• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
18 18

2,250 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, BOOM has actually been manipulating the market on their 2nd prints in recent months. FOC numbers mean nothing. They are telling the printer how many they want printed which is shorting the orders and causing allocations.

Huh?? 

Retailers are not able to RE-order (no massive quantities of originally un-ordered books laying around?, gee, go figure) when demand exceeds the initial supply, so the publisher goes to an additional printing.  

-J.

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

Huh?? 

Retailers are not able to RE-order (no massive quantities of originally un-ordered books laying around?, gee, go figure) when demand exceeds the initial supply, so the publisher goes to an additional printing.  

-J.

Not sure what you mean. I said second prints. The publisher is intentionally telling the printer to print less than the Diamond FOC orders. You said your "guy" told you that was not how it worked.

2) Diamond collects the orders from retailers and Diamond tells publishers what it needs to print (as opposed to Marvel just "printing what it wants", the absolutely ridiculous scenario a few people on here have suggested);

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

The guy with multiple sock puppet accounts that he uses to respond to himself and like his own posts in nearly every thread he participates in ? (shrug)

-J.

Which board members have you met, again?

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Not sure what you mean. I said second prints. The publisher is intentionally telling the printer to print less than the Diamond FOC orders. You said your "guy" told you that was not how it worked.

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying lol.  But it still seems to be the opposite of "deliberately over printing comics that no one ordered for the sole purpose of wasting space in a warehouse only to sell for pennies on the dollar later" lol.

I would also add that if Marvel did deliberately monkey around with Diamond's orders, and that could actually be proved, that would be a fairly egregious breach of their contract with Diamond. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

12 hours ago, Brock said:
19 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Shame it doesn't have a number on the back like this one:

1822375367_400vewhiteb.thumb.jpg.1244a626cccfb0194e79da957a1e7865.jpg

So - bottom line - we’re saying there are at least 10,300 of these out there, right?

:idea:

hm

52 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
57 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

No one is listening....

to the only guy in this thread with zero credibility. Guess who that is.

:acclaim:

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

Multiple board names with tens of thousands of posts among them has been more than enough for you, thanks.  (thumbsu

-J.

It's pretty pathetic that such an anonymous poster has no response other than to accuse multiple real people who've met and are are known to multiple other board members of being one single entity.

And I guess it was all part of the master plan for all of us to join years before you just in case you ever showed up.

:roflmao:

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Oh okay, so you ARE making the cockamamie claim that publishers willfully over print books in mass quantities that no one ordered. 

Great, glad we got you officially on the record with that nonsense.  

That's not what I said. Just that your 3% BS is neither confirmable or in-line with numbers we CAN see. Your 'secret male friend' at Diamond doesn't count. His information isn't confirmable. And he has an agenda. To sell more copies to people like you.

Think I'll take the word of the Diamond honcho over you, and your cherry picked 11 year old data, thanks (sheesh, and I thought that "I" was the one who supposedly did that, lol).

Yes, you'll take the salesman's word who's selling you the Brooklyn Bridge. LOL. 

And quit conflating comic resellers (five below is another one)

Diamond sells to Hachette Distribution services. They are a HUGE, World Wide distribution service. YOU have no idea even who they even are. Shows how much you DON'T know what you're talking about. That's a lot of book stores, airport shops, mall shop, hotel shops, etc.that are all distributed through them. There's far more of these stores, FAR MORE than the number of comic book stores. 

And DISNEY's print sales are huge as well. Sorry, dude. Diamond has a deal. But it's not as big as Marvel's output. You are 100% dead WRONG.

and the tiny foreign distribution market (in comparison) with what Diamond NA direct does. 

Are they? In every book store at every mall I've ever been to in Thailand and Southeast Asia (Japan, Taiwan, China) I've seen Marvel Comics. They're in multiple countries throughout the world. In Malls in every major city. YOU don't know how big or small it is compared to Diamond NA. You have no idea.

Doing so once again really does make you look like you are deliberately trying to deceive people. 

No, it's YOU trying to deceive people into believing its something so much bigger than it is. The fact is comic book stores are shrinking. Print sales from Diamond are WAY down from 10-20 years ago. Marvel's sales elsewhere are a market that seems to be growing every year....

Diamond NEEDS guys like you to make the world believe those variants are 'special'. LOL. 

Diamond has an EXCLUSIVE BROKERAGE AGREEMENT, this is a fact, you can run around like chicken little all you like, calling publishers liars, implying evil, fraudulent, and nefarious intent, and telling comic collectors what YOU think they can and cannot do all you like.

No one is listening....

-J.

No one is listening to YOU.

Diamond DOES have an exclusive deal. To sell to those comics to the DIRECT MARKET (COMIC BOOK STORES) in North America. There's a big world outside those shops. 

6 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

It's pretty pathetic that such an anonymous poster has no response other than to accuse multiple real people who've met and are are known to multiple other board members of being one single entity.

And I guess it was all part of the master plan for all of us to join years before you just in case you ever showed up.

:roflmao:

Yes you did create these accounts years ago, but it had nothing to do with me. It is your bizarre coping mechanism for dealing with the slightest hint of dissent when it comes to your OPINIONS.  You use at least three accounts regularly, that should be fairly obvious to even the most casual observer, and those don't even include your multiple abandoned one-off accounts that you use for some of your more openly vitruolic posts that you pretty clearly expect to get blocked (and often do).

-J.

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

Yes you did create these accounts years ago, but it had nothing to do with me. It is your bizarre coping mechanism for dealing with the slightest hint of dissent when it comes to your OPINIONS.  You use at least three accounts regularly, that should be fairly obvious to even the most casual observer, and those don't even include your multiple abandoned one-off accounts that you use for some of your more openly vitruolic posts that you pretty clearly expect to get blocked (and often do).

-J.

Which board members have you met, again?

9 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

That's not what I said. Just that your 3% BS is neither confirmable or in-line with numbers we CAN see. Your 'secret male friend' at Diamond doesn't count. His information isn't confirmable. And he has an agenda. To sell more copies to people like you.

Yes, you'll take the salesman's word who's selling you the Brooklyn Bridge. LOL. 

Diamond sells to Hachette Distribution services. They are a HUGE, World Wide distribution service. YOU have no idea even who they even are. Shows how much you DON'T know what you're talking about. That's a lot of book stores, airport shops, mall shop, hotel shops, etc.that are all distributed through them. There's far more of these stores, FAR MORE than the number of comic book stores. 

And DISNEY's print sales are huge as well. Sorry, dude. Diamond has a deal. But it's not as big as Marvel's output. You are 100% dead WRONG.

Are they? In every book store at every mall I've ever been to in Thailand and Southeast Asia (Japan, Taiwan, China) I've seen Marvel Comics. They're in multiple countries throughout the world. In Malls in every major city. YOU don't know how big or small it is compared to Diamond NA. You have no idea.

No, it's YOU trying to deceive people into believing its something so much bigger than it is. The fact is comic book stores are shrinking. Print sales from Diamond are WAY down from 10-20 years ago. Marvel's sales elsewhere are a market that seems to be growing every year....

Diamond NEEDS guys like you to make the world believe those variants are 'special'. LOL. 

No one is listening to YOU.

Diamond DOES have an exclusive deal. To sell to those comics to the DIRECT MARKET (COMIC BOOK STORES) in North America. There's a big world outside those shops. 

Hachette is a Diamond reseller. 

Thanks for confirming that.  

Diamond has an exclusive brokerage agreement with the publishers, thanks for confirming that too. 

So tell me again exactly where I'm "wrong" this time ?

Oh wait, you can't because you just begrudgingly agreed with me (though only after I called you out AGAIN for posting partial and misleading information).

The 3% number is real and has been echoed by other Diamond account holder not named you, as well as now TWO Diamond reps. This info isn't secret, you too can call them up and ask as well (oh but wait, they will just lie to you as well because there is a grand comic book and print run conspiracy afoot :eyeroll:).

Probably still a much better use of your time than shaking your fist at the clouds here (hat tip valiantman).

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

5 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

What in the bloody H-E-Double hockey sticks does this have to do with anything ?

-J.

Thanks for proving to everybody reading this just how clueless you are (in the unlikely event that they weren't already aware).

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

Thanks for proving to everybody reading this just how clueless you are (in the unlikely event that they weren't already aware).

Whatever you say RMA/Lazyboy/Darkstar/etcetcetc... (thumbsu

:gossip: (and fyi, I have multiple business dealings and friendships with numerous boardies on these forums, including multiple participants of this very thread, not that that is relevant to anything being discussed here now)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules