• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Beast Kingdom Egg Attack Figures - Ridiculously Cheap from reputable source - BlueFin

Passing this along to everyone... I only own two of these guys... I picked up the Iron Man figure at NYCC last year for half off at $55 I believe, and I preordered the Boba Fett that comes out this fall... Beast Kingdom's Egg Attack series is about 6" tall and have that oversized head smaller body type of construction.  Currently on sale: 

Captain America Age of Ultron - Original $110 - Currently $35

Iron Man Mark 43 - Original $130 - Currently $35

Thor AOU - Original $110 - Currently $35

You get the idea... 

Rebelscum posted that they were having a sale.  I checked it out and ordered 2x SDCC 2015 Darth Vaders for $30 each.  That's one for me and one for eventual sale to pay for the one I want to keep.  Shipping was a flat $6

Link: https://www.bluefinbrands.com/incredible-deals.html?brand=693

I never understand this. You show examples for sale already well under their original prices but you buy two to try and pay for both. New toys/collectibles rarely see gains.

1 minute ago, Shadow Images said:

I never understand this. You show examples for sale already well under their original prices but you buy two to try and pay for both. New toys/collectibles rarely see gains.

Buying an extra at a cheap price to eventually resell is not a horrible risk on my end.

At $35 I would like to have one of these at home, and if I am stuck with the other one, I have no problem tossing it on my desk or shelf at work.  But at the end of the day, most people around the world will be unaware of this sale or will have missed out realizing that the sale existed after the inventory has been dissolved.  I pass this information along here but I am under no obligation to pass that information along to the rest of the world.  If the original price was $110, then I have no problem listing it up on eBay, with a willingness to ship it worldwide at a price that allows me to keep my Vader for free.   But, again, if it doesn't sell, then I have one for home and I like it enough to toss on my desk at work.  This concerns items that are still available.

This also pertains to items that I have no problem to resell that were widely known to be available much cheaper at one point and then resell them for a higher price.  It's funny, I recently had a similar question from a buyer on eBay concerning a piece of jewelry.  They quoted to me the clearance price of a piece of jewelry from the website of  the designer.  She was absolutely right that it was available for much cheaper at one point but now, the piece was no longer available. If she wanted the piece she had to pay a premium above that price.  She passed.  The piece sold anyway.  The original buyer came back and picked up a different piece fully aware of the circumstances because they realized that if they wanted it, that is the price. 

On 9/20/2018 at 10:35 AM, GeneticNinja said:

I never got into the stitches when I was selling and trading Star Wars Jawa figures. But that was a while ago. And like previously mentioned it was the earlier vinyl cape that most people were after.

What figures are these? With the bad word on the new Predator movie, like many poor sequels, I've decided to ignore the recent releases and focus on the classics. So Predator 1 and 2 for me only. Hot Toys needs to do a remakes of their Predator 1 and 2 figures. Besides I don't think anyone made a good Harrigan figure.

They are part of the “ultimate series”.  They come with a ton of extra accessories.  Yes, like you I focus on Predator 1 and 2.  I don’t own anything from the following movies.  I wish they would release figures of Dutch’s team. I have the SDCC release of Hawkins but it would be great to have the other 5 Mac, Blain, Poncho, Billy and Dillion.  I would also like to see battle damaged vesions of them also. Harrigan would be a great edition to the line up.  King Willy and El Scorpio would also tie in nicely.  

Edited by Parabellum

9 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

I have a Hot Wheels Elite BTTF Delorean, 1:18 (BCJ 97), comes with a hoverboard, but sadly have misplaced the hoverboard. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement board? The car feels incomplete without it.

That's a pretty obscure request.  You may have to buy another MIP sample to accommodate that request. 

Hm... woke up this morning and had a thought...

I think I want some more of my O-Ring GI Joes back.  

After looking at the one's I saved, I still remain adamant about not buying MOC or AFA graded samples. A couple of the ones I saved are 'floppy' for lack of a better word.  Their rubber bands definitely need to be replaced. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

After looking at the one's I saved, I still remain adamant about not buying MOC or AFA graded samples. A couple of the ones I saved are 'floppy' for lack of a better word.  Their rubber bands definitely need to be replaced. 

I have a few in the same condition.  Is there a standard O-Ring size that is used for this?

6 minutes ago, Kreton said:

I have a few in the same condition.  Is there a standard O-Ring size that is used for this?

Seems to be the same across the board.  I do not recall anyone having any issues with replacement rubber bands on any figures... Just always be careful when installing it so you do not crack T-Bar hook that connects the lower legs to the abdomen. 

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

It is somewhat therapeutic to replace O-rings on ARAH. 

I have never broke a t bar but have broke 2 crotches before, Duke and Copperhead. They were probably about to go anyway but feeding the bar through snapped them both. 

2 hours ago, rucnok said:

where do you buy acrylic holders for action figures still in the package?  i'm looking for a holder for a 1974 star trek figure

Action Figure Authority is one place: http://cgagrading.com/toygrader/default.aspx

They usually have Black Friday sales to help with the cost. Buying in bulk helps too.

11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Which Joes are you wanting to re-purchase? 

Of the thousand I've replaced, I've had two that broke the t-bar on the crotch. 

Patrick 

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

Finding a swivel arm Scarlett is turning into a task but I can be patient.  

I am making a checklist and going through everything I remember having as a kid and comparing it against what I still have. 

12 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

I just had to replace my sgt slaughter t-bar. Until then i'd never seen that part break before.

On 9/30/2018 at 1:20 AM, Buzzetta said:

That's a pretty obscure request.  You may have to buy another MIP sample to accommodate that request. 

Seems to be an obscure item to replace.  Cannot seem to find anyone who sells parts. It would be unfortunate to buy a new car, just to get the hoverboard. The cars are going for over $300.