• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

On 11/21/2017 at 6:50 AM, scumdolly said:

Since MOTU AFA is in the air, here is my contribution. The BA Skeletor took (what seemed like) forever to find on a decent card with the NEW!

13734530_1155876714477255_334035050_n.jp

Nice figures!  I remember seeing those on store shelves back when they first appeared.  We even had a Shopko in the town I grew up in where I bought most of my Super Powers figures back in 1984/1985.

3 minutes ago, Batman1fan said:

Nice figures!  I remember seeing those on store shelves back when they first appeared.  We even had a Shopko in the town I grew up in where I bought most of my Super Powers figures back in 1984/1985.

I remember the Battle Armor feature absolutely rocking my world as a kid. It was the coolest thing ever.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:45 PM, comix4fun said:

With the addition of the Bionic Bigfoot, I was able to get the whole band back together......top right

image3-1.thumb.jpeg.1d40cee37cba3316658512b39538bf21.jpeg

And someone passed a sweet AFA Star Wars Boba Fett Large size on to me.....middle of the pic...

image1-1.thumb.jpeg.aaa86ff05ba84884107d2b6d39f8dec9.jpeg

Last but not least, I met up with a seller at the Kane County toy show and grabbed a MISB Evel Knievel stunt cycle and spent the cash on a nice case for it. 

He's on the top left. 

image2-1.thumb.jpeg.835939de53b0241c52522527702f963d.jpeg

Oh man I love your collection!

12 hours ago, Batman1fan said:

MOC He-man was the beginning of my toy collecting.  

That being the case, they've been in storage for a long time!  I need to look at the "New" versus standard in my collection. 

I remember picking up the spanish He-man and Skeletors for $15 (MOC).  Wish I would have purchased a lot more.  

For years, I've been trying to figure out which version, if either, is more valuable for Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops with/without the ring.   Seems like I've seen a lot with the ring (hypothetically making the non-ring versions rarer), but then people really want the ring.  If anyone knows, I'd love to hear. 

Patrick

That's AWESOME @comicwiz so glad that it worked out for you! :) 

Seems like I saw this on Comic Book Men! and there was a send away stand? for the 7. This was on a episode from 2013 lol 

Either way, CONGRATS!!

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's AWESOME @comicwiz so glad that it worked out for you! :) 

Seems like I saw this on Comic Book Men! and there was a send away stand? for the 7. This was on a episode from 2013 lol 

Either way, CONGRATS!!

Really? Do you know which Season/Episode? I had no idea one was featured on the show. Thanks :)

Edited by comicwiz

4 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

Really? Do you know which Season/Episode? I had no idea one was featured on the show. Thanks :)

I hope I'm right lol I don't want any disappointment....

I believe that it was Season 3, I don't know how you'll watch them or see a description of the episode. I think I remember that a guy came in with a set of Star Wars figures and I remember there being like 7. A guy came to appraise and said that "Luke" wasn't part of the "set". I'll try to look it up on YouTube. The show used to be on my Netflix and it was only the one season, so I watched it over and over and now it is no longer there; BUT I digress.

Season 3 and I think that it was one of the beginning episodes of the season. I believe that it said 2013 on Netflix.... I'll go check YouTube :wishluck:

20 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

YouTube was a loss...........................................silly Kevin Smith wants me to pay$$$

It was made by Kenner when I googled "was the Sears set of 7 star wars figures able to send off for a stand" I got the result that I was looking for BUT

It was made by "Kenner" and I don't know if that was specific to "sears", I might have got my wires crossed due to similarities .....

It was definitely Season 3 of Comic Book Men, the episode I was thinking of, if you happen to have access @comicwiz

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I hope I'm right lol I don't want any disappointment....

I believe that it was Season 3, I don't know how you'll watch them or see a description of the episode. I think I remember that a guy came in with a set of Star Wars figures and I remember there being like 7. A guy came to appraise and said that "Luke" wasn't part of the "set". I'll try to look it up on YouTube. The show used to be on my Netflix and it was only the one season, so I watched it over and over and now it is no longer there; BUT I digress.

Season 3 and I think that it was one of the beginning episodes of the season. I believe that it said 2013 on Netflix.... I'll go check YouTube :wishluck:

No worries, I won't be disappointed. I don't watch the show, and I tried to look up that season but there's nothing in the titles or descriptions to indicate something like this came through. If you do happen to find it, please let me know which episode and I'll figure out how to watch it.

3 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

No worries, I won't be disappointed. I don't watch the show, and I tried to look up that season but there's nothing in the titles or descriptions to indicate something like this came through. If you do happen to find it, please let me know which episode and I'll figure out how to watch it.

Episode 2 season 3

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

YouTube was a loss...........................................silly Kevin Smith wants me to pay$$$

It was made by Kenner when I googled "was the Sears set of 7 star wars figures able to send off for a stand" I got the result that I was looking for BUT

It was made by "Kenner" and I don't know if that was specific to "sears", I might have got my wires crossed due to similarities .....

Yes, this set is exclusive to Sears Canada, it was only made here. This is set 3, and includes Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues), Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear), Chewbacca, Leia Organa (Bespin Gown), Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear), Bossk, Han Solo (Cloud City Outfit) - the Han in this set has to be the ESB vacumformed version, and the remaining should all be Canadian 31 Backs, although it is believed other versions as early as the 21 Backs, and as late as the 32 Backs have been seen with these sets (although I'm not certain I'd want to chance it on a set like this one). If I had a preference, I would want them all to be 31 Backs, with the set accurate characters and the vacumformed MOC specific to the set. The ones in this set are held together by a light adhesive strip.

Edited by comicwiz

2 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

Yes, this set is exclusive to Sears Canada, it was only made here. This is set 3, and includes Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues), Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear), Chewbacca, Leia Organa (Bespin Gown), Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear), Bossk, Han Solo (Cloud City Outfit) - the Han in this set has to be the ESB vacumformed version, and the remaining should all be Canadian 31 Backs, although it is believed other versions as early as the 21 Backs, and as late as the 32 Backs I believe. If I had a preference, I would want them all to be 31 Backs, with the set accurate characters and the vacumformed MOC. The ones in this set are held together by a light adhesive strip.

Okay that makes more since lol I didn't know much about it until episode 2 season 3 comic book men. I remember them saying the "Luke" the guy had might of been equipped with a "repo" light saber. While I didn't see Luke in your set of 7, I thought that I might have missed the mark....

It's the first 12 display stand, and they messed up the appraisal so bad lol

Cool item, but nowhere on the rarity level of the Sears exclusive ESB 7-pack. I actually remembered seeing this episode after it aired.

Here's mine with the original mailer box, unapplied decal sheet - the backing was never even put in the stand, so it's flat and near mint.

mailer2.jpg

mailer3.jpg

Edited by comicwiz

31 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

YOU scored that 7-pack lot, Joe???

That's AWESOME! Congrats, man! 

That and the Vader are the stuff of legend...

Thanks Chip, and yes. I got really lucky and couldn't have done it without the help of a friend located in the city it appeared for sale.

On 21/11/2017 at 7:45 PM, comix4fun said:

With the addition of the Bionic Bigfoot, I was able to get the whole band back together......top right

image3-1.thumb.jpeg.1d40cee37cba3316658512b39538bf21.jpeg

And someone passed a sweet AFA Star Wars Boba Fett Large size on to me.....middle of the pic...

image1-1.thumb.jpeg.aaa86ff05ba84884107d2b6d39f8dec9.jpeg

Last but not least, I met up with a seller at the Kane County toy show and grabbed a MISB Evel Knievel stunt cycle and spent the cash on a nice case for it. 

He's on the top left. 

image2-1.thumb.jpeg.835939de53b0241c52522527702f963d.jpeg

Great stuff, and awesome room. Very high likelihood I wouldn't get much done with all that stuff to stare at :D

Edited by comicwiz

8 hours ago, comicwiz said:

This was an out of province online classified find, and it ranks easily in my top 3 all-time in the wild finds. I discovered the listing last week, early Friday morning, and they arrived safely yesterday. It was the most nerve-wracking 5 days ever. When I first saw the photos in the listing, I thought it was the perfect photoshopped image to bait someone with my super-geek leanings. I just couldn't believe this was real. Nevermind that you have a better chance of finding a unicorn than discovering a 7-pack in the wild, but the MOC's here are nothing to sneeze at either. In fact, as I told a few people, I could with an unlimited budget aquire a hundred Canadian MOC's, and maybe, maybe find one of these. The 21 Back Vader in this lot is rarer than hens teeth. When I began assembling my Canadian 20 Back run, the Greedo and Walrusman were nowhere to be found. My WTB ads went unanwered for years on these two MOC's. The ESB vacumformed Han (Cloud City Outfit) is the rarest non-transitioned MOC from that exclusive set, and to still see it with the original 7-pack is astonishing. These sets usually have them cherry-picked. What's amazing is these have been in a single families possession their entire life. Anyone who collects foreign, particularly Canadian release vintage SW will tell you this is a pretty big deal find, but the story was even more epic. It wasn't cheap, and the vultures descended on this like nothing I've ever experienced, but I couldn't be happier to have prevailed. It couldn't have happened without the help of an out of province collector who I trusted to do the deal in-person for me. The second image is one of the photos from the original listing.

7-pack_sm1.jpg

:whatthe: Wow, great story -- that's pretty much the score of a lifetime on that 7-pack. That's a crazy-rare piece and I never knew they could come with any of the Sears Canada cards inside. Absolutely insane and massive congrats are in order! It's so great to hear that, even after all these years, these undiscovered, well-kept original collections pop up!