• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2018 at 9:36 AM, comicwiz said:

Pat, here's my old one (which I mentioned in @comix4fun's post that I foolishly sold - sorry about the blur, but the image is the actual one I posted in an old "Post Your Garage Sale Finds" thread).

It's a snapping mouth action JAWS, held together by two elastic bands, with the weight of the parts keeping it from closing.

The game includes a fishing hook which the player uses to remove junk parts from the mouth.  As each part is removed, the jaw closes ever so slightly so the object of the game is to remove as many parts as possible before the mouth snaps shut.

For anyone considering buying a used one, unless it's sealed like Chris', you have to watch out for repro junk parts (which are usually cast in different colours - I remember the original ones either being blue or white. The other is the rubber-molded teeth which seem too often to have been glued back on after breaking off from play wear. The eyes for some reason on these are prone to peeling off with time, so take a good look and compare as they may be repro stickers.

Jaws_sized.jpg

Holy Flashbacks Robin! I think I had this as a child!

I'm not sure but it looks really familiar!

On 2/1/2018 at 12:53 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I found these behind the counter at Toys R Us. They had the whole wave. Unfortunately they can’t sell them until April, but they did save them for me :smile:

9EF8F9C9-A114-4BF7-BC26-D657D6ACA7FB.jpeg

B3F69311-9931-48F6-8BA8-2478157E47F7.png

What! Does this mean X-23 is going to be involved in the next Deapool movie?

I've got to get these, thanks for the heads up .

Maybe not the place to post this - but does anyone know of a G.I. Joe site like the CGC Boards where you can buy AFA grades Joes? I am clearly not a collector of figures by any means but really want to get an Original Cobra B.A.T. graded figure still on its card (been scouring Ebay but not a ton on there). 

Feel free to PM and sorry if the wrong place to post 

15 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Maybe not the place to post this - but does anyone know of a G.I. Joe site like the CGC Boards where you can buy AFA grades Joes? I am clearly not a collector of figures by any means but really want to get an Original Cobra B.A.T. graded figure still on its card (been scouring Ebay but not a ton on there). 

Feel free to PM and sorry if the wrong place to post 

Odd, that one was fairly common as an army-builder. Surprised you haven't had any luck yet. Have you looked on yojoe.com? It's been ages since I went in their forums as it seemed like mostly loose figure collectors, but they may have some sort of buy/sell area like here. It's either that or try some dealer sites like brian's toys.

3 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Odd, that one was fairly common as an army-builder. Surprised you haven't had any luck yet. Have you looked on yojoe.com? It's been ages since I went in their forums as it seemed like mostly loose figure collectors, but they may have some sort of buy/sell area like here. It's either that or try some dealer sites like brian's toys.

Thanks I will give that a try.  I am not at all familiar with collecting toys - that GI Joe figure just has sentimental value to me, so I would like to pick one up.

Any other toy dealers or websites to checkout?

On 2/4/2018 at 3:43 AM, oakman29 said:

What! Does this mean X-23 is going to be involved in the next Deapool movie?

I've got to get these, thanks for the heads up .

No Prob. We can only hope X23 will be in the new movie or at least lead into an X-Force movie.

On 1/27/2018 at 4:35 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Picked these up locally the other day :smile:

7EF06CB6-E232-4952-B8F8-8CFE16E9D19A.jpeg

I love these, I remember when they were on clearance at Target and TJ Maxx/Ross, and I bought a bunch of 'em. I sold them all off, wish I'd kept a couple, as they're drying up and prices are starting to spike (particularly on the Target exclusive stuff.) 

On 1/30/2018 at 10:24 PM, followtheleader said:

I enjoy the drek as much as the desirable pieces.

Looks like it was never played with.  

Patrick

20180130_200943[1].jpg

20180130_201013[1].jpg

Oh man, this was the ONE Go-Bot that I bought. I remember seeing it on the shelf at Zayre's, and I fell in love. Never bought another one and it was always an oddball in my TFormers lineup, but I still love that car design. Very cool!

18 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I love these, I remember when they were on clearance at Target and TJ Maxx/Ross, and I bought a bunch of 'em. I sold them all off, wish I'd kept a couple, as they're drying up and prices are starting to spike (particularly on the Target exclusive stuff.) 

Luckily I picked up the Cobra Rattler the other year. It's going for over $100 now!

29 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Luckily I picked up the Cobra Rattler the other year. It's going for over $100 now!

I know, it's nuts! I remember when you could find them clogging aisles for under $20. Really kicking myself these days. Congrats on the scores!