• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Yorick said:

Speaking of old photos and birthday's...  (1986)  This is why I love Super Powers.

SuperEvan2.JPG

Love it. 

My mom wisely bought us a little of every toy line.  Didn't focus too much on one.  Probably why I'm all over the place now. 

For Super Powers, we only had Lex Luthor and Lex-Soar 7 (hilarious name).  

Scary that she only got us the villians.  But that Lex armor is still rad to me (even though it's a silly color and wouldn't do much to stop Superman). 

Patrick

On 7/12/2018 at 10:14 PM, followtheleader said:

Definitely not too late. 

You should post those Christmas pics.  I'm sure we'd all enjoy them. 

I had my mother look thru ours a couple years ago.  I surprisingly found very few noteworthy ones.  

Pretty fun to see some toys that I don't remember owning.  Like the huge WWE Wrestling ring.  Looked pretty awesome. 

I do remember my brother and I having the small M.U.S.C.L.E.S ring.  Again, pretty silly but darn fun.  Though M.U.S.C.L.E.S don't go for much, I rarely find them anymore. 

Patrick

In the 80s I actually created my own "arena." I would have rows of toys as the crowd/spectators i.e. transformers, star wars, etc. lined everyone one up and then in the middle, the WWF ring with two aisles so the LJN figures would make their entrance. To this day still surprised at how large they made those. Will have to dig up pics.

16 hours ago, DC|Marvel said:

s-l1600-1.jpg

Oh yeah, I had that one, but don't remember it being named "Astro Wars". Definitely remember the Epoch logo and everything else looked the same, so either I'd just forgotten or possibly they rebranded it at some point. Mine is around the house somewhere, just not sure where. I recorded the date and score of my all-time high in pencil on the side. I was mighty proud of that moment.

21 hours ago, DC|Marvel said:

In the 80s I actually created my own "arena." I would have rows of toys as the crowd/spectators i.e. transformers, star wars, etc. lined everyone one up and then in the middle, the WWF ring with two aisles so the LJN figures would make their entrance. To this day still surprised at how large they made those. Will have to dig up pics.

Looks like people pay a decent penny for a complete one!

Went to an antique show this weekend and a guy had one of the wrestlers.  Pretty large for a figure. 

Someone decided to sow a little pair of drawers for the figure.  Not sure why, but he's now double-protected. 

Patrick

43 minutes ago, tv horror said:

That was a great set of figures both these and X-men Iron man and the Fantastic four sets I got them all.

Yeah I'm into these too. The Chameleon, Prowler, Mysterio figures are interesting. Since I collect them to keep in the packaging there's no room for all those for me to put on display. The ones I've collected have already eaten up plenty of space on my counter. I'm gonna get a desktop shelf to fit a few more in.

I like these because they're somewhat vintage & the figures are actually symmetrical. Others just seem like they have toothpick legs compared to their upper bodies. Do you keep them loose or packaged? 

3 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

Looks like Galaxian.  Was it different?

Same concept, but gameplay, scale and movement of the aliens was much simpler from what I remember. Now that you mention Galaxian, I think the version I had said "Galaxy II" across the top, instead of "Astro Wars". 

I loved Galaxian, so freaking loud.... that was the one game I could almost always hear above the cacophony of other games when I walked in an arcade.

I was cleaning out a closet the other day  and found my stash of Action Figures. I used to go by ToyRUS and and target and pick up discounted figures  or others that I liked.  I have somewhere between 50-100 all still OC  mostly MOC,  but a few are well worn cards.  Mostly Star Trek  and DC figures.  Is there an easy site where I can look to see if I have any that ended up being valuable?

Bought this but do not know if I am going to keep it or resell it to launder all my eBay bucks. 

With the $25 coupon and around $40 in eBay bucks I bought this at a price where if I resell it in a few months if I don't want to look at it, I at least make my money back and eBay bucks get turned into cash profit.  There really wasn't anything out there that I needed.

I only have one of the Gentle Giant Jumbo SW figures and that is of Hammerhead since the figure looked ridiculously cool in Jumbo size. 

Gentle-Giant-Jumbo-Jedi-Luke-Skywalker-1.jpg