• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2018 at 8:58 PM, followtheleader said:

Got to get a vintage one in there!

Nice grouping.  That's a whole lot of Prime.  

Patrick 

Thanks, man!

I’ve always got my eyes open for some vintage Primes. 

Most of these were thrift shop rescues.

5 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I picked up a Flagg yesterday. Price was good and it was local so I didn't want to pass it up. Left it on the plywood while it was transported. Disassembled it last night and did the layout drawings to add the lower deck.

IMG_7632.jpg

Great photo.  Can I come over to play?  (thumbsu

5 hours ago, Yorick said:

Great photo.  Can I come over to play?  (thumbsu

Did you get an accessories that are not pictured? 

Good thing I don't live there.  Or FTL would be bringing more home. 

Patrick

On 6/30/2018 at 11:27 PM, followtheleader said:

Couple fun questions.  Try to limit it to one toy per question to make the questions a little tougher.  

Feel free to throw in some back-story. 

A.  What was your all-time favorite toy that you received at Christmas/Birthday? 

B.  What toy did you yearn for but never received (at least never received in your youth)? 

C.  What toy did you thoroughly enjoy in your youth, but you now find it to be pretty silly?  

Patrick

Late to this one:

A) Wow. Soooo many. Every year was "the best". 12-inch Boba, AT-AT, Vader's Star Destroyer, MOBAT, Rattler, GI Joe HQ. WHALE. If I absolutely HAD to narrow it down to one, probably the Joe HQ. It was pretty much the centerpiece of all my Joe battles for years to come. I remember calling my friend on Christmas Day or the day after and, when his mom answered the phone and told me he wasn't there, I asked her if he had gotten the Joe HQ for Christmas 'cause I had. Of course, she didn't know. Pfff, moms :facepalm: Sometime in the mid-90's when I'd started collecting vintage figures I raided the photo albums in my family to pull all the pics of me on Christmas or my birthday opening some of those toys. I should get those re-scanned and post some.

B) Toys I yearned for.... well, it seems the coolest stuff always came out right as I was getting out of a series. So TF Shockwave and Jetfire, SW TIE Interceptor, Y-Wing, Skiff and A-Wing, Cobra Hydrofoil (never wanted the Flagg). Again, hard to pinpoint just one, although Shockwave is kinda my most visceral memory of disappointment, especially 'cause the cover to TF #5 is sooo boss. Those toys all came out after I'd mostly gotten out of those lines, but would still see them in stores and just kick myself.

C) Nothing really. I think the one that I loved which is traditionally derided is that flimsy Cobra Missile Command Sears exclusive which was made from cardboard. There's no way I can't still see that thing through the kid glasses and I still think it was quite a nifty piece of Hasbro ingenuity (those little cardboard seats!!). I have the SDCC exclusive in my office at work. 

13 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Late to this one:

A) Wow. Soooo many. Every year was "the best". 12-inch Boba, AT-AT, Vader's Star Destroyer, MOBAT, Rattler, GI Joe HQ. WHALE. If I absolutely HAD to narrow it down to one, probably the Joe HQ. It was pretty much the centerpiece of all my Joe battles for years to come. I remember calling my friend on Christmas Day or the day after and, when his mom answered the phone and told me he wasn't there, I asked her if he had gotten the Joe HQ for Christmas 'cause I had. Of course, she didn't know. Pfff, moms :facepalm: Sometime in the mid-90's when I'd started collecting vintage figures I raided the photo albums in my family to pull all the pics of me on Christmas or my birthday opening some of those toys. I should get those re-scanned and post some.

B) Toys I yearned for.... well, it seems the coolest stuff always came out right as I was getting out of a series. So TF Shockwave and Jetfire, SW TIE Interceptor, Y-Wing, Skiff and A-Wing, Cobra Hydrofoil (never wanted the Flagg). Again, hard to pinpoint just one, although Shockwave is kinda my most visceral memory of disappointment, especially 'cause the cover to TF #5 is sooo boss. Those toys all came out after I'd mostly gotten out of those lines, but would still see them in stores and just kick myself.

C) Nothing really. I think the one that I loved which is traditionally derided is that flimsy Cobra Missile Command Sears exclusive which was made from cardboard. There's no way I can't still see that thing through the kid glasses and I still think it was quite a nifty piece of Hasbro ingenuity (those little cardboard seats!!). I have the SDCC exclusive in my office at work. 

Definitely not too late. 

You should post those Christmas pics.  I'm sure we'd all enjoy them. 

I had my mother look thru ours a couple years ago.  I surprisingly found very few noteworthy ones.  

Pretty fun to see some toys that I don't remember owning.  Like the huge WWE Wrestling ring.  Looked pretty awesome. 

I do remember my brother and I having the small M.U.S.C.L.E.S ring.  Again, pretty silly but darn fun.  Though M.U.S.C.L.E.S don't go for much, I rarely find them anymore. 

Patrick

In all my years of collecting toys, I'd never seen this toy. 

After researching, sounds like there have been TONS made for decades. 

A really cool piece for a super cheap price. 

So far it's appearing to be complete (parts, labels, box, manual, etc).  I'm not even sure it was played with as the blue exterior plastic pieces and the black soft plastic pieces are all still connected together.  

The Ronald Mcdonald child on the front cracks me up. 

They're not all winners, but they can still be fun!!

This might be a winter puzzle piece. 

Curious if people had them as a kid. 

Patrick

20180712_203650.jpg

On 7/11/2018 at 11:46 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I picked up a Flagg yesterday. Price was good and it was local so I didn't want to pass it up. Left it on the plywood while it was transported. Disassembled it last night and did the layout drawings to add the lower deck.

IMG_7632.jpg

Daaaaaaaaayuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm

I went down to Florida and went to the Magic Kingdom for one day and then on another day we went to Disney Springs at night.  Here are three pieces from my haul.  I had two droids built and I bought the pictured Lego set which is a Lego Flagship store exclusive.  You can buy them on eBay for twice the price but it is kind of fun to get one at retail in the wild. 

Got back last night btw. 

IMG_4632.JPG

IMG_4633.JPG

On 7/9/2018 at 9:13 PM, Myparentsbasement said:

Did a clean and reset of my Optimus Prime shelves.

B641BB8F-83E9-498C-AFBF-6920D7D54DEE.thumb.jpeg.8fc05fa97327dfa4286ba14639191da9.jpeg

Is the new one coming out 1 August worth the $289 or so, in your opinion?

12 hours ago, followtheleader said:

In all my years of collecting toys, I'd never seen this toy. 

After researching, sounds like there have been TONS made for decades. 

A really cool piece for a super cheap price. 

So far it's appearing to be complete (parts, labels, box, manual, etc).  I'm not even sure it was played with as the blue exterior plastic pieces and the black soft plastic pieces are all still connected together.  

The Ronald Mcdonald child on the front cracks me up. 

They're not all winners, but they can still be fun!!

This might be a winter puzzle piece. 

Curious if people had them as a kid. 

Patrick

20180712_203650.jpg

Had these.  I had fun with all my building toys.  This, Lincoln Logs, LEGO, etc.  Anyone have Fort Apache?  I also had a die-cast car factory, where it would assemble a 1:64 scale Hot Wheels or Matchbox style car by turning some cranks.  I don't remember it being very easy to pull those pieces back apart to repeat the process.