• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

Hells yes, bring on the hot toys baby  ??

6 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

I only own three unfortunately.  I would like to get the battle damaged T-800 next.

I still have to open my punisher from DD, yours looks great!  And the BD T-800 would make a great addition to any collection.  

And roger that Exit!  Think this is a great toy company with a ton of high quality action figures.

4 hours ago, halbert said:

I still have to open my punisher from DD, yours looks great!  And the BD T-800 would make a great addition to any collection.  

And roger that Exit!  Think this is a great toy company with a ton of high quality action figures.

Thanks man!  I didn’t like the guns he came with so I bought an M60E3 from barracks sgt.  I think he looks better with it.  The one thing that worries me about that T-800 is the battery that’s in its head to make the eye glow.

Edited by Parabellum

On 4/22/2018 at 10:09 AM, tv horror said:

Do you or anyone else think that the recent trade war between the U.S and China will affect the prices on these figures? Personally I think it will as the import duties will be tougher. 

Oh man, if the prices go up anymore, I'm out. I remember when HT's were $80, and that seemed like highway robbery at the time. Now they can't seem to release a figure for less than $250.

15 hours ago, Parabellum said:

The one thing that worries me about that T-800 is the battery that’s in its head to make the eye glow.

Not sure I know of the problem for the LED eye.  They have a bunch of figures with this 'accessory'. I imagine it should be a relatively easy fix if the battery were to ever die.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Oh man, if the prices go up anymore, I'm out. I remember when HT's were $80, and that seemed like highway robbery at the time. Now they can't seem to release a figure for less than $250.

That $80 price point must have been when the company 1st launched.  I got into the HT game about 2-3 years ago so I only know of the high prices.  I certainly wish these figures were cheaper in general.  But they have me hooked so I'm doomed.

13 minutes ago, halbert said:

Not sure I know of the problem for the LED eye.  They have a bunch of figures with this 'accessory'. I imagine it should be a relatively easy fix if the battery were to ever die.

That $80 price point must have been when the company 1st launched.  I got into the HT game about 2-3 years ago so I only know of the high prices.  I certainly wish these figures were cheaper in general.  But they have me hooked so I'm doomed.

yeah, the first figures I ever bought from them (and they must have been around the very first they ever made) were the Aliens Colonial Marines. Bought them through Sideshow, and at $80 a pop I thought I was being totally ripped off! But they were cool, so I had to have them.

$250-$300 for a 1/6 figure seems insane to me, but that's the reality of the hobby these days. Same thing with Sideshow's Premium Formats. Used to be around $300-$350. Now it seems like every new release is $450-$550. Crazy times!

I guess this package is just information about it, I hope the wait goes by quickly. :foryou:

I'd be interested in what it says, but maybe there will be an online manual when it's time to put it together. :foryou:

Not plastic, but an aluminum prototype of the 1966 Empire Toys Batman bicycle ornament. The background on the piece is that it was acquired from the original scultpor, and displayed at a Batman museum that operated in the late 80's through to the 90's in Springfield, MA. The produced toy was listed in this Hero Complex top 10 vintage Batman toys list.

Batman_side4.jpg

Edited by comicwiz

1 hour ago, comicwiz said:

Not plastic, but an aluminum prototype of the 1966 Empire Toys Batman bicycle ornament. The background on the piece is it was displayed at a Batman museum that operated in the late 80's through to the 90's in Springfield, MA. The produced toy was listed in this Hero Complex top 10 vintage Batman toys list.

Batman1.jpg

Batman4.jpg

Batman6.jpg

Number 7, nice score.  I remember having number 1 but I think it was made by Remco.

No pics, but I picked up the main 4, plus Silver Surfer, from the 90's Fantastic Four cartoon line. Great to have these carded, and they're the first wave, so the painted Invisible Woman and the dodgier Human Torch (I can't remember it's history, repaint of Daredevil or something, or no I'm thinking of the first ML...). Very please with them.