• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
18 18

2,250 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

"OMG publishers love to flush money down the drain by deliberately over printing all their books by the HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS!"

Again, considering that the biggest publishers were used to overprinting by HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS for decades, I don't see how hundreds or a few thousand would faze them in the slightest. They will continue to print whatever they want for whatever reasons they have.

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

1,000 is the high estimate, but it could have been 600-800.  There may be a letter from Valiant that states the number, possibly as high as 1,000.

unitylim1.jpg     unitylim2.jpg

They are too thick for CGC cases, so there are none on the CGC Census.

I'm willing to go on record as saying that those were NOT given out to retailers at a Summit, but rather some other sort of incentive for super special retailers at the time who used the then-new S.T.A.R. ordering system or some other program diamond was running. It was a nifty way to get rid of unsold copies, too. There are several of them:

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

7 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Again, considering that the biggest publishers were used to overprinting by HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS for decades, I don't see how hundreds or a few thousand would faze them in the slightest. They will continue to print whatever they want for whatever reasons they have.

They "can" print "whatever they want", but what they actually do print is very "tight" to what is ordered and reported on comichron, according to the Diamond rep that I just spoke to that once again disputed pretty much everything you and your sock puppet accounts (and Gower) have been saying. 

-J.

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

This isnt a modern variant:(

I'm guessing the Albuquerque variant of Thanos 13 has to be up there

it's just what it immediatly thought of that's all, i kind of forgot what thread i was in, but noted i'll take my leave :foryou: 

12 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

This isnt a modern variant:(

I'm guessing the Albuquerque variant of Thanos 13 has to be up there

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Take your leave?

It's the only reason I showed up

Lol ya but you had a point! Thanos 13 is good too!

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It went up one hundred slots on gocollect.com popular comics. I'm not sure why, is cosmic Ghostrider in the next guardians movie. Something else went up a bunch too  and so did Ironman 55

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's not close to being three years old yet, and barring one outlier apparent sale of $1200, it has been in the ~$750 range the last several months, so even if it was three+ years old it likely still would not make The Score.

-J.

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Anecdotal really feals nice as it rolls off the tongue, same with

Ambience

Obsequious 

Contemporaneously 

what about Pedantic?

3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Anecdotal really feals nice as it rolls off the tongue

Ps this is not a sentence.