• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally Numero Uno

6 posts in this topic

It's taken me years and a bit of cash but I am finally in the top spot in Captain Marvel Adventures.

My recent ascent was helped by the fact that Starman221 was going in the opposite direction. Seeing the goal within striking distance I did a sprint to the finish line and put myself fairly deep in the red based on my buying budget but that's cool because I always pull myself back out. My recent purchases may be my last for most of the rest of the year unless a must have item appears.

My next goal is to try and reach the registry total that Starman211 had when he won the 2009 Golden Age set of the year. That total was 34870 while I have 29930. I have no illusions that I will suddenly win Golden Age set of the year the moment I exceed 34870 particularly since the competition has become much fiercer since 2009. The lowest registry point total in the Golden Age category was 47355 but that one was 95% complete while mine is a dainty 35%. On the other hand I have no comics with a grade less than 7.5 and I average well above 9.0. A good percentage of my collection are highest or second highest grade.

I probably have a better chance of winning best presentation and I've spent a ton of time on my comic descriptions. I've read almost every comic I own using scans online. So if you want to learn more about Captain Marvel, the ORIGINAL Captain Marvel, Please check out my set and enjoy.

See more journals by David Swan

Yes I wish that CGC would calculate "passion and presentation" into giving out their awards instead to outright high dollar, high grade .

They do.

It's called the "best presentation" award.

Best in age sets are based on points/completion.