• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Oh I also finished my Flagg resoration/customization. I'll take some better pics as I get it set up better with figs and vehicles. My kids and I have had a blast playing with it. It's nice to see them off their electronics. I finally get to open up some aircraft I've had.

Flagg1.jpeg

Flagg3.jpeg

Flagg2.jpeg

Flagg4.jpeg

Cooooool, love it!

22 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

The ultimate plastic crack. I was thinking of maybe doing a you tube video or something but not sure how all that works.

Flagg5.jpeg

Flagg6.jpeg

Flagg7.jpeg

Yeah, awesome, you need to get it out there, youtube or instagram fer sure.

29 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, awesome, you need to get it out there, youtube or instagram fer sure.

Thank you very much! I was thinking of maybe just having one of my buds do the you tube video for me just so it can be documented nice. I don't know enough about editing videos that much. So far all the other Flaggs I've seen just added a plain grey lower hull. This project took me about 5 months working on pieces of it at a time. Originally I was going to have a skate shop grip tape the bottom so the texture would match the top deck, but it was going to be too costly and I thought it would be cleaner looking to add the red and white stickers around everything to match the deck. I used texture paint to match the feel and painted it black over that. One thing led to another and I repainted the top deck black to match the bottom and gave it all new stickers as well. Most of which I cut by hand in small pieces. I know there is a repro sticker kit for this ship, but I thought it would be cool to have it glow in the dark but still look like the original at the same time. I might do something with a black light in the room someday. All the panels and pieces on there I cut out from my original MCC that I found in my Grandma's attic earlier this year. It was pretty trashed so it's nice that I was able to repurpose it and give it new life. Everything just kind of fell into place. I'm really glad with the way it turned out. Just need to get the sky striker on deck now :cloud9:

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thank you very much! I was thinking of maybe just having one of my buds do the you tube video for me just so it can be documented nice. I don't know enough about editing videos that much. So far all the other Flaggs I've seen just added a plain grey lower hull. This project took me about 5 months working on pieces of it at a time. Originally I was going to have a skate shop grip tape the bottom so the texture would match the top deck, but it was going to be too costly and I thought it would be cleaner looking to add the red and white stickers around everything to match the deck. I used texture paint to match the feel and painted it black over that. One thing led to another and I repainted the top deck black to match the bottom and gave it all new stickers as well. Most of which I cut by hand in small pieces. I know there is a repro sticker kit for this ship, but I thought it would be cool to have it glow in the dark but still look like the original at the same time. I might do something with a black light in the room someday. All the panels and pieces on there I cut out from my original MCC that I found in my Grandma's attic earlier this year. It was pretty trashed so it's nice that I was able to repurpose it and give it new life. Everything just kind of fell into place. I'm really glad with the way it turned out. Just need to get the sky striker on deck now :cloud9:

I want to come over !!! lol 

Seriously... that is amazing. 

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

You should definitely be proud and show it off! Are you in any of the Joe Facebook groups? They'd eat this up.

21 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Hisstank.com

@STORMSHADOW_80

Yes, hisstank is a lot of fun as well. I've only posted there a couple of times, but do lurk on occasion.

This was a SDCC exclusive through DKE toys that an FB friend posted about prior to the show. I had another FB friend pick it up for me and it just arrived. Again, an unconventional purchase for me, but too cool to skip. STAR WORLD Dark Invader by Buzzard Guts, numbered #5 of 50.

starworld.jpg

starworld_back.jpg

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yes, hisstank is a lot of fun as well. I've only posted there a couple of times, but do lurk on occasion.

Thanks guys! That's a great idea. I lurk there sometimes too. :shy:  I ordered a few vipers to go with the ship that should be here in a few days. I'm looking forward to getting it all set up.

On 9/29/2018 at 5:28 PM, rucnok said:

ebay coupon made this one about $75 including the cool acrylic holder/case

1977starwarshansolofigure.jpg

Is that a repro card and bubble?  The Star Wars repro backs and bubbles are so accurate...

I bought a boxed Stretch X-Ray this weekend. 

Definitely not squishy.  

Is there some liquid I'm supposed to be rubbing on the skin (yes, it puts the lotion on its skin)? 

Roughly read that there some bad liquids.  Hoping someone is an expert as I don't want to ruin it. 

Patrick

Out of everything in this thread, I think the Rocket Firing Fett  and Stormshadow's Flagg.  I don't know which is better simply because while the rocket firing fett is a holy grail among SW collectors, the Flagg is an accomplishment upon itself for the sole reason of the dedicated space required. 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Out of everything in this thread, I think the Rocket Firing Fett  and Stormshadow's Flagg.  I don't know which is better simply because while the rocket firing fett is a holy grail among SW collectors, the Flagg is an accomplishment upon itself for the sole reason of the dedicated space required. 

That's the truth! It seems it is even bigger in person. It barely fit in my room. Literally within an inch touching other pieces of furniture. I'm really glad to move it out of the garage to give it the love it deserves. Garages in SoCal are pretty hot. I'm also thankful for my wife for putting up with my hobbies. :acclaim:

That Boba Fett is epic!