• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman V.2 #1 fake? canadian or other.help?!?

22 posts in this topic

ive done a little more research and it seems this is a newstand version. generally that is more valuable right? weird i cant find the upc though.

Generally harder to find in higher grades. A 9.8 newsstand will usually fetch more than a 9.8 direct because of the realization that newsstands are generally handled more, and more so than not reach their destination damaged already.

In addition to what you mentioned, most moderns on the shelves today are printed in much smaller numbers than their direct edition counterparts and any copies left on the shelf for awhile that don't get sold are sent back to the publisher and destroyed.

I was told that by a B&N manager when I approached him asking when they get shipments in. I guess the comic publishers once they receive the returned stock can't send them to the comic shops with a newsstand upc.

Since Marvel is out of the newsstand business, whatever is out is out finding true 9.8's

will be a true task.

I feel newsstands are the ones to get due to these reasons.

Happy Hunting!

ive done a little more research and it seems this is a newstand version. generally that is more valuable right? weird i cant find the upc though.

Generally harder to find in higher grades. A 9.8 newsstand will usually fetch more than a 9.8 direct because of the realization that newsstands are generally handled more, and more so than not reach their destination damaged already.

In addition to what you mentioned, most moderns on the shelves today are printed in much smaller numbers than their direct edition counterparts and any copies left on the shelf for awhile that don't get sold are sent back to the publisher and destroyed.

I was told that by a B&N manager when I approached him asking when they get shipments in. I guess the comic publishers once they receive the returned stock can't send them to the comic shops with a newsstand upc.

Since Marvel is out of the newsstand business, whatever is out is out finding true 9.8's

will be a true task.

I feel newsstands are the ones to get due to these reasons.

Happy Hunting!

Good to see ya! I didn't know that they get sent back, thought the store generally just orders enough to get rid of them or pawns them off somewhere else. Good info