• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Frozen Comic Appreciation Thread

98 posts in this topic

Old group shot picture of the 9.8 #nn's (the Idina SS book not in the picture.)

The first book is a CGC SS 9.8 with Eva Bella's (young Elsa) and Livvy Stubenrauch's (young Anna- "Do you want to build a snowman?") signatures and the other CGC SS 9.8 signed by Spencer Ganus (teen Elsa- the actress who successfully sued Disney to get her cut of the profits,) with a couple random Universals and second print 9.8. I think I still have 3 Universals, I don't even want. lol

groupshot_zpsroax0fxn.jpg

My prize SS 9.8 Frozen book, signed by Idina Menzel (Elsa) & Jonathan Groff (Kristoff).

DSC06300%202%20Small_zps3ms3f2xf.jpg

(worship)

Great set :applause:

Now, how about some pics? :baiting:

I'll start working on it when I get my next newspaper article done. Unless something else comes up...

Cool thread :)

I remember when this book got hot, and then started cooling off. I bought out a few of the guys on ebay with big stacks at a decent price per book to hold them long term.

I havent CGC'd any of them yet, but I have at least 30 NM+/NM++ copies of this in a short box somewhere around.

Edited by CBT

i dont think, outside these boards, there is demand for it.

But for a low availability book, it only takes a thread on here with a few followers and it can have a large effect.

Even a year ago when i was doing my best to wipe NM copies off ebay, it was only after interest on these boards had died off, that the original bump faded, and it was affordable to take a run at cleaning ebay out.

Edited by CBT

i dont think, outside these boards, there is demand for it.

But for a low availability book, it only takes a thread on here with a few followers and it can have a large effect.

It's just been something I liked for a bit now.

Technically, this book is just a reprint to the original Italian comic that came out two years before. So I wouldn't see a lot of worth anyway. Maybe a signature can help boost it's worth. Or a 9.9...

But, Frozen 2 isn't going to.

Plus, the microscopic print run ensures that a lot of kids don't know about it to begin with. They can't collect something they do not know even exists.

If the ongoing is still cleverly written, I'll still be collecting these in a run.

I have no idea why I started hoarding the 9.8 Universals?

Found part of my 9.8 candidates stack...

XmJdbT8.jpg

:whee:

Isn't that the 2nd printing?

Just kidding :grin:

Which is a rare animal in high grade all by itself in this title. Well, in at least my adventures compared to the First Print. If someone offers one in 9.8, you should definitely take it! lol

XmJdbT8.jpg

That's where all of them went.

lol

I think it was Nov/Dec of 2015 when i bought most of what I have. There was one or two guys with big numbers and I negotiated with them for a deal to buy what they had. It was(and remains) a years from now kind of book to me, not something I wanted to try and flip.

I think its an awesome awesome book to have long term, and one which will eventually be very hard to get.

XmJdbT8.jpg

Isn't that the 2nd printing?

Just kidding :grin:

I have another stack somewhere, I think have 30 total, these 17 were all easy 9.8s, and the other 13 or so were 9.6s to maybe 9.8s. I think there is one or two 2nd Prints in that stack as well (got by accident when buying up individuals before I bought the bigger lots)

wouldn't see a lot of worth anyway. Maybe a signature can help boost it's worth. Or a 9.9...

But, Frozen 2 isn't going to.

Plus, the microscopic print run ensures that a lot of kids don't know about it to begin with. They can't collect something they do not know even exists.

If the ongoing is still cleverly written, I'll still be collecting these in a run.

I have no idea why I started hoarding the 9.8 Universals?

I have lots more Fatale copies in my collection then i need. Nothing wrong with that, sometimes when you collect something, especially if its accessible, its nice to have a plethora.

Those 9.8s are excellent if you want to get more sigs later, because you dont have to crack and risk the ones you are already happy with.

Just a comment on the 9.9 thing, I dont think its possible due to the thicker size and type of binding. Obviously anything is possible, but to me, I think it will never have higher than a 9.8.

Also, non-english books are irrelevant(sad but true), so as far as Frozen goes, it will be the book to have. imo.

Just a little :bump:

My neck of the woods can get pretty intense when it snows. So, I really dug Frozen's chaotic atmosphere of extreme winter. Here I am snow blowing the yard during a blizzard.

Snowblowing_zpsocqpzeij.jpg

Everything ices over very nicely for about five months.

ice_zps40oyotxh.jpg

So I usually do a Frozen themed Christmas tree.

Ornatree2_zps2efu35w7.jpg

Ornatree1_zps0coumivw.jpg

Some of the ornaments are just beautifully crafted.

Ornaelsa_zpst8lmewkm.jpg

Ornaanna_zpslmxipv09.jpg

No reason to not have fun with other ornaments though.

ornaren_zpslne6k6kn.jpg

A little Tom Brady worship from the usually ambiguous Elsa.

Ornabrady_zpsbmlbxzc0.jpg

Found Frozen co-Director Jennifer Lee's 1992 UNH yearbook at the dump too. A great rare find!

yearbook_zps8kzngx6h.jpg

yearbook2_zpshz11e4lg.jpg

Well, have a great weekend everyone! :)

-Jerel

Oh and this Idina SS book is quite the steal on eBay.

I bought from the seller and forum/Signature Series member before and highly recommend him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-SS-Frozen-signed-by-Idina-Menzel-Jonathan-Groff-Elsa-Kristoff-Disney-/122208584773?hash=item1c74330445:g:k-0AAOSwubRXNnqL

Oh and this Idina SS book is quite the steal on eBay.

I bought from the seller and forum/Signature Series member before and highly recommend him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CGC-9-8-SS-Frozen-signed-by-Idina-Menzel-Jonathan-Groff-Elsa-Kristoff-Disney-/122208584773?hash=item1c74330445:g:k-0AAOSwubRXNnqL

I bought a Neil Gaiman signed Eternals book from him before.