• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, halbert said:

Very nice ROTJ Luke figure by HT right there.  I just got in two figures by Hot Toys this past month:  DX15 Jack Sparrow and DX09 Michael Keaton Batman.  The new Jack Sparrow figure is amazing and would recommend it to anyone who is on the fence about it, you wont be disappointed.

The '90 Keaton Bats is an all timer. One of the few HT's I've held onto, and I won't be selling. Super figure.

1 hour ago, comicwiz said:

For at least the past 5 years, I have been slowly putting together a small run of Batman figural prototypes - as I may have previously mentioned it started out as something I was doing with my youngest boy. A few months ago, while doing some rearranging, I was realizing I was running out of display room, and started getting an idea to build a custom display cabinet. I had worked with a gent, who is a consumate professional and craftsman, on a Star Wars display in the past, but wasn't sure if he'd be able to do some of the things I wanted from the display. To say he exceeded all my expectations is an understatement. The entire display is fabricated using acrylic, and the curved edges had to be made from molded acrylic. He also constructed two clear acrylic figure displays for the hardcopy and wax with the leftover parts from laser cutting the pieces for the display, and as a nice touch, he etched in the logo on the translucent base, which also comes off easily, and this cabinet can be wall-mounted. The logo uses the line art from Batman 251 for half of the Batman text, and Batman 608 RRP for the other half. I wanted it to be themed to preproduction works, and the timeline of prototypes in it date from 1966 through to the late 2000's. I tried to keep my focus to 5 point articulated figures because that's really my nostalgic sweet spot, and am now looking for a 70's prototype (MEGO pocket super heroes Batman prototype of any kind would be perfectly suited for size and era) so if anyone here has any leads, please PM me as I'd like to add that in at some point. For now, it's a nice thing to stare at and thought you guys might appreciate seeing it :smile:

batman_display.jpg

base_etching.jpg

Wow, that's terrific! Beautiful display. I collected proto figs for a while but got out of it when I streamlined my collection. But it's very cool stuff, indeed!

6 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I'm watching those Mospeada / Robotech New Generation bikes. I was severely disappointed like many others that we didn't get Rook from the other company that ended up going out of business I believe.

273491519_RookCyclonePrototype.jpg.83e6c92de8d2c69e92783c2d4e060b32.jpg

But they are teasing Lancer / Yellow Dancer and his bike was always cool with the daggers even though they were never shown in action during the anime. So I'll get him when they put him up for pre-order. I never got into those Hi-Metal toys. I wish they would show some love to the Robotech Masters / Southern Cross mechs. Those hovertanks and helicopters would make good toys.

Yeah, I was hoping Beagle would've released rook and lancer, then maybe do the alphas, and finally the Invid. Now we are starting all over again with the stick and ray. So I'm hoping Sentinel pulls through and continues this line by releasing rook and lancer at least.

If you plan on getting into the Hi-Metal toys, expect to be paying about 200 to 300 for the older ones. These Hi-Metals are best bought when they are released at 75 to 95. I hear ya on the Southern cross stuff, but that series is not as popular as Macross or Mospeada. I'd love to have an updated hovertank and the VFH-10 AJAX. What I'd really like to have made are all the armored figures in each of the military divisions. There are so many that they can make.

Been working on buying a large TMNT collection.  And it finally happened tonight!  So nice when months of trying finally happens. 

Figures fall in the series between 1988 and 1994. 

The toy line is so polarizing with the 80s toy collectors.  Some enjoy it, but many avoid it.  

The wait really paid off as they were able to find nearly all of the accessories for the figures.  

So far, my favorite is the Leo/Creature from the Black Lagoon.  Very well done.  

Patrick

On 6/7/2018 at 9:27 AM, comicwiz said:

For at least the past 5 years, I have been slowly putting together a small run of Batman figural prototypes - as I may have previously mentioned it started out as something I was doing with my youngest boy. A few months ago, while doing some rearranging, I was realizing I was running out of display room, and started getting an idea to build a custom display cabinet. I had worked with a gent, who is a consumate professional and craftsman, on a Star Wars display in the past, but wasn't sure if he'd be able to do some of the things I wanted from the display. To say he exceeded all my expectations is an understatement. The entire display is fabricated using acrylic, and the curved edges had to be made from molded acrylic. He also constructed two clear acrylic figure displays for the hardcopy and wax with the leftover parts from laser cutting the pieces for the display, and as a nice touch, he etched in the logo on the translucent base, which also comes off easily, and this cabinet can be wall-mounted. The logo uses the line art from Batman 251 for half of the Batman text, and Batman 608 RRP for the other half. I wanted it to be themed to preproduction works, and the timeline of prototypes in it date from 1966 through to the late 2000's. I tried to keep my focus to 5 point articulated figures because that's really my nostalgic sweet spot, and am now looking for a 70's prototype (MEGO pocket super heroes Batman prototype of any kind would be perfectly suited for size and era) so if anyone here has any leads, please PM me as I'd like to add that in at some point. For now, it's a nice thing to stare at and thought you guys might appreciate seeing it :smile:

batman_display.jpg

base_etching.jpg

But that case though... just wow.  That really is an incredible way to display that collection.  

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, comicwiz said:

batman_display.jpg

base_etching.jpg

Number 7 looks nice as the center piece.  For some reason it reminds me of the front to the Mego Bat Lab.

Ordered this today - the only other one I have is an Iron Man and it is kind of cool... I always said that I would grab Fett once they announced one... 

Fett is coming in November and I preordered mine this afternoon. 

Egg Attack Boba Fett

BK_Boba1.jpg

1 minute ago, rat chew said:

Badass.  Do you have enough figures to fully load it?

Hm.... 

I have been specifically pulling some figures aside and off eBay so I could load it up.  

Heh - give me a few minutes and I will take a pic of what I have assembled. 

I quickly bought back some of the ones I sold.  I only had to pay more for the Skiff Master than I sold him for.   I already have the Walmart Jabba's throne room but this thing comes with a Jabba and a new Yak Face.  I know that the other Klaatu is 2019 release as well. 

I am still looking for a Black Series Ree Yees and the other barge droids.   Then I may fill it up with some random aliens.    I have a Slave Leia but figured I would get a second and Sandstorm Leia is on her way.   The key though is having those barge soldiers.  I placed an order from one of those guys in Macau and picked up two Nikto and a Barada.  The others I still had and pulled them off eBay when I decided to get the barge. 

IMG_3883.JPG

IMG_3884.JPG

17 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Been working on buying a large TMNT collection.  And it finally happened tonight!  So nice when months of trying finally happens. 

Figures fall in the series between 1988 and 1994. 

The toy line is so polarizing with the 80s toy collectors.  Some enjoy it, but many avoid it.  

The wait really paid off as they were able to find nearly all of the accessories for the figures.  

So far, my favorite is the Leo/Creature from the Black Lagoon.  Very well done.  

Patrick

Scratch or Hotspot? 

On 6/7/2018 at 8:27 AM, comicwiz said:

batman_display.jpg

base_etching.jpg

That is an absolutely beautiful, wonderfully constructed display! The person who built that is a world class craftsman!

12 minutes ago, DC|Marvel said:

optimus1.jpg

optimus2.jpg

What's the grade on that one? Looks really sharp. :golfclap:

I fondly remember my dad getting Optimus for my birthday back when he first came out. Impatient youth that I was, I couldn't stand waiting to see what he'd gotten me so I went digging around in his bedroom to see what I could find. There under the bed was the familiar red box (yeah, I guess he didn't try super-hard to hide it, but, yeah, I feel bad for being such a weasel). When I saw it, I pulled the box out, peeled the tape back and was able to get the toy out. Had fun playing with it a little (remember that New Transformer smell?), then put it all back. I even remember my dad saying on my birthday, "you probably already know what this is" as I picked up the present  and I'm sure I had a terribly unconvincing look of innocence on my face. I've always wondered if he knew I went digging around for it. He was a detective after all.

7 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

What's the grade on that one? Looks really sharp. :golfclap:

I fondly remember my dad getting Optimus for my birthday back when he first came out. Impatient youth that I was, I couldn't stand waiting to see what he'd gotten me so I went digging around in his bedroom to see what I could find. There under the bed was the familiar red box (yeah, I guess he didn't try super-hard to hide it, but, yeah, I feel bad for being such a weasel). When I saw it, I pulled the box out, peeled the tape back and was able to get the toy out. Had fun playing with it a little (remember that New Transformer smell?), then put it all back. I even remember my dad saying on my birthday, "you probably already know what this is" as I picked up the present  and I'm sure I had a terribly unconvincing look of innocence on my face. I've always wondered if he knew I went digging around for it. He was a detective after all.

80 subs 80/85/90. Hit of flap crease.

Man that is an awesome story thanks! xD Same here. I dug through my parents closet to reveal some of the autobot cars they had stashed away for my future gift. I can remember like yesterday, the guilt I felt in peaking and looking in those bags. Funny thing is when TFs came out, I was going through this lemonade stand type phase where I pretended to be running businesses. One of them was a store. So I would actually keep my TFs sealed for days and just look at them and display them. I could not wait to get home from school to open my "store" and meet my customers. The longest I ever held out was two FULL weeks on STARSCREAM before opening.