• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

Just now, Chip Cataldo said:
8 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Would there be a comic book equivalent to a test figure? Like maybe an original art piece or something?

Ashcan. 

That's a good call. I was struggling with an equivalent but that is probably about as close as comics get to a prototype or test shot.

5 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

part of my old set up for my Flash collection. It's all been boxed up and on it's way to my next base. I'll be setting it up differently once it arrives.

1F70mEGl.jpg

I don't see a Super Powers Flash... (shrug)  Awesome character set!

6 hours ago, Myparentsbasement said:

There was an unopened box of Marvel Legends at Target today. 

An employee was nice enough to open it.

26895DB1-7F66-4FF0-9A6F-646EA7F7B82A.thumb.jpeg.b66a15617b0348d172c165f1bc54f426.jpeg

B4C4DE6E-F62F-4186-AA57-F5FAC3015E40.thumb.jpeg.eeba9b0e13fffc1ad5563c1b52dce56c.jpeg

I like that sabretooth. Cool little setup there. 

It drives me crazy that this version of sabretooth isn't available in the 10 inch :pullhair:! I love that classic design!

IMG_20180729_181025.jpg

14 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Had a good time at the Kentuckiana GI Joe Toy Expo this weekend. This was the fifth year, and the show has really grown, nearly doubling in size since last year. It's still a SMALL show, only one day for about 6 hours, but well worth a visit.

I was a little disappointed in the selection of ARAH figures this year, as it seemed they took a backseat to the 60's 12" Joes. Those are cool, don't get me wrong, but I am an 80's kid, so ARAH was my jam. Plus, I don't see how these guys store all of that 60's Joe stuff, as those pieces are ENORMOUS. Planes, boats, space capsules, it's all really neat, but you'd need a barn to hold all of it!

As for me, my goals this year were to pick up one "major" piece, a couple of complete vehicles, some drivers/troops that I needed, and whatever else caught my fancy. The mission was a success!

The Terror Drome needs a really, really good cleaning, BUT it is 100% complete, Firebat chains work perfectly, etc. Now I have to figure out where I'm gonna put the thing.

Nearly bought a Defiant for $400, but it was missing all of the expensive pieces and it would also have needed a serious cleaning. Also, if I came home with a Terror Drome AND a Defiant, the wife may have started divorce proceedings. (Oddly enough the Terror Drome has been sitting on a table in the basement for two days yet, she's walked by it numerous times, and hasn't even mentioned it. I think she's finally blind to my nerddom!)

Photo Jul 29, 11 37 28 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 29, 11 33 14 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 29, 11 34 27 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 29, 11 30 25 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 29, 11 29 48 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 29, 11 26 44 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 29, 11 26 31 PM.jpg

Awesome bro-sef. 

The Night Raven will always be one of my favorite toys.  Good haul. 

The Night Landing is a fantastic piece and a great price point in the 80s. 

Patrick 

13 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

This is flat out amazing. 

I LOVE that Wolverine sticker on the front. 

It's like Optimus mixed with MASK and Secret Wars. 

Patrick

It's really fantastic. I could never find one when I was hardcore into the line, though. I did end up finding the Spider Man castle but the guy wanted like $1k for it and I didn't have the cash at the time. I did have a complete set of carded Future Warriors, though. Those were fun. 

17 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

As promised...here's the Secret Wars Semi Truck Playset. :cloud9:

bootlegsemi1.jpg

bootlegsemi2.jpg

bootlegsemi9.jpg

bootlegsemi10.jpg

What a strange mix of toy genres, but I guess the mixing together of two things you love when you're 4 years old makes sense even when it really doesn't.  Had I seen this in the store when I was 13 when Secret Wars came out I would've just been like WTF?  :insane:

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Awesome bro-sef. 

The Night Raven will always be one of my favorite toys.  Good haul. 

The Night Landing is a fantastic piece and a great price point in the 80s. 

Patrick 

Thanks man, I was pretty happy! The Night Raven was far and away my favorite as a kid, but I sold my original back when I sold all of the rest of the stuff. I've owned a couple since then, but always ended up selling them off. I'm hoping to make this my keeper!

Yes, Night Landing is terrific, I love all of the little pieces it comes with (not shown, the radio, shovel, gun, etc) and you're right, not only was it a great price point at the time, you can still pick them up now, complete, for under $20. I paid $8 for this one!

On 7/29/2018 at 9:32 PM, SpeedforceKJ said:

i actually need to get one of those. I have the Koto Artfx one but I wanna get one of the actual figures for the collection. 

If you're going to seek out a loose one, you shouldn't pay more than $5.  Look for one whose nose hasn't rubbed down to the base red plastic.  I think I see the micro version on the right?

7 hours ago, Yorick said:

If you're going to seek out a loose one, you shouldn't pay more than $5.  Look for one whose nose hasn't rubbed down to the base red plastic.  I think I see the micro version on the right?

will do, thanks for that. and correct, you do see that one. I had that one gifted to me. 

On 7/31/2018 at 2:38 PM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

I am currently working on collecting complete Jay & Silent Bob / Bluntman & Chronic action figures and various inexpensive accoutrement to replace my Usagi Yojimbo display (below). 

JSB1.jpg.f5c89b6c86ab864df025df2c146c64ab.jpg

JSB2.thumb.jpg.1a28c6b1fb201f8c2b3631886171fd71.jpg

JSB3.jpg.da2dcc8e6e988678c8f483d1bbf2ae7e.jpg

JSB4.jpg.ab34a4f6d86703a2f23dbf04700db9a4.jpg

IMG_20180731_160930091_HDR.jpg.92a72be0c037aaad1a74df73b68c0f9f.jpg

IMG_20180731_162446171_HDR.thumb.jpg.7c330f4ea7146b5e254344804f6cdf52.jpg

HA!  I just watched Chasing Amy a few nights back... good stuff.