• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,332 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Pirate said:

I guess mrmcknowitall really knows it all

OK(thumbsu 

That line has been used so many times it is expected.:banana:

My opinion has not changed. You have the Right to yours. No harm no foul.

9 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Be careful out there folks, according to anonymous cgcmod,  telling the boards about a crook could be construed as trolling.  Let's not forget that banning Stu's 100th new incarnation is much more important than a HOS member.  I guess mrmcknowitall really knows it all.  Jeez I wouldn't want to get moderated.  Go ahead HOS members, free reign for you!

I absolutely agree with you.  I also believe that this should be taken to the moderation area for further discussion.  The Mods have a history of banning members for actions similar to the individual that is the topic of your discussion.  I would love to air my thoughts on the subject in a more suitable surrounding. 

Edited by Buzzetta

So Joe @comicwiz... I may have gotten the bug for a small purchase again.  I think I want to own a specific MOC Vintage Star Wars figure again.  When buying online through eBay what is it that I should be looking for in non-AFA listings to ensure I am getting what I believe to be a mint on card specimen that is still sealed and not a recard or a custom?  I am leaning toward something that displays some yellowing in the bubble right now as that is less likely to be faked. (I think) 

20 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

So Joe @comicwiz... I may have gotten the bug for a small purchase again.  I think I want to own a specific MOC Vintage Star Wars figure again.  When buying online through eBay what is it that I should be looking for in non-AFA listings to ensure I am getting what I believe to be a mint on card specimen that is still sealed and not a recard or a custom?  I am leaning toward something that displays some yellowing in the bubble right now as that is less likely to be faked. (I think) 

@Buzzetta glad to help, although there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach to identifying issues with ungraded MOC's. Reproductions are getting better, and there are waves/characters popping-up that make no sense to me to reproduce, but somehow there they are being reproduced. Beyond the recard scenario is the problem with people selling undisclosed reseals.

If you see something online that you're considering, PM me and I'll be happy to examine it to avoid fakes or restored MOC's. That goes for any members from the forums.

If it's a particular character, I'll keep a lookout for you also as a fair number of MOC's are being sold in other online venues, and from trusted sources.

3 hours ago, comicwiz said:

@Buzzetta glad to help, although there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach to identifying issues with ungraded MOC's. Reproductions are getting better, and there are waves/characters popping-up that make no sense to me to reproduce, but somehow there they are being reproduced. Beyond the recard scenario is the problem with people selling undisclosed reseals.

If you see something online that you're considering, PM me and I'll be happy to examine it to avoid fakes or restored MOC's. That goes for any members from the forums.

If it's a particular character, I'll keep a lookout for you also as a fair number of MOC's are being sold in other online venues, and from trusted sources.

As always, I appreciate it. I am saving my cash for NYCC and then if nothing sparks my interest there I will be seriously looking at a couple of MOC SW figures. 

2 hours ago, PKJ said:

Not really new but spending hours changing out O rings on the ARAH run. Have a ton of stuff still to dig out.

Joe display.JPG

Who is the white character in the bag on the shelf? 

I want a bunch of those (especially on the top). 

Looks like you are a big Dreadnok fan. 

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Who is the white character in the bag on the shelf? 

I want a bunch of those (especially on the top). 

Looks like you are a big Dreadnok fan. 

Patrick

Patrick, Eels and Dreadnoks are my two favorites in the line, easy to tell. 

The White figure is an engineering sample of Stalker. I have a Scrap Iron proto as well I need to dig out.

Thanks

Phillip

1 hour ago, PKJ said:

Patrick, Eels and Dreadnoks are my two favorites in the line, easy to tell. 

The White figure is an engineering sample of Stalker. I have a Scrap Iron proto as well I need to dig out.

Thanks

Phillip

Would I be correct in saying that it is the 89' Stalker that came with the Kayak.  Hard to tell but it does look like it.. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Would I be correct in saying that it is the 89' Stalker that came with the Kayak.  Hard to tell but it does look like it.. 

Correct, 89 Version.I had several test shots, paint sample a while back but only left with these two I think.

joe eng.JPG

34 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

I have that same comic rack :headbang:

If you don't mind me asking, who did you use to sell of your SW? Any preprod left?

Sweet, I like that style rack.

Mr. Derby. I sold all my pre prod in 08. Awing run was probably the coolest I had, HC, Paint sample with swatches, FS, FS hand painted for pictures and a few heads at different stages, had the ship FS as well. Looking at what Hard copies go for I sold waaay to early. Had a Barada, Bib and parts of a Weequay along with the Awing run. I can dig up pics at some point.I think they are still listed on Toysrgus as me owning as I get facebook questions every year on them.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=51158

Edited by PKJ

5 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Sweet, I like that style rack.

Mr. Derby. I sold all my pre prod in 08. Awing run was probably the coolest I had, HC, Paint sample with swatches, FS, FS hand painted for pictures and a few heads at different stages, had the ship FS as well. Looking at what Hard copies go for I sold waaay to early. Had a Barada, Bib and parts of a Weequay along with the Awing run. I can dig up pics at some point.I think they are still listed on Toysrgus as me owning as I get facebook questions every year on them.

If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to see any pics you might have.

Regarding my quesiton on who you used to sell, you said you dropped off your last SW this week, wondered what it was and who you used.

Edited by comicwiz