• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I'm jealous.  If a co-worker hadn't of gone to France for 3 weeks, I'd be at the Con too.  

Someone randomly approached me today with a HUUUUGGGGGE Joe collection today.  This one is going to take some serious time to work a deal out. 

Some very rare pieces that I've never seen in person.  Hoping it works, but too many unknowns at this point. 

Patrick

Oooh, I hope it works out, be sure to share some pics if you get it, and good luck!

I was REALLY excited to see this introduced last year as something that Hasbro was working on.  I thought it was an exceptional vehicle and I even made sure to pick up the Lego version when it was released for $25.

However... if this is MSRP... then I am definitely going to pass.  I think that $84.99 is way too much for this.  I will wait for it to hit clearance if I get it at all. 

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/75593

Still... I have to say it looks cool. 

568262177_ScreenShot2018-06-15at5_41_22PM.thumb.png.84f4f8543f061dcfa6e08c4c95aebb08.png1417200199_ScreenShot2018-06-15at5_41_29PM.png.fd93f840c34235e4bbdcaab7ec62afe8.png

On 6/12/2018 at 8:38 PM, followtheleader said:

I've wanted a Rattler for a loooong time. 

Found a complete nice one in a recent trip.  

Includes the box, instructions, and figures.

About 1 week later, added the Tiger Force version.  It's also complete minus one half of a missile.  

Should have a couple other Joe items in the near future to post.  Deal hasn't been completed yet though. 

Patrick

20180612_184421[1].jpg

20180612_184424[1].jpg

20180604_220935[1].jpg

I owned that toy but it was in bad shape after so many plays. I think it was one of the original larger vehicles when I got into G.I. Joe. I'm sure it was released around the time of the Skystriker, Hovercraft, and a few other popular ones. I believe the majority of the older vehicles are difficult to find complete with boxes. Part of me wants to get a Skystriker and Rattler again just for that G.I. Joe comic with the great battle between the two. I know I was always upset with the Skystriker because as a kid I could never get the parachute and seat to stay in the jet the right way.

It's possible I posted this already but I've been thinking about getting this big one after watching this video. I like how he's getting the ship modified for the bottom deck.

11 hours ago, Yorick said:

Will it still be the largest vehicle since the release of Jabba's sail barge?

Yes 

More remarkable of what it would be if it were actually in scale. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 10.13.11 AM.png

BTW.... I would not be surprised if this is not the next haslab project.  Back in 2011, Hasbro researched the viability of an updated USS Flagg to accommodate the smaller one man attack jets, Sky Hawks, and choppers in their then current lineup for GI Joe.  They modeled it after the GI Joe: Resolute cartoon and created the following mockup.  As you realize this was never produced but Hasbro did bring it to a Joe Con or two to show off what might have been (and what eventually could be.)  With the success of the barge I would expect to see this offered sometime in the future.  The footprint was under four feet so I would say they would go for another $500 and offer Admiral Keel Haul as a pack-in alongside another figure if they give this a go. 

ussflagproto2.jpg

flagg02.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, followtheleader said:

I've wanted a Rattler for a loooong time. 

Found a complete nice one in a recent trip.  

Includes the box, instructions, and figures.

About 1 week later, added the Tiger Force version.  It's also complete minus one half of a missile.  

Should have a couple other Joe items in the near future to post.  Deal hasn't been completed yet though. 

Patrick

20180612_184421[1].jpg

20180612_184424[1].jpg

20180604_220935[1].jpg

I always liked the comic where Ace and Wild Weasel have their dog fight.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Traded for the new Black Series 4-LOM and he arrived today. It's for my small "random robot" collection that I add to whenever I have a few extra bucks from a sale or get a bonus at work. A vintage Micronauts Acroyear like the one I had as a kid should be arriving shortly. 

IMG_20180612_220553.jpg

Wher's 3PO and Twiki?  Bidi bidi bidi

@STORMSHADOW_80 I love that Eagle Hawk and was more than happy to sell off my Tommahawk and keep the modern updated version.  That thing is built to last and is not as fragile.  Hasbro really went above and beyond on that piece.  Mine is currently disassembled and in a box... but it might come out this summer.   

18 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Got a devilfish and some nice acrylic display stands for Joe stuff on Father's Day. They work great. I had to modify one tab on the Eaglehawk display so I could have the helicopter facing this direction. Yes that is X-Force in the Eaglehawk

IMG_7516.jpg

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7522.jpg

IMG_7517.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

Love the acrylic stands! Picked up a similar one for the X-Wing I restored. Sometimes they are a pain to assemble without breaking, but they look nice when they're all put together!

Photo Jun 19, 9 01 06 AM.jpg

Oh, and PS, Devilfish is one of my favorite vehicles as well. Very fond memories of playing with that one in the pool. The WHALE as well. Of course, as an adult I could kick myself in the butt for doing that (the WHALE used to sink due to Cobra sabotage...a lot) but, hey, I was a kid, they were toys, I had a blast playing with them.

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Oh, and PS, Devilfish is one of my favorite vehicles as well. Very fond memories of playing with that one in the pool. The WHALE as well. Of course, as an adult I could kick myself in the butt for doing that (the WHALE used to sink due to Cobra sabotage...a lot) but, hey, I was a kid, they were toys, I had a blast playing with them.

That X-Wing looks pretty sharp! Same, devilfish was always one of my favs. I'm thinking of picking another one up. I had a discussion with one of my sons the other day and he was telling me how cool the 80s toys were compared to most toys nowadays and why didn't I keep everything. I was just like, well it was a great time and as kids we just assumed it would never end. It seemed like all the toy companies were firing on all cylinders and we had a blast. Not only with the toys but cartoons as well (thumbsu

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

That X-Wing looks pretty sharp! Same, devilfish was always one of my favs. I'm thinking of picking another one up. I had a discussion with one of my sons the other day and he was telling me how cool the 80s toys were compared to most toys nowadays and why didn't I keep everything. I was just like, well it was a great time and as kids we just assumed it would never end. It seemed like all the toy companies were firing on all cylinders and we had a blast. Not only with the toys but cartoons as well (thumbsu

No question, the 80's were the very best time for toys, and it's not even close. I have a great affinity for stuff that came before, like Megos and the like, but with He-Man, Transformers, GI Joe, Barbie, Lego and SOOOOO much more firing on all cylinders, it was a great time to be a kid!

I can't really have too many regrets about how I treated my stuff. Sure, I'd love to have it all now, but I sure did have a great time when I was a kid, and I wouldn't trade those memories for all of the MOSC vintage figs in the world. 

Probably.