• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your favorite TINTIN books?

51 posts in this topic

Look at this.....

Very cool... Tintin, Snowy lol , Haddock, Thomson & Thompson on a ride... What year is it from, and for what is it used? (Bookbag? Handbag?) Anyway thanks for the pics!

IMG_20160503_070825592_HDR_zpsjxbuvnwu.jpg

There is a tag inside that says SARI FABRICS Made in England 1982.

I bought it around '84 or '85 and used it for .... a lunch box when I worked at Federal Express. Here is a size comparison pic. Nowadays it just holds Christmas stuff.

Look at this.....

Very cool... Tintin, Snowy lol , Haddock, Thomson & Thompson on a ride... What year is it from, and for what is it used? (Bookbag? Handbag?) Anyway thanks for the pics!

There is a tag inside that says SARI FABRICS Made in England 1982.

I bought it around '84 or '85 and used it for .... a lunch box when I worked at Federal Express. Here is a size comparison pic. Nowadays it just holds Christmas stuff.

Cool. And "D'oh!" on the dog name -- Snowy (or Milou), not Sunny... I knew that but must have been thinking about Junior & Sunny comics or something.

IMG_20160503_123110_zpskua6pucr.jpg

Saw this thread and went digging for mine. This is the first time I learned that kids are the greatest threat to my books. All the spines have been ripped off by those little monsters. Sweet stories though.

IMG_20160503_123110_zpskua6pucr.jpg

Saw this thread and went digging for mine. This is the first time I learned that kids are the greatest threat to my books. All the spines have been ripped off by those little monsters. Sweet stories though.

:cloud9: Nice books, love the American 1st editions!

Those damn Golden Press cardboard paper spines are always the first to go :cry:

Another awesome example of "well loved" by little monsters TinTin books :grin:

As a kid I always particularly liked the shark sub in Red Rackham's Treasure.

As a kid I always particularly liked the shark sub in Red Rackham's Treasure.

+1

At the same time.....Calculus always drove me crazy with his deafness :frustrated:

And while we are on the subject of Tin Tin characters......

does anyone here know the difference between Thompson and Thomson...??

That's right.....

Thompson with a "P" has a slight outward flair to his mustache..... but Thomson without a "P" has straight downward edges to his mustache