• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

It's really huge.   

The dinosaur is over 2 feet long and 1 foot tall.  

Now I have to decide if I need to remove it from the package to pull the battery out.   Which I REALLY don't want to do. 

Patrick

Interesting. Odd that it came with a battery, as it doesn't have a "try me" button like they do in some stores.

I feel you though I bought a marvel legends iron man helmet and I took it out to play with It, messing with the tiny screws for the batteries, but I didn't leave them in there. I bought it and a light saber for fun at a con, hard to justify it when I only want to use batteries for a little while to play and can't leave them in there lol

If it is an older piece, your Jurassic Park, and it did come with a battery then I'm sure it might already be corrosive. Wear gloves of course but that's a sticky wicket :pullhair:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Spelling

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Picked this up down the street this weekend. 

2nd time in a couple months that I've bought something in my small town.  

Never out of package.  Box could be nicer, but I can't complain. 

20171106_201044 (1).jpg

Cool! I love the JP toys. I've been tempted many times to start down that path, but I always pull back. Batman and Aliens get all of my $$$. This sure is nice though!

Finally picked up a couple of pieces on my To Buy list!

The NECA 1/4 Catwoman is a work of art, and bargain for the price.

The DC Collectibles BTAS Batwing is just enormous. Holy cats. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with this thing, but I love it.

photo nov 09, 11 12 18 pm.jpg

photo nov 09, 11 12 04 pm.jpg

photo nov 09, 10 54 25 pm.jpg

photo nov 09, 10 48 59 pm.jpg

photo nov 09, 10 48 45 pm.jpg

photo nov 09, 10 40 37 pm.jpg

Attn: any Marvel toy collectors - TRU is having a sale through tomorrow, buy one, get one 40% off. Not too bad. They're sold out of most good stuff online, but at the stores there's still quite a bit out there. I haven't found any of the new "Vintage" Marvel Legends like some folks, but I did pick up a couple of Hydra packs, etc. Also, if you spend $25 or more on marvel stuff, you get a free Funko Marvel shirt. Not too shabby!

PS: The Walmart exclusive ML Falcon and Winter Soldier figs have been showing up at Ross stores for $6.99. I picked up a Falcon last night, but haven't seen WS yet. Happy hunting!

Edited by F For Fake

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, F For Fake said:

Finally picked up a couple of pieces on my To Buy list!

The NECA 1/4 Catwoman is a work of art, and bargain for the price.

The DC Collectibles BTAS Batwing is just enormous. Holy cats. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with this thing, but I love it.

photo nov 09, 10 48 59 pm.jpg

photo nov 09, 10 48 45 pm.jpg

This should be sufficient to keep the women away.   (thumbsu

33 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

This should be sufficient to keep the women away.   (thumbsu

I dunno, my wife seems to like it? (shrug)

I am a member of a local Toronto action Figure collector group. 

Every so often they have a get together where collectors meet to swap, sell & buy figures

I picked these up at the Nov 11 show

Green Lantern Figs.jpg

I was so on the fence that I nearly turned around right away.  Just had all the marking of a bust. 

The traffic was atrocious.

The phone died and I was completely lost as I only received the address minutes before.  

But I fortunately remembered enough to stumble on this place in another state. 

But it turned out to be a great find.  Tons of Joes from 87 thru 93.   

Ended up buying nearly 100 figures with accessories and a couple vehicles.  

Still not sure what I purchased, but it only took seeing the 3rd figure to realize that I was extremely happy (pictured below). 

Hope to post more when I look thru the bin if anyone is interested. 

Original Payload from the Defiant and a Night Force Shockwave.  Both are pretty much flawless.  Sure there are more Night Force items in there. 

20171118_190720 (1).jpg

Likewise I am interested in the Heman etc as someone else posted above me. I have seen some at gamestop but they looked very large @NamesJay

Would like to know more, but don't know what questions to ask exactly meh

11 hours ago, scumdolly said:

Since MOTU AFA is in the air, here is my contribution. The BA Skeletor took (what seemed like) forever to find on a decent card with the NEW!

13734530_1155876714477255_334035050_n.jp

Those are great!

22 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I'm a big He-man collector, but I don't collect new toys. 

Can you give some background on them? 

Patrick

They are from a company called Loyal Subjects. The figures I got graded are mostly website or convention exclusives.

I think they might have some still available here: https://www.theloyalsubjects.com/store/masters-universe

Aside from the website product, they distribute them in "blind box" packages at various stores like Toys R Us, Wal-Mart and Hot Topic. There are some extremely rare figures in the mixes as well.

2 hours ago, comix4fun said:

With the addition of the Bionic Bigfoot, I was able to get the whole band back together......top right

image3-1.thumb.jpeg.1d40cee37cba3316658512b39538bf21.jpeg

And someone passed a sweet AFA Star Wars Boba Fett Large size on to me.....middle of the pic...

image1-1.thumb.jpeg.aaa86ff05ba84884107d2b6d39f8dec9.jpeg

Last but not least, I met up with a seller at the Kane County toy show and grabbed a MISB Evel Knievel stunt cycle and spent the cash on a nice case for it. 

He's on the top left. 

image2-1.thumb.jpeg.835939de53b0241c52522527702f963d.jpeg

That Shogun Godzilla is one of my all-time favorite toys. 

Wish I had the box for mine.  Very nice collection. 

Patrick

3 hours ago, comix4fun said:

With the addition of the Bionic Bigfoot, I was able to get the whole band back together......top right

image3-1.thumb.jpeg.1d40cee37cba3316658512b39538bf21.jpeg

And someone passed a sweet AFA Star Wars Boba Fett Large size on to me.....middle of the pic...

image1-1.thumb.jpeg.aaa86ff05ba84884107d2b6d39f8dec9.jpeg

Last but not least, I met up with a seller at the Kane County toy show and grabbed a MISB Evel Knievel stunt cycle and spent the cash on a nice case for it. 

He's on the top left. 

image2-1.thumb.jpeg.835939de53b0241c52522527702f963d.jpeg

A comic book dealer in Long Island has the same Bigfoot in the box in nice shape. He wants 3K for it. Hopefully you got it cheaper than that. :wishluck:

1 minute ago, mr_highgrade said:

A comic book dealer in Long Island has the same Bigfoot in the box in nice shape. He wants 3K for it. Hopefully you got it cheaper than that. :wishluck:

I don't think it's ever been worth that much, no matter how nice, unless it's professionally graded by AFA and got a 90 grade. 

A great sealed one would be half that. I got mine for a lot less than that. I think $3k is that guy's indication he wants to be buried with it. lol 

58 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I don't think it's ever been worth that much, no matter how nice, unless it's professionally graded by AFA and got a 90 grade. 

A great sealed one would be half that. I got mine for a lot less than that. I think $3k is that guy's indication he wants to be buried with it. lol 

You're probably right. lol