• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Hmm, that's interesting! I am planning on picking up a large G1 collection from a friend of mine (he asked me for help eBaying them, I told him I'd just buy them from him directly, but now we have to price it all out.) I haven't kept up with Transformers prices, but have reissues like these and the TRU commemoratives affected authentic G1 values at all?

In some cases, prices have been affected.  Others, no.  

Definitely look them up. 

Fortress Maximus took a good hit when it came out.  But it's still holding a solid price. 

Patrick

Thanks guys, appreciate all of the input! For the most part these look to be well played with and probably not 100% complete, so I don't think we'll be talking about a huge investment. There are some nice pieces like Trypticon, Metroplex, Predaking, and most of the first wave of Autobot cars (though I've already witnessed Jazz broken in half.) I'll take a look at recent sales and I'm sure we'll come up with a fair price. Will post them up here once the deal is done!

I think I wanna make a purchase tonight and take advantage of the eBay bucks incentive... however things I want... I don't see them for sale... 

They also have best offer and the person will probably not respond between now and when the offer expires. 

14 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Thanks guys, appreciate all of the input! For the most part these look to be well played with and probably not 100% complete, so I don't think we'll be talking about a huge investment. There are some nice pieces like Trypticon, Metroplex, Predaking, and most of the first wave of Autobot cars (though I've already witnessed Jazz broken in half.) I'll take a look at recent sales and I'm sure we'll come up with a fair price. Will post them up here once the deal is done!

Predaking is still very desirable. 

Pretty stoked to hear what you'll get.  G1s always bring a smile to my face, even if I'm not getting them.

Patrick

9 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Predaking is still very desirable. 

Pretty stoked to hear what you'll get.  G1s always bring a smile to my face, even if I'm not getting them.

Patrick

Thanks, yeah, I'm looking forward to it! It may be a while before we finish the deal, as I'm currently helping him with an enormous CD collection and some other music gear and stuff. But once that's done, we'll turn to the Transformers. Two big tubs full of stuff, should be a lot of fun to go through! I loved Transformers and collected them for years, but eventually narrowed my collecting focus, sold off the collection, and have forced myself to stay away, as I had to admit that I can't afford to collect everything that I like. But the chance to pick up a nice sized collection from someone I know in one fell swoop is more than I can resist. I'll be sure to update the thread once it all happens!

On 9/4/2018 at 6:15 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

It's not limited to Transformers, either. There are lots of KO lines out there...Marvel Legends, DC stuff, Figurarts, etc. 

i found this interesting, specifically the last page.

Edited by Pirate

I would think you would get tired of bringing this to the attention of members......over and over and over.

I for one get the point. 

You don't like the other member. Got it. You have a vendetta. Got it. You are on a mission. Got it. You have an agenda. Got it.

Complain to the Mods. Push the button. Or.....hm........find something else to complain about that has real time importance, like, well, Newton Rings. 

It is of course up to you if you want to be a puppy, following the guy around and pointing to the scarlet letter, but sheesh.

It is not that you are not within your Rights, and can post whatever you want within acceptable limits/Rules. Of course you have that Right.

I don't know him. I never met the fellow. I know the story. I also know the "help me out" requests of more recent history.

It is up to you, but it is sort of a waste of time....your time, I would think.

I am sure your point is probably valid, But isn't it really up to the Mods, to allow the member to post or not? 

On 9/4/2018 at 6:15 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

It's not limited to Transformers, either. There are lots of KO lines out there...Marvel Legends, DC stuff, Figurarts, etc. 

Unfortunately it extends to other vintage categories. I've known about this for some time. I can't divulge any further than what was shared in a group recently, but I for one would prefer these toy lines be left alone.

Hasbro.jpg

3 hours ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

I would think you would get tired of bringing this to the attention of members......over and over and over.

I for one get the point. 

You don't like the other member. Got it. You have a vendetta. Got it. You are on a mission. Got it. You have an agenda. Got it.

Complain to the Mods. Push the button. Or.....hm........find something else to complain about that has real time importance, like, well, Newton Rings. 

It is of course up to you if you want to be a puppy, following the guy around and pointing to the scarlet letter, but sheesh.

It is not that you are not within your Rights, and can post whatever you want within acceptable limits/Rules. Of course you have that Right.

I don't know him. I never met the fellow. I know the story. I also know the "help me out" requests of more recent history.

It is up to you, but it is sort of a waste of time....your time, I would think.

I am sure your point is probably valid, But isn't it really up to the Mods, to allow the member to post or not? 

Takes me 4 seconds to copy and paste a link for the newer members who might deal with him off the cusp, so not a waste of time for me. No mission, agenda or vendetta as I never dealt with the guy, just was around when it all went down.  I promise if any of the other hall of shame members show up, I'll be equal opportunity.

It is certainly your choice. A bit vindictive, and the stated reason for doing so a bit silly, since any member can access the list, but it is your Right to play Javert all you want.

It appears your performance could earn you an Oscar.(thumbsu

8 hours ago, Pirate said:

Takes me 4 seconds to copy and paste a link for the newer members who might deal with him off the cusp, so not a waste of time for me. No mission, agenda or vendetta as I never dealt with the guy, just was around when it all went down.  I promise if any of the other hall of shame members show up, I'll be equal opportunity.

:golfclap:

I decided to change the weapon on my Punisher Hot Toy.  I went with the traditional M-60 and several belts of ammunition with a slightly different pose.  I tried the ammo belts under the trench coat but it didn’t look as “menacing” and they where hard to see.  The problem with the other gun (first pic) is that the feed tray won’t close with the ammo belt inserted.  What do you guys think?

old 

B3402480-9328-4593-ADF0-DF4F864110FE.jpeg

New

3173631D-DCD8-4615-9F4F-1F27FA47C165.jpeg

Edited by Parabellum

On 9/6/2018 at 4:38 PM, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

It is certainly your choice. A bit vindictive, and the stated reason for doing so a bit silly, since any member can access the list, but it is your Right to play Javert all you want.

It appears your performance could earn you an Oscar.(thumbsu

You're tilting at the wrong windmill here Don. In the past, this board had a very strong self policing element. Whenever someone committed chicanery, the membership would make it very clear to the malefactor that they were no longer welcomed here. This was a good thing for the community and kept the nonsense under control to a degree. I applaud Pirate, or anyone, for keeping the spirit of that alive. We need more of that on these boards. The self policing attitude has become watered down as older members have drifted off. In many cases, lots of newer people here don't have the information and the history. 

Fair enough. I simply don't subscribe to Scarlet Letter approaches toward people, especially when the person has apologized, clearly recognized his/her transgressions and has taken the robust criticism from members and stated it is deserved, and will try to be a better member and participant and earn trust back. Bringing it up over and over and over, for instance the same member doing so in a span of 5 days, for something that happened quite a while ago, serves no purpose, as far as I am concerned. Sure, a position could be taken that the transgressions of the member did not continue because of members continuing to call attention to the past bad acting. I get that. 

To do so in a thread that is not the basis of the past "sins" of the member, and the post by the transgressor is not remotely suggesting in a any manner that the 
chicanery" is continuing, is, to me, simply spiteful, especially when the person doing so states he was not involved or dealt with the "sinner", just around when it happened.

The stated reason....to notify new members that may not be aware, is silly. The new members can check the thread dealing with same, or in the alternative, can pm the new member with a BTW message.

The members can voice their opinions in any manner that they want to. I have done so. Whether my opinion is "popular" with other members or not, does not dictate opinions.

If members feel it is important to bring up the transgressions whenever the "sinning" members post, that is their Right, as it is mine to disagree.

No harm, no foul.

1 hour ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

Fair enough. I simply don't subscribe to Scarlet Letter approaches toward people, especially when the person has apologized, clearly recognized his/her transgressions and has taken the robust criticism from members and stated it is deserved, and will try to be a better member and participant and earn trust back. Bringing it up over and over and over, for instance the same member doing so in a span of 5 days, for something that happened quite a while ago, serves no purpose, as far as I am concerned. Sure, a position could be taken that the transgressions of the member did not continue because of members continuing to call attention to the past bad acting. I get that. 

To do so in a thread that is not the basis of the past "sins" of the member, and the post by the transgressor is not remotely suggesting in a any manner that the 
chicanery" is continuing, is, to me, simply spiteful, especially when the person doing so states he was not involved or dealt with the "sinner", just around when it happened.

The stated reason....to notify new members that may not be aware, is silly. The new members can check the thread dealing with same, or in the alternative, can pm the new member with a BTW message.

The members can voice their opinions in any manner that they want to. I have done so. Whether my opinion is "popular" with other members or not, does not dictate opinions.

If members feel it is important to bring up the transgressions whenever the "sinning" members post, that is their Right, as it is mine to disagree.

No harm, no foul.

Okay he's apologized. That's great but you seem to place more importance on that than you do on him righting the wrongs that landed him on the HoS list in the first place. As long as his name remains on the HoS list, it's fair game to bring it up. People don't earn a spot on that list based on frivolous reasons. They are there for a reason. 

5 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

Okay he's apologized. That's great but you seem to place more importance on that than you do on him righting the wrongs that landed him on the HoS list in the first place. As long as his name remains on the HoS list, it's fair game to bring it up. People don't earn a spot on that list based on frivolous reasons. They are there for a reason. 

OK.(thumbsu

Be careful out there folks, according to anonymous cgcmod,  telling the boards about a crook could be construed as trolling.  Let's not forget that banning Stu's 100th new incarnation is much more important than a HOS member.  I guess mrmcknowitall really knows it all.  Jeez I wouldn't want to get moderated.  Go ahead HOS members, free reign for you!