• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,323 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Scratch or Hotspot? 

Not sure yet, I've only looking at 10% of the collection. 

Based on the rarity of those figures, probably not.  But a number appear to be the later releases, so it's could happen. 

Found a Bebop Warriors of the Forgotten Sewer.  Pretty nice figure.  

Condition on the figures so far are pretty flawless.  Don't look like they were played with. 

Patrick

I've wanted a Rattler for a loooong time. 

Found a complete nice one in a recent trip.  

Includes the box, instructions, and figures.

About 1 week later, added the Tiger Force version.  It's also complete minus one half of a missile.  

Should have a couple other Joe items in the near future to post.  Deal hasn't been completed yet though. 

Patrick

20180612_184421[1].jpg

20180612_184424[1].jpg

20180604_220935[1].jpg

14 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

About 1 week later, added the Tiger Force version.  It's also complete minus one half of a missile.  

Should have a couple other Joe items in the near future to post.  Deal hasn't been completed yet though. 

Patrick

20180612_184421[1].jpg

20180612_184424[1].jpg

20180604_220935[1].jpg

Rattler is such a tough one to find in box or even with a box!

Traded for the new Black Series 4-LOM and he arrived today. It's for my small "random robot" collection that I add to whenever I have a few extra bucks from a sale or get a bonus at work. A vintage Micronauts Acroyear like the one I had as a kid should be arriving shortly. 

IMG_20180612_220553.jpg

Edited by Chip Cataldo

1 minute ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Traded for the new Black Series 4-LOM and he arrived today. It's my small "random robot" collection that I add to whenever I have a few extra bucks from a sale or get a bonus at work. A vintage Micronauts Acroyear like the one I had as a kid should be arriving shortly. 

IMG_20180612_220553.jpg

I like that little Shogun.  Cool and heavy.  

I should have been buying those.  Only have a few of the huge ones.  

Some day after I finish the 30 other toylines I can't complete. 

Patrick

3 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I like that little Shogun.  Cool and heavy.  

I should have been buying those.  Only have a few of the huge ones.  

Some day after I finish the 30 other toylines I can't complete. 

Patrick

Thanks. Eventually I'll get Gaiking to go with him. Those were the two I had when I was young. That's what most of these represent. Either stuff I had or wish I had back then. 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

On 6/11/2018 at 7:08 AM, Jimbo749 said:

First action figures for my collection,  i saw the T-1000 with interchangeable heads and had to have it. 

58059721_IMAG04272.thumb.jpg.d9ccd3cf363c47fc65042c0fba4d9c42.jpg

1783111290_IMAG04282.thumb.jpg.88f28caf13ef847c49fc68caf6085db3.jpg

896033699_IMAG04262.thumb.jpg.70105700802247536c244a0161aa4627.jpg

NECA makes such nice stuff. I have all of the Ultimate Arnold figures they've made, including the T-800 from this wave. Super nice stuff.

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick

20180612_184421[1].jpg

20180612_184424[1].jpg

20180604_220935[1].jpg

Rattler was the first GI Joe vehicle I owned, and I remember that Christmas very fondly. The Target re-release is also nice, although these days it's nearly as pricey as the original. There was a time when you could get them dirt cheap, but those days have passed. Love the box art, great pick-up!

20 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

NECA makes such nice stuff. I have all of the Ultimate Arnold figures they've made, including the T-800 from this wave. Super nice stuff.

I feel like I got a good deal too, $20 for the pair.  Seller thought the Sarah Connor was pretty common but the T-1000 not nearly as common.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

I feel like I got a good deal too, $20 for the pair.  Seller thought the Sarah Connor was pretty common but the T-1000 not nearly as common.

Oh yeah, that's a good deal for sure. The T-800 has gotten kinda pricey for sure, and the T-1000 is on its way. 

14 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Since we were talking about it, my "Hall of Arnolds", and my NECA Jason Shrine, just for good measure.

Photo Jun 14, 12 25 21 AM.jpg

Photo Jun 14, 12 24 52 AM.jpg

Love the "Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake" piece!!  I see that Terminator 2 special edition DVD with the metal slip case... best version available of the movie IMO, unless their is a Blu-Ray with the same content.

On 6/13/2018 at 8:57 AM, F For Fake said:

Rattler was the first GI Joe vehicle I owned, and I remember that Christmas very fondly. The Target re-release is also nice, although these days it's nearly as pricey as the original. There was a time when you could get them dirt cheap, but those days have passed. Love the box art, great pick-up!

I got two for Christmas that year :devil:  Like most Joe vehicles, it was just astounding how much play-value the designers and engineers at Hasbro could pack into those toys. 

Definitely one of the hardest to find MIB or MISB. Over the 15 or so years that I was actively seeking sealed Joes (part of that was pre-'bay), I only specifically remember seeing one graded example pop up (an AFA 80 in the early days when they'd just started grading vehicles which I passed on 'cause I thought I would wait for an 85 :facepalm:) and not sure if I remember seeing any sealed, ungraded ones. I'm sure there were a few that went under my radar over that time, but that one and the Cobra Stinger were two that I vividly recall just frustrating me to no end by their elusiveness. 

39 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

Love the "Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake" piece!!  I see that Terminator 2 special edition DVD with the metal slip case... best version available of the movie IMO, unless their is a Blu-Ray with the same content.

Yeah, I love that accessory pack from NECA. Unfortunately the hook on the beam broke instantly so the sign isn't hanging correctly, but the way it is still sorta works. Hoping to hear back from NECA soon about getting a replacement for that beam, as I don't really want to buy another complete set just to get one little piece.

Yes, that is the metal case! I have T2 on Laser, DVD, and Blu, but I've always been fond of that particular release. There's a cardboard sleeve version as well, but the metal is where it's at!

39 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I got two for Christmas that year :devil:  Like most Joe vehicles, it was just astounding how much play-value the designers and engineers at Hasbro could pack into those toys. 

Definitely one of the hardest to find MIB or MISB. Over the 15 or so years that I was actively seeking sealed Joes (part of that was pre-'bay), I only specifically remember seeing one graded example pop up (an AFA 80 in the early days when they'd just started grading vehicles which I passed on 'cause I thought I would wait for an 85 :facepalm:) and not sure if I remember seeing any sealed, ungraded ones. I'm sure there were a few that went under my radar over that time, but that one and the Cobra Stinger were two that I vividly recall just frustrating me to no end by their elusiveness. 

Two Rattlers?? Don't you think it's time you shared one with your good friend by the name of me? :baiting: 

I collected MISB vehicles for a time a very long time ago, as I really love the box art. But I simply don't have room for that many giant boxes, so these days I mostly just collect loose/complete pieces. More fun to play with anyway! But sealed boxes are still very tempting, again, cuz that artwork is so cool!

I don't know that I've ever seen a sealed Rattler. I wouldn't pass it up if I ran across one, but that seems unlikely unless I'm willing to pony up $$$.  It's certainly a lovely box. Right now I just need a nice loose example, and am looking to pick one up at the Joe show next month!

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, I love that accessory pack from NECA. Unfortunately the hook on the beam broke instantly so the sign isn't hanging correctly, but the way it is still sorta works. Hoping to hear back from NECA soon about getting a replacement for that beam, as I don't really want to buy another complete set just to get one little piece.

Yes, that is the metal case! I have T2 on Laser, DVD, and Blu, but I've always been fond of that particular release. There's a cardboard sleeve version as well, but the metal is where it's at!

That DVD has the best easter egg, punch in Judgement Day on the number pad at the menu (891997) and you get the extended-extended something or other version.

I would have thought that the Crystal Lake sign was meant to look like that, sorta rundown with the sign hanging becuase it still looks great!

1 hour ago, Jimbo749 said:

That DVD has the best easter egg, punch in Judgement Day on the number pad at the menu (891997) and you get the extended-extended something or other version.

I would have thought that the Crystal Lake sign was meant to look like that, sorta rundown with the sign hanging becuase it still looks great!

Yeah, it should be hanging on both hooks, but like you said, it looks sorta dilapidated and cool the way it is. I'm ok with it!

13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Two Rattlers?? Don't you think it's time you shared one with your good friend by the name of me? :baiting: 

I collected MISB vehicles for a time a very long time ago, as I really love the box art. But I simply don't have room for that many giant boxes, so these days I mostly just collect loose/complete pieces. More fun to play with anyway! But sealed boxes are still very tempting, again, cuz that artwork is so cool!

I don't know that I've ever seen a sealed Rattler. I wouldn't pass it up if I ran across one, but that seems unlikely unless I'm willing to pony up $$$.  It's certainly a lovely box. Right now I just need a nice loose example, and am looking to pick one up at the Joe show next month!

I'm jealous.  If a co-worker hadn't of gone to France for 3 weeks, I'd be at the Con too.  

Someone randomly approached me today with a HUUUUGGGGGE Joe collection today.  This one is going to take some serious time to work a deal out. 

Some very rare pieces that I've never seen in person.  Hoping it works, but too many unknowns at this point. 

Patrick