• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, darkstar said:

Your facts came down to stating the population number at two points in time. Suggesting that the market price of the book has fallen simply because the graded population saw an increase over the span of two years is pathetic analysis. That isn't even econ 101 stuff. It is tremendously lazy and base discussion that doesn't warrant a back and forth. What was the market depth over this period of time? How many raw copies came up for sale? How many graded copies came up for sale? What happened to other Supergirl variants during this time period? What happened to other Hughes variants during this time period? What about the prices for variants in general? Herp derp there are more copies of this book graded today than there were two years ago so the market price went down. Great work, Einstein. God, you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. 

Supply / Demand, Economics 101. The semester is over and you were too busy at the frat boys kegger to show up to class.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:20 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Mmmm that is a nice copy.  At this point it's very unusual to still see a sweet looking raw copy of one of those.   Congrats ! :applause:

-J.

Thank you . I was very surprised to find one ungraded as well. From right here on the forums too. I will admit, however, it won’t stay ungraded for long. Not because I ever plan on selling it but I‘ll feel safer with it in the casing lol

33 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

eBay is giving free listings for April so there's no downside to doing that. Costs you nothing, its free advertising, and maybe you'll sell it.

Hey man, sorry about the other day.  

I've always been cool with you.

-J.

Comic Book Enthusiasts,

Good evening and greetings. Tomorrow, marks four years ago that JayDodRules implemented his “Most Valuable Modern Variants – Rankings”. It started on Page 1 with the “Dirty Dozen” (22 April 2016), then Page 4 (23 April 2016), and the latest incantation of the updated list, “The Score” on Page 53 (29 March 2019).

I thought it would be interesting for those that collect from the lists to display said books, either “Raw,” or “Graded” in recognition of this milestone. Books can be former listed members of any of the three lists. Please, no honorable mentions/on the radar, if they did not make the list, please do not display. I wish you all continued success in your endeavors of hunting down your favorite comic books. Lastly, stay safe and healthy, during these trying times.

Otter1775

List 200421.jpg