner.thumb.jpg.643a00adea790cfdd52bea041b5f2d6a.jpg

Jerome

Lower Back 2.jpg

What are you trying to get them to do exactly? Pay for the reholder?

I've had experience with USPS claims, typically they pay out if the packaging was sufficient. At least in my experience, I'm 3/3 on that - claims ranging from around $20 - $200.

1 hour ago, Lethal_Collector said:

The seller refunded me the amount of the Reholder already, so I think he is requesting USPS pay him back for that?  It's probably $100 claim or so.

Jerome

$100 for a re-holder? Somebody abusing the system.

On 5/26/2017 at 0:50 PM, kevhtx said:

I just got my Batman 608 RRP grade back from CGC today. It was a 9.6 before I got it signed by Jim Lee at FXD in April. Had it pressed and came back 9.8! Woohoo!

IMG_5529.JPG

Congrats on the book, and the grade! Quick question, so you can get signed books pressed after they're already signed? If so, in order to keep the yellow label, I assume you have to use CCS for the pressing, in which case, you can keep the yellow label yes? Thanks

1 minute ago, CKinTO said:

Congrats on the book, and the grade! Quick question, so you can get signed books pressed after they're already signed? If so, in order to keep the yellow label, I assume you have to use CCS for the pressing, in which case, you can keep the yellow label yes? Thanks

Yes, CGC forms now have a CCS pressing box now with numerous options you can select.

I swear I think I am never getting my Batman 608 RRP. My daughter is sick so I haven't been able to go pick it up from USPS. She was feeling better earlier so I went (had to drop some stuff off too). Well, the lady went to get it for me (it was about 5:15 or so). They had already locked up the gate/safe area. She said I would have to come back tomorrow. Argh. Tomorrow it is then.

Edited by kevhtx

Hey guys, so I got my Batman 608 RRP, but theres a slight issue. You'll see on the right side, cover seems to be off as it goes towards the bottom. Take a look and see what you think. I think its not seated correctly in the slab. I don't think its a pressing issue and its not "spine roll". I think it happened when they put it in the slab? Seems odd. I would think if I contact them and send back they could adjust it?

IMG_7739.JPG

8 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

This was pressed? Do you have a before picture, regardless of it being pressed? Some books just don't have a perfect wrap.

Yes, it was pressed. I don't think I have a before pic (at least outside window bag). I don't remember it like that, but it could have been slightly off. Not the end of the world of course but if its just not seated in the slab properly, I want them to adjust it. Ive had some issues lately that Ive had to send slabs back (one issue was not their fault).

9 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Yes, it was pressed. I don't think I have a before pic (at least outside window bag). I don't remember it like that, but it could have been slightly off. Not the end of the world of course but if its just not seated in the slab properly, I want them to adjust it. Ive had some issues lately that Ive had to send slabs back (one issue was not their fault).

Anything is possible, but I can see the top staple clearly and can't see the bottom staple at all. Pressing does often change a book's wrap.

Thats probably it. At this point, I don't want to risk shipping back/forth, insurance issue, possible loss and so on. Ill see what CGC says, but Ive already had this thing take a trip to NY before coming here to Dallas from Florida. Im thinking I just want it to stay here.

:applause:

Looks great with the yellow label on it Kev!  I'm with Square, it was probably done during pressing, unintentionally.  But it can/does happen sometimes.  I wouldn't be too worried about it tho, unless its something you can't live with and I don't know that CGC would be able to do anything as it probably arrived that way.

Jerome