• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

Red Hood Lost Days 1 Mattina Variant

Last few sales in 9.8 one sold for 1k in 5min after it was listed then few weeks later 1800$ in a few hours after listed. Could be a book to watch out for.

Variants are just crazy ATM

Can this keep up?

14 minutes ago, Thanos88 said:

Red Hood Lost Days 1 Mattina Variant

Last few sales in 9.8 one sold for 1k in 5min after it was listed then few weeks later 1800$ in a few hours after listed. Could be a book to watch out for.

Variants are just crazy ATM

Can this keep up?

Hey man, long time.  

I'm familiar with the book. That second sale looks a little weird and unsupported, and is probably the same book sold again.  Would definitely need a few more data points before it could seriously be considered.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

16 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Hey man, long time.  

I'm familiar with the book. That second sale looks a little weird and unsupported, and is probably the same book sold again.  Would definitely need a few more data points before it could seriously be considered.  

-J.

Yeah not saying put it on the list just keep a eye out, Also Uncanny x-force 20 venom variant looks like its making a move.

BTW was my boy who paid the 5k for the ASM 678 9.8 private sale just saying. 

On 6/24/2017 at 0:16 AM, Jaydogrules said:

It's not on the list because it's a reprint with a new cover, not a variant (third print to be exact). 

If it wasn't a reprint and made the list it would be 10th. 

-J.

Semantics. It's expensive and sought after because of its unique cover art and rarity, just like every other book in this thread. 

8 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

"Slight color touch" - they'll probably crack it, have someone SS over the "color touch" and resubmit, and have it back on eBay in a month.

Perhaps, but in order for that first sig to still be verified, wouldn't a CGC witness have to be there when the case is cracked for the next sig? Shouldn't that notation of restoration carry over to the new slab?

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Perhaps, but in order for that first sig to still be verified, wouldn't a CGC witness have to be there when the case is cracked for the next sig? Shouldn't that notation of restoration carry over to the new slab?

I would think so... So send it in to ccs, have them remove the resto and get it reslabbed... Get it back, crack it open in front of a witness and sign over... Have slabbed again... No biggie :roflmao:

13 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

"Slight color touch" - they'll probably crack it, have someone SS over the "color touch" and resubmit, and have it back on eBay in a month.

'Slight color touch' probably just means it has "Sta.." scrawled across the cover in black sharpie, then someone gave him the right pen.

:acclaim:

So, legitimate question regarding the scenario mentioned. When you get a SS that sometimes has an additional remark or sketch, the label will read "signed and remarked" or something similar.

If you had a signature of a colorist witnessed, and their "sketch" or "remark" entailed a little color touch, would that still be considered restoration?

55 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

So, legitimate question regarding the scenario mentioned. When you get a SS that sometimes has an additional remark or sketch, the label will read "signed and remarked" or something similar.

If you had a signature of a colorist witnessed, and their "sketch" or "remark" entailed a little color touch, would that still be considered restoration?

No, especially if it was witnessed.  A partial sig is quite a ways off from the intent of a resto.

Jerome

On 7/24/2017 at 1:53 PM, Lethal_Collector said:

TF?  Thats not supposed to happen, right?

Super strong finish for a raw book, wow!

Jerome

I sold my  9.8 blue for $1500 a little over a year ago. LOL. Kicking myself