• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BEST AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VARIANTS - THE CREAM OF THE CROP

105 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:50 PM, bababooey said:

601-b.jpg

Here is an argument against variants being worth more:

Have you seen the price of this ASM 601 variant vs. the regular JSC cover of ASM 601. The difference is noticeable. The regular cover is way more popular.

There were a lot of recent ASM 25 variants (con variants from JSC, etc.) but my favorite is the ComicXposure variant by Artgerm with a great Black Cat version. Color and copic covers below (there's also a color virgin one) - I got a nice copic version that I'm hoping to get signed by Artgerm at an upcoming con.

comixsposure-spidy-25-color-and-copic-set.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:38 AM, Marwood & I said:

Great thread @bababooey! I didn't realise you were an ASM variant man.  Great taste Sir (thumbsu

Here's a well deserved bump, with a few I used to own.

I ended up with 3 copies of the 184 in the end, but none of them had the sticker. Here's why:

592ab5c03efa0_184alldetergentraw.thumb.jpg.cb3e59c39ac856a8dfb0cd0521dfa231.jpg

:cloud9:

At one point in my collecting days, I had six copies of this book.  Five unstickered and one that still had the sticker, which I bought in CT.  I tracked these for about five years and came up with some general distribution areas.  I did enjoy the chase and Shield Agent and I had a laugh or two.  I traded my stickered copy for a piece of Amazing Spider-Man artwork from Issue 145, which I had to eventually sell.  Funny, after finding my stickered copy, I soon also found a copy of Pow! Biff! Pops!  Probably two of the rarer Spider-Man appearances within less than a month.  Anyway, they are long gone, still have the pic of ASM184 All Detergent variant.

ASM_184_All_Sticker.jpg

One of my favorite ASM variants I've come across in recent years is the #692 70s red variant with Spidey holding Gwen. I haven't looked in a while, but I recall prices on eBay being all over the price... not sure of the ratio variant if any or how hot it was upon release, but I love that cover so much.

On 6/24/2017 at 2:08 PM, Spider-Variant said:

ASM_184_All_Sticker.jpg

I never really had an interest in that one, which is odd since it came out during the early collecting years which is one of my weaknesses when it comes to seeking stuff out.   That's probably one of the best copies of that book I've seen. 

On 6/25/2017 at 7:24 PM, BishopT said:

One of my favorite ASM variants I've come across in recent years is the #692 70s red variant with Spidey holding Gwen. I haven't looked in a while, but I recall prices on eBay being all over the price... not sure of the ratio variant if any or how hot it was upon release, but I love that cover so much.

I liked that one too, I don't have one & wanted it when it came out but someone wanted $50 for the set so I passed...since then I've tracked a couple down but not the red gwen cover.

Since @Marwood & I posted some other stuff, here's a Marcos Martin modern Spidey cover that I liked.

SpiderMen_2_MartinVariant.jpg

There is also this Tim Sale cover that was a variant on one of the AvX books.

On 6/26/2017 at 3:12 PM, bababooey said:

I never really had an interest in that one, which is odd since it came out during the early collecting years which is one of my weaknesses when it comes to seeking stuff out.   That's probably one of the best copies of that book I've seen. 

You know, at the end of the day, I traded that for the artwork I mentioned in my earlier post without much hesitation.  This was after searching for this book for 3 or 4 years.  

and this is not a great variant either, but I have the feeling that the ASM26 Walmart is generally overlooked and in some years it might become quite difficult to find. I also have the feeling that grade of this book might be an issue, as it was shrinkwrapped with two other books.

img006.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dutch74 said:

one of us asked for a scan of the ASM25 1:1000

img005.jpg

Yowser!  How many gazillions did that cost you Elmer?

On 11-6-2017 at 0:04 PM, Marwood & I said:

There's a couple on Ebay Elmer, but I'm not sure they're NM+ copies. It's not even a nice cover (but I never liked the artist anyway). I stopped at v3 when it started to get really silly - it's not like the variants being produced were that good anyway. Post your 1:1000 if you can. I'd like to see a copy here 

593d14cc629e0_526ve52621.thumb.jpg.42fcc85c34521df5eb3f7e121286c26c.jpg

Finally found this book in great condition, which completes my variant collection of ASM 1-700 / SS 1-31 / ASM 1-18 / ASMRYV 1-5 / ASM 1-28. What will I do now?

3 minutes ago, Dutch74 said:

Finally found this book in great condition, which completes my variant collection of ASM 1-700 / SS 1-31 / ASM 1-18 / ASMRYV 1-5 / ASM 1-28. What will I do now?

Pence, Canadians, Australians, Mark Jewelers......

2 minutes ago, Dutch74 said:

Haha, somehow neither has any appeal to me. My newsstand collection is also close to being complete. 

I may have had a hand in that.... ?

On 2.07.2017 at 8:18 PM, Dutch74 said:

and this is not a great variant either, but I have the feeling that the ASM26 Walmart is generally overlooked and in some years it might become quite difficult to find. I also have the feeling that grade of this book might be an issue, as it was shrinkwrapped with two other books.

img006.jpg

I like this one! I was always a sucker for detailed city background :)

Edited by SpiderJunkie