• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow! When did Detective #405 explode?

25 posts in this topic

I suppose if one of you doesn't grab the 217 in a couple days, I might. I've got 2 but neither are slabbed. I too, agree that O'Neil is often overlooked in regards to his profound contribution to the BA and it's roots. He was a worthy voice for the times ...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:whistle: It's gone now... :whistle:

:golfclap:

... hopefully it's from the recent tight period and is actually a 9.0 in an 8.5 slab :wishluck: GOD BLESS....

I'm seeing $30 - $70 for mid-grade copies on eBay. What the hell?

Great Adams cover? Yes! But it's got boring interior art by Bob Brown, and a fairly bland story overall.

And that "introduction" of the League of Assassins? It's more like "assassin", singular. Despite the cadre of baddies teased on the cover, Batman only tangles with a one of them in the story.

I haven't looked it up, but I'm guessing that the demand, and hence the prices, has something to do with a movie or TV show, right?

Several years ago.

I understand why someone might question might question the prices the book has been getting. But it's hard to look at that cover and not want to own a sweet copy of the book. Adams did a lot of great Bats covers but this one is really high on the list.

I understand why someone might question might question the prices the book has been getting. But it's hard to look at that cover and not want to own a sweet copy of the book. Adams did a lot of great Bats covers but this one is really high on the list.

...people always slam the non-Adams c/a books...... but some are actually quite serviceable.....especially any with Novick/Giordano on the menu. I was once an Adams snob..... but Don Newton and Gene Colan broke me of that.... GOD BLESS...