• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2018 at 2:48 PM, MisterX said:

A question for the Star Wars collectors --

I'm thinking of picking up a loose, AFA graded Jawa. I see there are a lot of stitching variations. It also seems like some sellers (cough, on eBay, cough) are linking certain colors of stitching to the "first 12," or "original 12." Which, I guess is referring to the original twelve figures for sale. Completed sales seem to indicate (at least to this novice) that non-brown stitches sell for a little more. 

Is this all hooey or do the stiches really reveal when a loose figure was manufactured? I've searched a couple sites and all I've found are some really detailed pictures of capes, but nothing more specific about manufacturing dates.

Thanks in advance!

I never got into the stitches when I was selling and trading Star Wars Jawa figures. But that was a while ago. And like previously mentioned it was the earlier vinyl cape that most people were after.

On 9/17/2018 at 10:52 AM, Parabellum said:

Just arrived!  The top back corner of the city hunter box got a little crushed but other than that I’m quite happy.

CE12566B-BF6C-46A8-BAB6-749C1574B028.jpeg

What figures are these? With the bad word on the new Predator movie, like many poor sequels, I've decided to ignore the recent releases and focus on the classics. So Predator 1 and 2 for me only. Hot Toys needs to do a remakes of their Predator 1 and 2 figures. Besides I don't think anyone made a good Harrigan figure.

Not in to toys a whole lot, but purchased an action figure collection from someone locally mainly for resale as I got a good deal.  As I search through the collection, ran across this baby;  I had no idea what i had until a guy on a Facebook group I belong to pointed it put.  Pretty cool!

20180921_200156.jpg

20180921_200235.jpg

9 hours ago, Badlands said:

Not in to toys a whole lot, but purchased an action figure collection from someone locally mainly for resale as I got a good deal.  As I search through the collection, ran across this baby;  I had no idea what i had until a guy on a Facebook group I belong to pointed it put.  Pretty cool!

20180921_200156.jpg

20180921_200235.jpg

The Ewoks line Wicket has gotten quite valuable. Congrats on a nice find!

On 9/20/2018 at 3:44 PM, PKJ said:

Now if I could find the two other boxes of loose this case may be a little more full. I am sure I am not the only one who misplaces stuff for 15-20 years.

For transformers fans I did find Hotrod G1 today at the local WM and Devastator online through WM if you are looking.

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG

Do you happen to have links to the WM Devestator? If they aren't long gone..

30 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Your display does look impressive :foryou:

22 hours ago, NamesJay said:

Do you happen to have links to the WM Devestator? If they aren't long gone..

They are hitting stores pretty hard now. I found these today locally.I show INV on Starscream in several stores as well now.

Side note, I actually know the WM toy buyer and he stated they were watching the retro items and how they sell, mentioned MOTU as something else to look for but I get the feeling they will be dedicating space for retro style toys soon. He has certainly influenced their lego selection in the past couple years.

TFcase.JPG

It would be nice if you could actually find these things though.  BTW... 

It is nice (and amusing) to see the Chinese vendors are now bootlegging 3rd Party Unlicensed Transformers.  Anyone remember some of those 3rd Party Unlicensed Devastator's that were retailing for $350-$400? They were masterpiece size... Anyway... I have started to see them pop up for under $100. 

6 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Finally finished an FDA inspection and have a bit of time to post. 

Bought a very sizeable Joe collection for a wonderful price a couple weeks back.  Had a hard time getting it all in my truck!

Some notable items were a near complete Defiant and Terrordrome. 

Over e-mail, he decided to throw in a small box of accessories and other 80s toy genre parts if I purchased everything.  Thank you sir. 

When I got there, he decided that the Command Center should be included as part of the price.  Thank you sir, may I have another. 

And his wonderful wife decided that I should have a VERY nice and near complete Killer WHALE.  Again, part of the original price.  Thank you lady and sir.  

My favorite of the collection was finding a Hardtop stuffed in a random vehicle.  What a wonderful surprise when he was rolled over and a perfect white mic was sticking out that face.  

Some other fun little items.  I'm finding I enjoy the random small additions much more so than the large obvious items. 

Patrick 

Hardtop with the mic ?!?! (worship)

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Hardtop with the mic ?!?! (worship)

I was beyond thrilled.  

Can't tell you how many figures/collections I've purchased and mics are extremely rare.  

Even better, he had nice file cards for Hardtop and Payload.  

Patrick

12 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Finally finished an FDA inspection and have a bit of time to post. 

Bought a very sizeable Joe collection for a wonderful price a couple weeks back.  Had a hard time getting it all in my truck!

Some notable items were a near complete Defiant and Terrordrome. 

Over e-mail, he decided to throw in a small box of accessories and other 80s toy genre parts if I purchased everything.  Thank you sir. 

When I got there, he decided that the Command Center should be included as part of the price.  Thank you sir, may I have another. 

And his wonderful wife decided that I should have a VERY nice and near complete Killer WHALE.  Again, part of the original price.  Thank you lady and sir.  

My favorite of the collection was finding a Hardtop stuffed in a random vehicle.  What a wonderful surprise when he was rolled over and a perfect white mic was sticking out that face.  

Some other fun little items.  I'm finding I enjoy the random small additions much more so than the large obvious items. 

Patrick 

Whoa, all very impressive, but Hardtop with the mic is a legendary find. Congrats, sounds like you a have a lot of fun time ahead of you, sorting it all out!

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I didn't know where else to post this...

But a light up Jim Lee canvas, pretty cool so I got one...

20180924_211718.jpg

20180924_211705.jpg

20180924_211754.jpg

In order to light up there must be some form of plastic in a few of the components... ergo... Plastic Crack

Beast Kingdom Egg Attack Figures - Ridiculously Cheap from reputable source - BlueFin

Passing this along to everyone... I only own two of these guys... I picked up the Iron Man figure at NYCC last year for half off at $55 I believe, and I preordered the Boba Fett that comes out this fall... Beast Kingdom's Egg Attack series is about 6" tall and have that oversized head smaller body type of construction.  Currently on sale: 

Captain America Age of Ultron - Original $110 - Currently $35

Iron Man Mark 43 - Original $130 - Currently $35

Thor AOU - Original $110 - Currently $35

You get the idea... 

Rebelscum posted that they were having a sale.  I checked it out and ordered 2x SDCC 2015 Darth Vaders for $30 each.  That's one for me and one for eventual sale to pay for the one I want to keep.  Shipping was a flat $6

Link: https://www.bluefinbrands.com/incredible-deals.html?brand=693

bkt10495_eaa_sdcc_darth_vader_04.jpg

beast_kingdom_eaa_darth_vader_01.png