• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Article from Joe Simon's granddaughter

9 posts in this topic

I was incredibly lucky enough to go to Joe's NYC apartment many years ago with the nycomics team of Sean and Chris. As I read through the article it brought me right back to that day. His work area, his over sized chair and most importantly an amazing man named Joe Simon sitting in that chair right in front of us. We spoke about the upcoming Captain America movie and helped him pick a cover for his soon to be released book. As a comic collector of many years that day stands out as one of most memorable ever. He is missed.

Woah, actually welling up over here....great article. Thanks for swiping it from Brock!

Great story. I now need to get the last 1. I got these cheap and the sig was worth way more than the book.I would love to get the last one in 9.8 so if anyone has it for sale PM me Thanks. GO JOE :applause:

Captain%20America%2025%20cgc.SS_zpsvx37nvby.jpg

Captain%20America%2025%20cgc.SS%20Variant_zps3zn69ddl.jpg

I remember passing by his table at NYCC and watching but not braving the lines to go meet him and chat in person. The creation and public reaction to Captain America is a story in of itself btw.

I have two Joe Simon books. Here is my favorite to share:

Cap109ss.jpg