• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

Logray is just a nice clear bubble Kenner

How about some info on the Rebel CC in terms of your contents?  

I bought one about 6 years ago.  Contained the little box with the 3 figures still bagged, background hadn't been removed from the perforated cardboard, etc.  Star Wars was down in interest so I was able to pick up a bunch of cools items from a dealer for cheap (including a killer boxed Chicken Walker, boxed Hutt playset, among others).  

Patrick

Gotta love Scareglow!

Didn't get any toys for Christmas (well, I got some grown up toys like a new record player, pedal board, books, etc) but I treated myself to some nice stuff at the local antique toy mall during my Xmas break! Baroness is so sharp and bright, just has a bit of a sticker smudge but is otherwise gorgeous, by far the nicest I've personally seen. Torpedo is cherry, sharp, bright and unpunched. The rest were just for fun, the Dusty is amateur resealed, but for what I paid, i was happy.  The loose figure itself, when complete with the bipod, sells for about what I paid for this one with the resealed card, so I figured it was worth it.

May go back, same dealer has some really nice stuff, including a tri-logo Yak Face, but I can't bite at what he's asking right now.

Photo Dec 30, 3 53 12 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 30, 3 53 53 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 30, 3 56 08 PM.jpg

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Gotta love Scareglow!

Didn't get any toys for Christmas (well, I got some grown up toys like a new record player, pedal board, books, etc) but I treated myself to some nice stuff at the local antique toy mall during my Xmas break! Baroness is so sharp and bright, just has a bit of a sticker smudge but is otherwise gorgeous, by far the nicest I've personally seen. Torpedo is cherry, sharp, bright and unpunched. The rest were just for fun, the Dusty is amateur resealed, but for what I paid, i was happy.  The loose figure itself, when complete with the bipod, sells for about what I paid for this one with the resealed card, so I figured it was worth it.

May go back, same dealer has some really nice stuff, including a tri-logo Yak Face, but I can't bite at what he's asking right now.

Photo Dec 30, 3 53 12 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 30, 3 53 53 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 30, 3 56 08 PM.jpg

How much is the Trilogo Yak?

This counted as a toy to me...as a kid I played with that damn plastic shark...digging items out of his mouth over and over.

Found a really nice MISB example for my display..

5a4d167098cb3_JawsGame.thumb.JPG.8e0931d1c1940c9164600b2fff0d8bb6.JPG

11 minutes ago, Shadow Images said:

How much is the Trilogo Yak?

$2500.  Didn't take a close look at condition, but I think even pretty nice ones only sell in the $1k-$1500 range these days, don't they?

9 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

This counted as a toy to me...as a kid I played with that damn plastic shark...digging items out of his mouth over and over.

Same here, had it when I was kid, don't think I ever realized there was an actual "game" to be played, I just like to have him eat my other toys. You can find the shark itself pretty easily, but with the box, in nice shape like that, not nearly as often. Great pick-up!

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Same here, had it when I was kid, don't think I ever realized there was an actual "game" to be played, I just like to have him eat my other toys. You can find the shark itself pretty easily, but with the box, in nice shape like that, not nearly as often. Great pick-up!

Thanks, wasn't expensive either...which surprised me. 

It was like 10% of what the MIB Rodan I picked up cost me around the same time. 

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

$2500.  Didn't take a close look at condition, but I think even pretty nice ones only sell in the $1k-$1500 range these days, don't they?

Wow, yeah, that's a brutal price unless it's a graded example at 80-rating or above.

Even if it's a 75 (again graded) it drops to $1400-1600. 

Lesser grade, ungraded but still on card ones can be had between $900 and $1200. 

24 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Chris, that was my first toy ever! I remember like yesterday, walking through the toy aisle and picking it out. I found one about 8 or 9 years ago at a garage sale, and stupidly sold it at a toy show I did a few years later. Always been a great memory link piece for me! Congrats!

Edited by comicwiz

1 minute ago, comicwiz said:

Chris, that was my first toy ever! I remember like yesterday, walking through the toy aisle and picking out. I found one about 8 or 9 years ago at a garage sale, and stupidly sold it at a toy I did a few years later. Always been a great memory link piece for me! Congrats!

I'll put a post it note with your name on it, for my wife, so she'll know who to contact when I kick. ^^

9 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Wow, yeah, that's a brutal price unless it's a graded example at 80-rating or above.

Lesser grade, ungraded but still on card ones can be had between $900 and $1200. 

Around 5-6 years ago, the Yak Face figures experienced a really unusual price surge, and there were opportunities where you could sell a loose one for very nearly a mid-grade Trilogo MOC price. I had about 6 loose ones at one time, and was tempted to do a lateral move on an MOC, but Trilogo's weren't my thing.

21 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Yeah, I haven't kept up with prices, but I was pretty sure that $2500 was way out of range these days. Pretty neat to see one out in a shop like that, but I expect he'll be sitting there for a while. 

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, I haven't kept up with prices, but I was pretty sure that $2500 was way out of range these days. Pretty neat to see one out in a shop like that, but I expect he'll be sitting there for a while. 

The shop owner probably likes having it there too....thus the price. 

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

The shop owner probably likes having it there too....thus the price. 

I'm sure you're right! It definitely sucked my eyeballs in, leading me to buy all of these Joes! By golly, I fell prey to advanced retailing practices!

Wow, people got some great stuff!

That Baroness and Torpedo are awesome. 

Does someone have a loose Jaws that they can post pics of?  That's pretty awesome. 

I have a piece being shipped that I'm stoked about.  Will post when it arrives. 

Patrick