• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, halbert said:

Any Hot Toy collectors on here? Or is that frowned upon?

I think Hot Toys is the clear leader in reproducing accurate profiles. They have a few misses here and there, but for the most part they are spot on!

I have a movie version Harley Quinn and I think the likeness is impeccable.

I've owned a ton of Hot Toys, going back to their original Aliens Colonial Marines line. My problem is that once they go OOP and prices start rising, I have a difficult time not selling them. Just can't resist the $$$. So as of now, I only have a few that I'd consider permanent, including the 1989 Keaton Batman, Adam West Batman.

The only ones I REALLY regret selling are my Joker DX-11,and my Alien Kane and Dallas. Should have held onto those, prices be damned. Oh well.

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I've owned a ton of Hot Toys, going back to their original Aliens Colonial Marines line. My problem is that once they go OOP and prices start rising, I have a difficult time not selling them. Just can't resist the $$$. So as of now, I only have a few that I'd consider permanent, including the 1989 Keaton Batman, Adam West Batman.

The only ones I REALLY regret selling are my Joker DX-11,and my Alien Kane and Dallas. Should have held onto those, prices be damned. Oh well.

On 4/12/2018 at 7:11 PM, GeneticNinja said:

I have a few. I think there are some posts about them in the Statue Collections topic. From what I've seen here I thought this was more vintage and some modern smaller figures.

Glad to see other Hot Toy collectors on here!  I have 4 preorders, and the prices sure add up fast!

12 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Don't you mean your run away from the Bounty hunter's?:) Nice figure if only I could wolf whistle here I'll let him do it for me.

0fd4014e459d156fcbaf60fbfd6c4c72.jpg.43df7d7c0d9ea2963a39c93a1125e225.jpg

Bossk's figure always looked like his mom dressed him for his first day of kindergarten and he's waiting at the bus stop.  

2 hours ago, Shaolingoat said:
2 hours ago, tv horror said:

Don't you mean your run away from the Bounty hunter's?:) Nice figure if only I could wolf whistle here I'll let him do it for me.

0fd4014e459d156fcbaf60fbfd6c4c72.jpg.43df7d7c0d9ea2963a39c93a1125e225.jpg

Bossk's figure always looked like his mom dressed him for his first day of kindergarten and he's waiting at the bus stop.  

Yes only he was in such a rush that his mum forgot to put on his gloves and boots.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:59 PM, Yorick said:

After you posted this, I thought we were going to see some Hot Toys...(shrug)

I can post some photos when I'm not feeling so lazy.  Sorry for leaving you hangin'!

Btw, Hot Toys just put a new spiderman up for preorder.  The suit kinda gave away some spoilers though.

Edited by halbert

2 hours ago, tv horror said:

Do you or anyone else think that the recent trade war between the U.S and China will affect the prices on these figures? Personally I think it will as the import duties will be tougher. 

I honestly haven't thought much about the tariffs and stuff with Hot Toys.  HT headquarters are in Hong Kong, so not sure if that will make a difference or not.  I know kitchen appliances will feel a hit, like refrigerators and ovens, microwaves, ect.  But never thought about it with Hot Toys