• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

Apologies my timeline was way off. I had made some inquiries and maybe it was more like 5 or so years ago and was told they went for about 25. This was either right before or around when Disney acquired them which was in 2012. Man, time flies!

Edited by dem1138

On 3/15/2018 at 3:18 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

That's awesome. I don't think I was ever able to find one of those. GMJ, yes? 

Yep, General Mills Juguetes, S.A.  It does list all the other manufactures as well, but GMJ is in bold text while the others are not.  I do not know if I've even seen the others (I'll have to check the SP sites).  Parker, Palitoy and Clipper?

There was a loose Gulliver Superman on ebay in a lot of regular Kenners several months ago.  A whole bunch of ebayers wrote to the seller telling him it was a fake Superman so he ended the listing. :cry:  I bet someone was trying to work a direct deal and did not want the competition of letting the listing run.  If so, I hope it backfired.

21 hours ago, comicwiz said:

I've always liked the Kenner Super Powers 8 Backs. These are temporarily in one of my display cases, but will join the rest of my son's Batman shelf once I've reorganized it and make some space. Had been eyeing these for some time and finally picked these up from @slowdowntubby's shop (Big B). Will probably cave and buy some more.

IMG_20180322_2126022.jpg

Do you know anything about the bubble size variations for these small card Super Powers?  I have seen bubble size variants for Wonder Woman and Robin...  Not sure if the seals broke and someone recarded them professionally.

Sure thing.  Look at the glare on the package of Small Blister WW in picture #2.  It looks like the original seal cleanly came apart but left a residue from the initial seal attempt.  My feeling is that these are legit because I've seen so many.  And also because my large bubble WW is unsealing quite cleanly.

DSC_0919.JPG

DSC_0920.JPG

I've seen 8 backs for both blister sizes. Here is a graded one for the narrower blister you're concerned about.

If the glare you're referring to is the streaks along the sides, I'm not sure I can see enough from the photos you've share to know definitively. However, blisters edges can shift, and leave a similar type of line. The streak itself looks like the blister not bonding cleanly in those areas, but this isn't uncommon to see even with factory sealed blisters. Again, I can't say with 100% certainty, but if that is a reseal, the person who did it is scary good.